I found a TRT protocol that works

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
I would be giving the protocol a fair chance 2-3 months before deciding on whether you truly need to jack up your levels further!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

UCFguy01

Free T: 235 PG/ml

I used to get 9 pellets for 3 years and felt even better on that dose. They wanted to start with 7 this time. It's good but 9 pellets worked wonders. Always felt good 2 weeks after insertion and it lasted about 3 months.

madman

Super Moderator

I used to get 9 pellets for 3 years and felt even better on that dose. They wanted to start with 7 this time. It's good but 9 pellets worked wonders. Always felt good 2 weeks after insertion and it lasted about 3 months.

Again you are only 5 weeks in.

Unless your FT was tested using an accurate assay (ED or UF) then we do not know where it truly sits.

Post reference ranges and the method used for testing.

madman

Super Moderator

This says it all!

5 weeks in and you want to jack your levels up further yet you have lowish SHBG.....go figure.

You would easily achieve a high FT just hitting a TT 1000-1200 ng/dL.

Unfortunately, you would have had no idea because your FT was most likely not tested using an accurate assay (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration) which means you would have absolutely no idea where your FT level truly sits on such protocol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dec20/2020
UCFguy01 said:
When I was on testosterone pellets, my levels after 6 weeks were total T 2000, Free T around 50, and I had an SHBG of 20. I felt amazing and I had libido like never before. Just sayin...

My reply:

Perfect example.

He had his FT tested using the most accurate assay the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis.

Through Labcorp which has a reference range of 52-280 (5.2-28.0 ng/dL) which I would prefer when testing FT.

His SHBG is 17.6 nmol/L and take a close look at where his FT level truly sits when running TT 1000s?

Are you telling me you were only hitting a FT 50 ng/dL running an absurd TT 2000 ng/dL?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Completely ridiculous that you were running a TT 2000 ng/dL with a lowish SHBG 20 nmol/L.....your FT would be through the f***ing roof.....plain and simple.

No one would ever need to be running such absurdly high TT/FT levels on trt.

UCFguy01

The first time I got pellets, he gave me 12 of them, lol. My total T was 2000 which was obviously too much. That's when he backed it down to 9 pellets, then 8 pellets, and now 7. I think I'm gonna ask if he can bump it back up to 8 or 9 where I felt best.

UCFguy01

I'm officially off of the "wait 6-8 weeks" train of thought.

For me, 2-3 weeks is enough to know if something is working. Even though I want to up my dose to 9 pellets instead of 7, I still felt wayyyyy better after two weeks of pellets vs. being on injections.....especially in the libido department.

madman

Super Moderator

For me, 2-3 weeks is enough to know if something is working. Even though I want to up my dose to 9 pellets instead of 7, I still felt wayyyyy better after two weeks of pellets vs. being on injections.....especially in the libido department.

Regardless 2-3 weeks is jack s**t!

Especially when it comes to libido.

You are 5 weeks in yet you still want to up your dose let alone have no idea where your FT level truly sits and again with a TT 1000-1200 and lowish SHBG 20 nmol/L your FT is going to be high.

Need to give the body 2-3 months to adjust to truly gauge how you feel overall especially before you go on about feeling so great on the pellets and unfortunately you want to jack your levels up further without giving the body time to adapt to your current T levels (definitely not a fair assessment)!

You want to go and jack your levels up.....go nuts.

UCFguy01

You are 5 weeks in yet you still want to up your dose let alone have no idea where your FT level truly sits and again with a TT 1000-1200 and lowish SHBG 20 nmol/L your FT is going to be high.

Need to give the body 2-3 months to adjust to truly gauge how you feel overall especially before you go on about feeling so great on the pellets and unfortunately you want to jack your levels up further without giving the body time to adapt to your current T levels (definitely not a fair assessment)!

I'm tryin' to get swole!!! lol, just kidding

So, for the 2-3 months to adjust idea.......
Would that logically make sense? I mean, the pellets take your levels gradually up and gradually back down again. The levels aren't constant. So in essence, my FT levels are always in fluctuation (albeit gradually).

