I feel good but have high estradiol- Should I treat?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Warrior

Long time TRT user, never had any sides etc. Yearly bloodwork was just done, estradiol was 67. Total T was 567 in trough. Free 155. Looking back, estradiol is always 64 to 67 which I know is higher? Dont have any problems just looking for feedback please.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Don't be lulled by the fallacy that something is safe just because it's not currently causing any problems. A lot of smokers feel fine right up until they develop lung cancer. This isn't to imply that there is comparable long-term risk in having both estradiol and the estradiol/testosterone ratio sitting many standard deviations above normal. The problem is we don't know what the risk is. We also don't know if it's any safer to force levels down to normal with an aromatase inhibitor.

I know this is unsatisfying, but in your shoes I'd still prefer to be aware of what I don't know. I see that your hCG dose is already pretty low, removing some low-hanging fruit with respect to improving your numbers.

Warrior

Don't be lulled by the fallacy that something is safe just because it's not currently causing any problems. A lot of smokers feel fine right up until they develop lung cancer. This isn't to imply that there is comparable long-term risk in having both estradiol and the estradiol/testosterone ratio sitting many standard deviations above normal. The problem is we don't know what the risk is. We also don't know if it's any safer to force levels down to normal with an aromatase inhibitor.

I know this is unsatisfying, but in your shoes I'd still prefer to be aware of what I don't know. I see that your hCG dose is already pretty low, removing some low-hanging fruit with respect to improving your numbers.
I didnt report my HCG numbers? But I do standard 250iu 2x per week.

Jed Dorsey

Cataceous is absolutely right in saying we just don’t know what the risks are. Just because we feel good doesn’t necessarily mean everything is all good. Why not err in the side caution and stay within range.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Nelson I know that your not in favor of AI but I must take you to task on this. If he feels good takes an LC/MS or ECLIA test and is still high what then?
I would then ask him what his hematocrit and his HDL are. Obviously, he seems to feel good (including good libido).

Higher estradiol was correlated to higher libido in this NIH funded study done by the top researcher in the field (DR Bhasin, the same guy that did a study giving men 600 mg/week of testosterone):

MECHANISMS IN ENDOCRINOLOGY: Estradiol as a male hormone

Another benefit of estradiol in men:

Jed Dorsey

These are all good points and who wouldn’t want good erections however it’s still well known in the medical community elevated serum estradiol is associated with increased cases of breast cancer. Maybe it’s just me but I prefer to do a half milligram AI weekly and keeps me in range and libido is still awesome to the point my wife is getting annoyed LOL

JmarkH

So, Warrior, you said, "I feel good but have high estradiol- Should I treat?"
I say why not. Treat yourself to a Hallmark movie and a good cry. Or, have sex with the wife and cuddle.

Systemlord

it’s still well known in the medical community elevated serum estradiol is associated with increased cases of breast cancer.
Inflammation and increased body fat is was contributes to increased risk of breast cancer.

Increases in body fat creates more aromatase and therefore higher estrogen.

The estrogen is the smoke, not the fire.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
it’s still well known in the medical community elevated serum estradiol is associated with increased cases of breast cancer.
This is debatable. This was a conclusion of the WHI study which has been debunked several times. Read this book, it's amazingly well written:

"For years, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) was hailed as a miracle. Study after study showed that HRT, if initiated at the onset of menopause, could ease symptoms ranging from hot flashes to memory loss; reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer's, osteoporosis, and some cancers; and even extend a woman's overall life expectancy. But when a large study by the Women's Health Initiative announced results showing an uptick in breast cancer among women taking HRT, the winds shifted abruptly, and HRT, officially deemed a carcinogen, was abandoned.

Now, sixteen years after HRT was left for dead, Dr. Bluming, a medical oncologist, and Dr. Tavris, a social psychologist, track its strange history and present a compelling case for its resurrection. They investigate what led the public -- and much of the medical establishment -- to accept the Women's Health Initiative's often exaggerated claims, while also providing a fuller picture of the science that supports HRT.

A sobering and revelatory read, Estrogen Matters sets the record straight on this beneficial treatment and provides an empowering path to wellness for women everywhere."

Jed Dorsey

This is debatable. This was a conclusion of the WHI study which has been debunked several times. Read this book, it's amazingly well written:

"For years, hormone replacement therapy (HRT) was hailed as a miracle. Study after study showed that HRT, if initiated at the onset of menopause, could ease symptoms ranging from hot flashes to memory loss; reduce the risk of heart disease, Alzheimer's, osteoporosis, and some cancers; and even extend a woman's overall life expectancy. But when a large study by the Women's Health Initiative announced results showing an uptick in breast cancer among women taking HRT, the winds shifted abruptly, and HRT, officially deemed a carcinogen, was abandoned.

Now, sixteen years after HRT was left for dead, Dr. Bluming, a medical oncologist, and Dr. Tavris, a social psychologist, track its strange history and present a compelling case for its resurrection. They investigate what led the public -- and much of the medical establishment -- to accept the Women's Health Initiative's often exaggerated claims, while also providing a fuller picture of the science that supports HRT.

A sobering and revelatory read, Estrogen Matters sets the record straight on this beneficial treatment and provides an empowering path to wellness for women everywhere."

Thanks but the link didn’t work for me. Please verify

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching