I think I failed my PCT

Buy Lab Tests Online

mlc2010

Hi Guys
This is going to be a long winded post, and I do understand I have been an idiot, I just wanted to pick someone's brains

I'm 37 years old from UK, I had been on self prescribed TRT since November 2019. I decided to come off as I never really found any real benefits from when I was natty ( I had high SHBG and ED issues etc )

I took 500iu HCG PER WEEK ( low stock due to covid ) for 2 weeks starting a week after my last jab. I now realise this was stupid as my test was in my system, then I started a pct consisting of nolva and clomid

About a month after my last jab of TEST E I started experiencing panic attacks, I have never ever in my life had mental issues or a panic attack, so I blamed this on the clomid/nolva. I removed clomid.. still felt the same.. then I removed the nolva and at the same time took a 12.5mg dose of aromasin ( someone on UK board suggested estrogen may be running rampant ) for the next 3 days I have never ever felt so lifeless and depressed

its been a week, not took any meds. my questions are,

1/ I know I messed up my HCG timing, can the panic attacks be related to having literally no test in my system?
2/ would blasting 2500iu HCG x 2 for 3 weeks then continuing with serms help?
3/ Shall I just go back on? I have some Test Prop

Thanks for help guys. I always thought I was educated on all this, but evidently not. I never expected PCT to be this rough. I feel like I have messed myself up for life

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
At this point, I would stop everything. And let your body recover on its own. Your testosterone levels should return to their old levels, after a few months.

mlc2010

At this point, I would stop everything. And let your body recover on its own. Your testosterone levels should return to their old levels, after a few months.

I wouldn't be able to cope with these panic attacks/anxiety for a few months

I literally can't go to the local store without having a panic attack and its never happened before.

as of right now though, I'm not on anything

Vince

Super Moderator
I wouldn't be able to cope with these panic attacks/anxiety for a few months

I literally can't go to the local store without having a panic attack and its never happened before.

as of right now though, I'm not on anything
I would think your panic attacks are being caused by your low estrogen or your brain (clomiphene) telling your body you don't have any estrogen.

mlc2010

I would think your panic attacks are being caused by your low estrogen or your brain (clomiphene) telling your body you don't have any estrogen.

That was my theory aswell. Not took clomid since the 15th so hopefully it will be cleared by now and I'm on the way up

I think the aromasin crashed my e2 and because I'm in PCT it's taking a while to get my e2 back up

mlc2010

are there any studies that show how long it takes for HPTA to recover after being on TRT for a year and a half? I was on a low dose and used HCG throughout.

we talking 1-3 months, or years without PCT meds?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You really did not do PCT. That hCG dose was too low. 1000 IU three times per week for at least 3 weeks followed by clomiphene 25 mg/day for a month would have been good. I understand you probably did not have enough supply.

You also probably crashed your estradiol with the aromasin.

I would just stay off everything and tough it out for 2 months, or contact the folks at balance my hormones UK.

You never told us what your baseline T was and how old you are, two factors that matter in recovery of HPTA function.

mlc2010

You really did not do PCT. That hCG dose was too low. 1000 IU three times per week for at least 3 weeks followed by clomiphene 25 mg/day for a month would have been good. I understand you probably did not have enough supply.

You also probably crashed your estradiol with the aromasin.

I would just stay off everything and tough it out for 2 months, or contact the folks at balance my hormones UK.

You never told us what your baseline T was and how old you are, two factors that matter in recovery of HPTA function.

I'm 36 and my baseline T was around 19-20 on a scale of 8-28. It was decent. I always had high SHBG and in my quest to diagnose various issues, I foud only T replacement was the way to lower SHBG ( which it did ). Then COVID hit and I stayed on, decided to come off as it didn't really help any of my symptoms

what bothers me now is, I never had anxiety before and now im worried I messed with myself mentally permanently

and yes my PCT was bad, I managed 3 weeks of nolva 20/clomid 50-100 and the HCG dose was too low and I took it whilst the Test E was in my system

goolapsh

The fourth week I felt levels bottom out and joints were popping and clicking, some fatigue and than woke up one morning feeling unusually well, then a day later the return of low-T symptoms.
This doesn’t sound right to me. Nobody recovers in 4.5 weeks. Did you use a pct? If so that doesn’t count because when you stop a pct your levels drop again. Your body recovers on its own time in my experience. I’ve been on and off twice now and both times with a pct. both times I stop the pct and my levels drop and still take their own time to recover. The point of the pct is to have some test rather than no or low test for long periods of time. Also it’s way more difficult coming off injections than cream. Won’t make that mistake again.

mlc2010

two weeks since I stopped PCT Meds. anxiety is a lot better, although today randomly I've struggled when I've been feeling great all week. energy is low

getting bloods today or tomorrow to see where I'm at

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching