Hypothyroidism??

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nocalves

I know it is late question.. Week ago I jumped on 25mcg of levothyroxine because of some sides…
I am on trt for few years and have really low SHBG - 8,8 so most of those sides could be because of bad protocol.
Anyway sides are - hair loss, low sexdrive + ED, bad mood, tiredness, and morning body temperature 95,54-96,26 and pre levothyroxine blood panel was like this:

TSH - 2,7 mlU/l 0,2-4,3
Ft4 - 10,53 pmol/l 12-23
Ft3 - 4,32 pmol/l 3,2-7
Feritin - 9,11 µg/l 22-322
Iron - 4,3 µmol/l 11,6 – 30,4

you can see low iron, it is probably because of my back surgery 4 months ago, Anyway my TSH ft4/ft3 was quite the same before surgery.

after week
TSH- 1,63
FT4- 11,8
FT3- 4,39
Iron - 22 - this improvement wasn’t in that week, I am on iron supplement for few weeks, but I can say if I take more iron, I feel sides aswell - ED, constipation

Body temperature is the same….

Did I make good solution with levothyroxine?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Using only T4 (levothyroxine) and not using any t3. It may be giving you high levels of reverse t3?
I would consider having a complete thyroid panel, along with the reverse t3.

Nocalves

Using only T4 (levothyroxine) and not using any t3. It may be giving you high levels of reverse t3?
I would consider having a complete thyroid panel, along with the reverse t3.
Thank you, I will check reverse t3 also. since I add 8days ago levothyroxine and progesterone (which I remove after 4 days) my ED got worse, could it be becouse of levo?

Vince

Super Moderator
Thank you, I will check reverse t3 also. since I add 8days ago levothyroxine and progesterone (which I remove after 4 days) my ED got worse, could it be becouse of levo?
Personally I think giving a patient just T4, it's a recipe for disaster.

Vince

Super Moderator
If you take a look on my pre levothyroxine bloodwork and my body temperature, do you thing I have hypothyroidism or subclinical hypothyroidism?
You may have thyroid issues because of surgery, is your thyroid slowing down your body. For recovery?

Why is your iron low? Is it from donating blood or another reason?

Nocalves

You may have thyroid issues because of surgery, is your thyroid slowing down your body. For recovery?

Why is your iron low? Is it from donating blood or another reason?
This thyroid levels was similar before surgery… I used to donate blood a lot but I stoped becouse of low iron level.. But during surgery (4months ago) I lost a lot of blood…
Now my iron level is back thanks to supplementation.

About recovery- you know what, last 2 years I really suffer from bad mood, low energy, low libido, ED ect, but it could be because of bad trt protocol (shbg 8,8) I also suffer from very low estrogen even if I was on 250mg test/w, so I had to solve it with estrogen pills… So I cant say if thyroid slows my body, but definitely I am not OK..

Vince

Super Moderator
This thyroid levels was similar before surgery… I used to donate blood a lot but I stoped becouse of low iron level.. But during surgery (4months ago) I lost a lot of blood…
Now my iron level is back thanks to supplementation.

About recovery- you know what, last 2 years I really suffer from bad mood, low energy, low libido, ED ect, but it could be because of bad trt protocol (shbg 8,8) I also suffer from very low estrogen even if I was on 250mg test/w, so I had to solve it with estrogen pills… So I cant say if thyroid slows my body, but definitely I am not OK..
It would be nice to know how you feel if you got a decent thyroid protocol. I definitely think you should have a complete thyroid panel TSH, free t4, free t3, reverse t3 and both antibodies.

When my first wife was on levothyroxine only protocol, she never felt good.

JimGainz

FWIW I was started on Armor thyroid which had both T3 and t4. I felt like garbage and my Ft3 barely moved but my reverse t3 was off the charts, around 30. This proved that I was not converting. I switched to liothyronine (t3 only) and felt better immediately.

Fortunate

FWIW I was started on Armor thyroid which had both T3 and t4. I felt like garbage and my Ft3 barely moved but my reverse t3 was off the charts, around 30. This proved that I was not converting. I switched to liothyronine (t3 only) and felt better immediately.
Cytomel or sustained release?

Fortunate

Regular generic cytomel. Not sustained release.
I have briefly tried both. Not long enough to draw any conclusions. Considering trying again. Are you on cytomel because you prefer it, or have you not been on sustained release? I am going to wake this thread back up to see if I can get a little more feedback.

Appreciate your getting back to me.

JimGainz

I have briefly tried both. Not long enough to draw any conclusions. Considering trying again. Are you on cytomel because you prefer it, or have you not been on sustained release? I am going to wake this thread back up to see if I can get a little more feedback.

Appreciate your getting back to me.
I never tried extended release. I was considering it, but when I was titrating my regular cytomel dose I was taking too much at once at it really messed with me (anxiety, palpitations, etc.) until I got it under control. I take 5 MCGs 4x per day starting at 5 am when I wake up, every 2-3 hours or so. I know some people who just pop a regular 25mcg pill once per day - I think I would jump off a bridge before doing that. The advantage of the sustained release, of course, is that you can pop one and it gives you a slower ramp-up - ramp down of dose. Given that taking 10 mcgs of regular cytomel give me anxiety - I did not want to mess around with taking any large dose at once (even if it's extended-release) so I just take multiple smaller doses throughout the day.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me