MarcoFL

It is crazy I was at split 3X per week 180,150,120 then 14mg per day now 1100TT 214FT SHBG 28 44 E2. I am now going to 12mg per day. On the True T I am about 41 FT right now. LOWER and SLOWER wins this race. Listen to the older guys!

madman

Super Moderator
I'm tryin' to get swole!!! lol, just kidding

So, for the 2-3 months to adjust idea.......
Would that logically make sense? I mean, the pellets take your levels gradually up and gradually back down again. The levels aren't constant. So in essence, my FT levels are always in fluctuation (albeit gradually).
As stated in post#29.

There is an initial burst release of T (small short-lived peak) within the first 2 days (48 hrs) and levels will stay elevated off the hop as there is a plateau phase lasting roughly 60 days which is then followed by a gradual decline over the following months.

*The pharmacokinetic study in 14 hypogonadal men revealed an initial short-lived burst release of T with a peak concentration of 49.0 ± 3.7 nmol at 0.5 ± 0.13 days which was followed by a stable plateau lasting until day 63 (day 2, 35.2 ± 2.3; day 63, 34.8 ± 2.6 nmol). Thereafter serum T gradually declined and was close to baseline concentrations on day 300.

Regardless you still need to give the body time to adapt (2-3 months) to truly gauge how you feel overall.

TheDude

I almost wonder if Pellets are better for this with low SHGB. Mine is around 10 and I have had really no success with daily injections the past 3 years.

tropicaldaze1950

The first time I got pellets, he gave me 12 of them, lol. My total T was 2000 which was obviously too much. That's when he backed it down to 9 pellets, then 8 pellets, and now 7. I think I
'm gonna ask if he can bump it back up to 8 or 9 where I felt best.

Over the years I've chatted on forums with three guys who had pellets. Two of them had their libido/erectile function come roaring back in weeks. The other guy told me the first 3 months was hit and miss but on the second round of pellets, he was off and running with his girlfriend. They were both in their 60's and she'd had pellets implanted before him. I tried pellets and though my numbers looked great, felt nothing. My urologist was visibly disappointed. He thought, for me, this would bring my function back.

A couple of years ago, before my doctor relocated here to Florida, I saw a local urologist whom, I learned, does pellets, exclusively, and it was his experience that you just keep bumping up the number of pellets until there's a positive response. I'd also have to pay out of pocket for the compounded pellets. No big $$$ here.

madman

Super Moderator
Over the years I've chatted on forums with three guys who had pellets. Two of them had their libido/erectile function come roaring back in weeks. The other guy told me the first 3 months was hit and miss but on the second round of pellets, he was off and running with his girlfriend. They were both in their 60's and she'd had pellets implanted before him. I tried pellets and though my numbers looked great, felt nothing. My urologist was visibly disappointed. He thought, for me, this would bring my function back.

A couple of years ago, before my doctor relocated here to Florida, I saw a local urologist whom, I learned, does pellets, exclusively, and it was his experience that you just keep bumping up the number of pellets until there's a positive response. I'd also have to pay out of pocket for the compounded pellets. No big $$$ here.
You need to give the body 2-3 months to adapt.....period.

Otherwise, you will never be able to truly gauge whether such protocol (dose T) is effective.

If at the 3-month mark you find that you had been feeling off weeks prior and your labs show that your FT is not high enough then it would make sense to increase the dose slightly.

If at the 3-month mark you do not feel well overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms and labs show that your FT is still in a healthy range let alone other hormones then you need to take a step back and look at the overall picture.....pointless to keep jacking up your levels.

Even then many caught up on the more T is a better mentality not only end up struggling in the long run and unfortunately in many cases healthy T levels are not the issue as they may have underlying dysfunction thyroid/adrenals.

tropicaldaze1950

You need to give the body 2-3 months to adapt.....period.

Otherwise, you will never be able to truly gauge whether such protocol (dose T) is effective.

