Hypothyroid Symptoms (Bloods Included)

Buy Lab Tests Online
Symptoms:

Cold hands and feet, low oral body temps (35.8 - 36.2°C), thinning hair and eyebrows, constipation, brain fog, memory issues and no energy (workouts feel like they're fuelled on adrenaline). Here's a photo of my thinning eyebrows.

Bloods:

9-MAY-2017
TSH 3.01 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 5.2 pmol/L (Range: 3.5 - 7.7)
Free Thyroxine 12.7 pmol/l (Range: 12 - 22)

3-AUG-2018
TSH 2.6 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 5.83 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 15.500 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)

16-JAN-2019
TSH 2.53 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 5.16 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 14.200 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)

8-MAR-2019
TSH 2.07 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 6.09 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 14.600 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)

1-MAY-2019
TSH 1.91 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 5.68 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 16.400 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)

8-JUL-2019
TSH 3.48 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free T3 6.32 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)
Free Thyroxine 13.700 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)
Reverse T3 11 ng/dL (Range: 10 - 24)
FT3 : rT3 37.41 Ratio (Range: > 15)

In the presence of my symptoms, do those bloods suggest a thyroid issue? I have no idea what to do. I should also note, I was on TRT when all of those bloods were taken apart from the last set. I'm currently in the process of coming off TRT, as after three years I still never felt I was getting any benefit. Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Your free T3 is in the upper three-quarters of range and your reverse T3 is under 15. Your TSH is somewhat high. It doesn't look like you have hypothyroidism, at least to me. Hopefully others will chime.

Your free T3 is in the upper three-quarters of range and your reverse T3 is under 15. Your TSH is somewhat high. It doesn't look like you have hypothyroidism, at least to me. Hopefully others will chime.

Thanks for the input, Vince. I agree that my bloods don't scream hypothyroid, but there doesn't seem to be any other condition which could explain my symptoms. Hopefully others will weigh in too.

Systemlord

Thyroid labs can only show so much of what going on, there's medical literature of people with normal thyroid labs benefiting from thyroid medicine, it's thought there is resistance at the receptor level for which there is no test.

You have nothing to lose by a trial of thyroid medicine. I would like to see other labs testing including an iron panel, ferritin and cortisol. I struggled on TRT do to an undiagnosed iron, potassium and vitamin D deficiency.

Thyroid labs can only show so much of what going on, there 's medical literature of people with normal thyroid labs benefiting from thyroid medicine, it's thought there is resistance at the receptor level for which there is no test.

You have nothing to lose by a trail of thyroid medicine. I would like to see other labs testing including an iron panel, ferritin and cortisol.

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.

I'll get all of the bloods you suggested ran within the fortnight, I'll update the thread once I have them. As far as medication, what approach would you recommend taking? Should I take t3 only, or would a t3/4 combination be better? I'm still new to thyroid issues, so I'll be trying to educate myself in the coming weeks.

Systemlord

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it.

I'll get all of the bloods you suggested ran within the fortnight, I'll update the thread once I have them. As far as medication, what approach would you recommend taking? Should I take t3 only, or would a t3/4 combination be better? I'm still new to thyroid issues, so I'll be trying to educate myself in the coming weeks.

You're welcome.

Probably T3+T4, T3 only is for those with elevated Reverse T3. I was suffering an iron deficiency and when iron was low, feet were cold, body temps were low and energy was also low. Supplementing iron improve a lot of those area even with Total T at 97 ng/dL as of yesterday!

Thyroid Blood Tests to Diagnose a Thyroid or Hormone Imbalance

Tired Thyroid

Probably T3+T4, T3 only is for those with elevated Reverse T3. I'm suffering an iron deficiency and when iron was low, feet were cold, body temps were low and energy was also low. Supplementing iron improve a lot of those area even with Total T at 97 ng/dL as of yesterday!

Interesting, I'll definitely have a complete iron panel ran before I pursue initiating thyroid medication.

Do you know what the cause of your iron deficiency was? I'm happy to hear supplementation helped some of your issues. Are you planning on restarting TRT anytime soon?

Systemlord

Do you know what the cause of your iron deficiency was?

I believe it's either poor diet or gut issues or something to that effect. Iron deficiency runs in the family, mother has iron deficiency, she also had colon cancer.

I am planing of restarting TRT soon, once I get iron, potassium and vitamin D stabilized. Struggling to get iron to sit still in a range I feel good in, somewhere between 60-90 for iron as well as ferritin. Yesterday iron was 118, ferritin 101 and is too high, I am experiencing iron excess symptoms as of right now, lowered iron and feeling a little better.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me