I’ve had labs done 3 times the last few weeks. Any help/advice on what to do next?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jpo1189

Hello all,

Over the last few weeks, I’ve had 3 blood tests done. I’ve been concerned my T was low. I’ve had many of the symptoms the last few years. Anxiety, depression, zero libido, weak erections, brain fog, and lack of energy. Basically, I have felt like a shell of myself. It’s almost like I feel disconnected from what is going on. I’ve been going to therapy for two years to try to help. There have been some positive steps, but not as much as I’d like. I only became concerned about my T levels, when a friend suggested a blood test when I was venting to him about my issues.
Just a quick background on me. I’m a 31 y/o male. 6’2”, 195 lbs. I eat very healthy and exercise 5 days a week. I’m a firefighter with overnight shifts, which doesn’t allow for the best sleep schedule at times. I did a 6 month round of Accutane for acne in 2018.
(Just want to include any info that may be important.)
Here are the results:
https://imgur.com/a/OiIgwl6

The first test was done in December 2019. I went to my PCP and she had the test done. Upon seeing the results, she stated my testosterone was in the healthy range but on the lower side. So she referred me to an endocrinologist.
The second test was done in mid-February of this year. This one was ordered by my endocrinologist. She stated my levels are in the range, and that my symptoms are most likely psychological.
The third test was done last week, and ordered by Defy Medical. I reached out to them after being so frustrated by my endo. I have a consultation with them next week. I know their doctor will go over the results with me, but I was curious if anybody in this thread had any opinions/advice about my numbers, and whether TRT is something I need. I’m new to this world and some of the side effects make me nervous, such as fertility, hair loss and acne. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

She stated my levels are in the range, and that my symptoms are most likely psychological.

It seems a large portion of mainstream medicine has a long way to go regarding normal testosterone levels and treatment of men on TRT, the docs that should be experts in this field are often operating in the dark.

I have gone through many endo's and all of them don't seem qualified enough to be diagnosing and treating men on TRT and are just blindly following guidelines without having any sort of clue what they are doing and in fact my current endo wants to keep me <400 ng/dL.

If you are prone to hair loss it will happen regardless if you are on TRT, TRT can accelerate it. I have more hair on TRT, not less. The fertility aspect can be dealt with using HCG, FSH or clomid.

she stated my testosterone was in the healthy range

Interesting, I wonder how your doc knows these levels are healthy for you, there are in the normal range, but healthy is a matter of debate. The calculated Free T may not be an accurate representation of "your" Free T levels.

It assumes everyone binds androgens the same.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's unequivocal that you're hypogonadal. Raising vitamin D may help a little, but your testosterone is more typical for someone in his 80s, not 30s; a 10-20% improvement isn't going to get you where you need to be. You'll be in good hands with Defy. They will likely offer various treatment options. Given your age, enclomiphene might be a good starting point.

Rock H. Johnson

I wrecked myself by skipping nighttime sleep especially between 4-8am. Because of my work I tried polyphasic sleep etc but it only destroyed my adrenals/endocrine system. For cardiovascular and endocrine health it is important to go to sleep at the same time every day and about the same length of time. Seeing your profession this will not happen. So probably you will need to synthetically help the numbers....welcome

jpo1189

It seems a large portion of mainstream medicine has a long way to go regarding normal testosterone levels and treatment of men on TRT, the docs that should be experts in this field are often operating in the dark.

I have gone through many endo's and all of them don't seem qualified enough to be diagnosing and treating men on TRT and are just blindly following guidelines without having any sort of clue what they are doing and in fact my current endo wants to keep me <400 ng/dL.

If you are prone to hair loss it will happen regardless if you are on TRT, TRT can accelerate it. I have more hair on TRT, not less. The fertility aspect can be dealt with using HCG, FSH or clomid.

Interesting, I wonder how your doc knows these levels are healthy for you, there are in the normal range, but healthy is a matter of debate. The calculated Free T may not be an accurate representation of "your" Free T levels.

It assumes everyone binds androgen the same.
Thanks so much for the information.

jpo1189

I wrecked myself by skipping nighttime sleep especially between 4-8am. Because of my work I tried polyphasic sleep etc but it only destroyed my adrenals/endocrine system. For cardiovascular and endocrine health it is important to go to sleep at the same time every day and about the same length of time. Seeing your profession this will not happen. So probably you will need to synthetically help the numbers....welcome
Thank you for the help

jpo1189

It's unequivocal that you're hypogonadal. Raising vitamin D may help a little, but your testosterone is more typical for someone in his 80s, not 30s; a 10-20% improvement isn't going to get you where you need to be. You'll be in good hands with Defy. They will likely offer various treatment options. Given your age, enclomiphene might be a good starting point.
Thanks so much. Enclomiphene sounds like it would be good to start. I am not opposed to TRT by any means, but I’d like to try other options first. You’ve helped so much thank you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me