Hypoadrenalism, Insulin resistance and Muscle wasting

Buy Lab Tests Online

madhacker

I'm looking for information on treating hypoadrenalism, insulin resistance and muscle wasting concurrently. From one study it shows that the combination treatment of hydrocortisone and norandronolone-19-phenylpropionate, anti-catabolic effects were almost abolished (1). Moreover, I read in a study, which I can't find at the moment that the combination of nandrolone and hydrocortisone increased risk of edema. One would assume that the combination would greatly increase the risk of hypertension.

Most Anabolic steroids have to many potential side effects and could be counterproductive when trying to treat insulin resistance, with the exception of Nandrolone which improves my blood perimeters and insulin resistance (2) but with the drawback of increasing blood pressure. Even the injectable steroid Metenolone Enanthate should theoretically decrease insulin sensitivity as it's 1-Methyl-4,5α-dihydrotestosterone 17β-heptanoate.

I understand that Metformin decreases insulin resistance but I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks. Meformin inhibits complex I of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. The consequences of this action is a loss of ATP production, increases in ATP and AMP which further activates AMP kinase. These actions don’t appear to cause mitochondrial toxicity but more research is needed. Meformin inhibits mitochondrial adaptations to aerobic exercise. (3)

Ostarine (MK2866) has shown to be just as effective as metformin in treating diabetes, in preliminary studies. It's also shown to prevent muscle catabolism.

11BHSD1 & 11BHSD2 inhibitors: Adrenosterone and androstenedione have shown to be potent inhibitors of 11BHSD1 (Adrenosterone) & 11BHSD2 (Androstenedione) of cortisol. In psychological doses they may improve insulin resistance. I say "psychological" because there is concern that pharmacological doses effect HPA function.

I'm hoping Nelson and others are able to contribute to this interesting topic.

Thank you for your attention!

1) Effect of cortisone and an anabolic steroid upon plasma hydroxyproline during fracture healing in rabbits. - PubMed - NCBI
2) Nandrolone, a 19-nortestosterone, enhances insulin-independent glucose uptake in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI
3) Metformin inhibits mitochondrial adaptations to aerobic exercise training in older adults. - PubMed - NCBI
4)

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

apsjiml

I'm looking for information on treating hypoadrenalism, insulin resistance and muscle wasting concurrently. From one study it shows that the combination treatment of hydrocortisone and norandronolone-19-phenylpropionate, anti-catabolic effects were almost abolished (1). Moreover, I read in a study, which I can't find at the moment that the combination of nandrolone and hydrocortisone increased risk of edema. One would assume that the combination would greatly increase the risk of hypertension.

Most Anabolic steroids have to many potential side effects and could be counterproductive when trying to treat insulin resistance, with the exception of Nandrolone which improves my blood perimeters and insulin resistance (2) but with the drawback of increasing blood pressure. Even the injectable steroid Metenolone Enanthate should theoretically decrease insulin sensitivity as it's 1-Methyl-4,5α-dihydrotestosterone 17β-heptanoate.

I understand that Metformin decreases insulin resistance but I don't think the benefits outweigh the risks. Meformin inhibits complex I of the mitochondrial respiratory chain. The consequences of this action is a loss of ATP production, increases in ATP and AMP which further activates AMP kinase. These actions don’t appear to cause mitochondrial toxicity but more research is needed. Meformin inhibits mitochondrial adaptations to aerobic exercise. (3)

Ostarine (MK2866) has shown to be just as effective as metformin in treating diabetes, in preliminary studies. It's also shown to prevent muscle catabolism.

11BHSD1 & 11BHSD2 inhibitors: Adrenosterone and androstenedione have shown to be potent inhibitors of 11BHSD1 (Adrenosterone) & 11BHSD2 (Androstenedione) of cortisol. In psychological doses they may improve insulin resistance. I say "psychological" because there is concern that pharmacological doses effect HPA function.

I'm hoping Nelson and others are able to contribute to this interesting topic.

Thank you for your attention!

1) Effect of cortisone and an anabolic steroid upon plasma hydroxyproline during fracture healing in rabbits. - PubMed - NCBI
2) Nandrolone, a 19-nortestosterone, enhances insulin-independent glucose uptake in normal men. - PubMed - NCBI
3) Metformin inhibits mitochondrial adaptations to aerobic exercise training in older adults. - PubMed - NCBI
4)

Adrenal insufficiency causes muscle wasting because of Myostatin levels. Not sure if you have primary adrenal insufficiency or secondary , however, low growth hormone , low testosterone, that causes insulin resistance as does low thyroid. People with Pituitary issue should check Reverse t3 and free t3 levels as much of Deiodinase activity takes place in the pituitary. That leads to Insulin Resistance. Not sure if you were looking those answers or not. Here is the one study on Adrenal insufficiency. Long term adrenal insufficiency induces skeletal muscle atrophy and increases the serum levels of active form myostatin in rat serum. - PubMed - NCBI

Gianluca

Adrenal insufficiency causes muscle wasting because of Myostatin levels. Not sure if you have primary adrenal insufficiency or secondary , however, low growth hormone , low testosterone, that causes insulin resistance as does low thyroid. People with Pituitary issue should check Reverse t3 and free t3 levels as much of Deiodinase activity takes place in the pituitary. That leads to Insulin Resistance. Not sure if you were looking those answers or not. Here is the one study on Adrenal insufficiency. Long term adrenal insufficiency induces skeletal muscle atrophy and increases the serum levels of active form myostatin in rat serum. - PubMed - NCBI
interesting, thanks for posting. Even because, to my understading we need cortisol to replenish muscle glycogen storage

Mastodont

This is something to consider regarding metformin, one would think taking only 500mg at night would not have such detrimental effects.

Also there was a study saying keto would be better for insulin management, whereas low fat plant based diet worked better for weight loss in non-diabetic people. I am prediabetic, considering which way to go in terms of diet.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me