If at the 3-month mark you find that you had been feeling off weeks prior and your labs show that your FT is not high enough then it would make sense to increase the dose slightly.

If at the 3-month mark you do not feel well overall regarding relief/improvement of low-t symptoms and labs show that your FT is still in a healthy range let alone other hormones then you need to take a step back and look at the overall picture.....pointless to keep jacking up your levels.

Even then many caught up on the more T is a better mentality not only end up struggling in the long run and unfortunately in many cases healthy T levels are not the issue as they may have underlying dysfunction thyroid/adrenals.
You're entitled to your opinion but real world responses, specifically, to pellets, can't be dismissed. I do agree with underlying thyroid and/or adrenal issues, especially cellular thyroid resistance or central hypothyroidism. Most psychiatrists should know about this but they forget that they're medical doctors, first. As a person with treatment resistant bipolar, I've had to self-medicate with desiccated and order my own labs, my psychiatrist being aware of this. She's on board...as long as I don't get her involved, lol.

madman

Super Moderator
You're entitled to your opinion but real world responses, specifically, to pellets, can't be dismissed. I do agree with underlying thyroid and/or adrenal issues, especially cellular thyroid resistance or central hypothyroidism. Most psychiatrists should know about this but they forget that they're medical doctors, first. As a person with treatment resistant bipolar, I've had to self-medicate with desiccated and order my own labs, my psychiatrist being aware of this. She's on board...as long as I don't get her involved, lol.

Of course many can and will do well on pellets.

Regardless of the method used whether (pellets, patches, oral, transdermal (gels/creams), buccal, injectable you need to give the body time to adapt.

UCFguy01

week 7

Still rockin'...... wife is happy!! Feeling overall very good. Sleep is good, energy is good, mood is good, libido is on fire. Can't say that I have any particular issue at all at the moment. I'll get my next set of pellets at 12 weeks.

tropicaldaze1950

week 7

Still rockin'...... wife is happy!! Feeling overall very good. Sleep is good, energy is good, mood is good, libido is on fire. Can't say that I have any particular issue at all at the moment. I'll get my next set of pellets at 12 weeks.
You're in Florida? How many pellets per insertion? Testopel, compounded or another brand? Thanks.

UCFguy01

You're in Florida? How many pellets per insertion? Testopel, compounded or another brand? Thanks.
BioTe is the brand. He gave me 7 this time but after the bloodwork he wanted to bump it up to 9 so the good feelings last longer. His idea, not mine.....even though I wanted more he brought up adding a few before I said it.

UCFguy01

Week 8

Feels like I'm starting on the downward decent now. Still feel good but maybe a touch of energy loss. I get new pellets in 4 weeks which should work out perfectly timing wise.

madman

Super Moderator
Week 8

Feels like I'm starting on the downward decent now. Still feel good but maybe a touch of energy loss. I get new pellets in 4 weeks which should work out perfectly timing wise.

As I stated earlier:

There is an initial burst release of T (small short-lived peak) within the first 2 days (48 hrs) and levels will stay elevated off the hop as there is a plateau phase lasting roughly 60 days which is then followed by a gradual decline over the following months.

Your T levels will be high for the first 2 months then levels will gradually decline.

Not like your T levels are taking a nosedive after 8 weeks!

This is the time when you should be getting labs done to see where your TT/FT/e2 levels sit let alone RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

As I have stated numerous times on the forum although TT is important to know FT is what truly matters as it is the active unbound fraction of testosterone responsible for the positive effects.

You have low SHBG and I would bet your FT levels are still high at the 8-week mark!

Keep in mind that you would need to use accurate assays when testing TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration).

Man up and get this panel on day 60 (or a few days after).

I and many would be interested to see where your FT level truly sits 8 weeks in.

Either assay would suffice and #1 includes hematocrit

Hit Nelson up maybe you will get a discount!

1. Testosterone, Total and Free (NO Upper Limit) plus Hematocrit

2. Testosterone, Total, LC/MS and Free (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me