Hydrocodone and Male Libido

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had an increase in libido and erectile quality while taking hydrocodone?
My recent experience with hydrocodone for two weeks has been odd.
I wake up and pee go back to bed to wake up with raging hardon and horny.
Reviewing articles suggests that women generally get hornier while using this drug. My wife is an example of that. When she takes it she's very horny but cannot come.
I am not suggesting that this drug is used regularly for this as I know full well the problems it can cause.
My use of it is over as I am looking for something else to manage my shingles neuralgia.
But my question is if hydrocodone can change my chemistry to lead to an increase in libido then what other meds in comparison can do this?
Obviously it's a brain thing?

Thanks.
S.J.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has had an increase in libido and erectile quality while taking hydrocodone?
My recent experience with hydrocodone for two weeks has been odd.
I wake up and pee go back to bed to wake up with raging hardon and horny.
Reviewing articles suggests that women generally get hornier while using this drug. My wife is an example of that. When she takes it she's very horny but cannot come.
I am not suggesting that this drug is used regularly for this as I know full well the problems it can cause.
My use of it is over as I am looking for something else to manage my shingles neuralgia.
But my question is if hydrocodone can change my chemistry to lead to an increase in libido then what other meds in comparison can do this?
Obviously it's a brain thing?

Thanks.
S.J.
I strongly recommend staying off hydrocodone. After 2 to 3 days of use, you start to become physically dependent. I would look at things like Lyrica, gabapentin or amitriptyline to manage your neuropathic pain.

Meanwhile, over the course of time, opioids will reduce your testosterone levels and you will end up in a much worse place than where you started, likely affecting your libido in a negative way.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
What @Fortunate said.

I had the same experience. Hydrocodone increases my libido. But I would never take it more than a few days since it has a high degree of dependency. It is an opiate and will eventually backfire by decreasing your testosterone and even affecting your mood and libido. Be careful.

Smokin Joe

10-4 got it .
Today is day 2 of no hydrocodone.
I think I'm good though it is bothering me a bit.
As far as Gabapentin goes it was not a going experience.
At 700 milligrams I was very dizzy and had no appetite.
The other side was erectile dysfunction almost immediately.
I have since read that after only 300 milligrams it can shut a man down.
It wasn't helping my pain at all.
I would love to try Wellbutrin to see how that would work but I have to persuade my GP.
Anyway thanks for the replies!

Smokin Joe

No I haven't tried that.
Just 800mg motrine, gabapentin and hydrocodone.
The hydrocodone would take the edge off but only for a short time.
I'll ck out diclofinac.

Dicky

I have never heard of this. Can you describe what the pain is like? All over your body or just where the shingles sore was? Do you get it all the time or just certain times of the day? How long did your shingles case last? I'm guessing the pain must be pretty severe if you were taking hydrocodone for it.

I was lucky with my shingles. It lasted for about a month, which sucked, but once it went away, I didn't have any lingering symptoms.

Smokin Joe

My initial symptoms were stabbing shooting pain in the lower right abdominal area.
Sometimes the pain was in the kidney area.
First ER visit was null and void after ct scan. 4 days later ER again as the pain was excruciating. Contrast CT again yielded not. But when the Dr looked me over a small patch of rash had become visible on my left kidney area. He immediately said shingles.
In the days to come it developed into a 10" wide band from my back to my belly button.
It looked like someone had used a torch on my skin.
This lasted 4 weeks and the rash diminished but the pain changed course and became almost unbearable.
Tomorrow is 8 weeks of this with little sleep or any real productivity.
Today my Dr prescribed Cymbalta , another opiate pain killer and capsaicin.
We are hoping to at least get me some consistent relief.
Officially the Dr's don't recognize Postherpetic Neuralgia until after 12 weeks have passed but it's quite evident that this is what I have.
We can only hope that time and prayer will rid me of this mess.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!

Smokin Joe

7 weeks ago which was day 5 of the onset.

Attachments

• IMG_20220803_161609.jpg
    IMG_20220803_161609.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 22

Dicky

My initial symptoms were stabbing shooting pain in the lower right abdominal area.
Sometimes the pain was in the kidney area.
First ER visit was null and void after ct scan. 4 days later ER again as the pain was excruciating. Contrast CT again yielded not. But when the Dr looked me over a small patch of rash had become visible on my left kidney area. He immediately said shingles.
In the days to come it developed into a 10" wide band from my back to my belly button.
It looked like someone had used a torch on my skin.
This lasted 4 weeks and the rash diminished but the pain changed course and became almost unbearable.
Tomorrow is 8 weeks of this with little sleep or any real productivity.
Today my Dr prescribed Cymbalta , another opiate pain killer and capsaicin.
We are hoping to at least get me some consistent relief.
Officially the Dr's don't recognize Postherpetic Neuralgia until after 12 weeks have passed but it's quite evident that this is what I have.
We can only hope that time and prayer will rid me of this mess.
I wouldn't wish this on anyone!!
OUCH!!! Hope you get some relief soon. I had a pretty mild case as far as shingles goes and it was not something I would like to repeat. Your case is WAY worse than mine.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It is tough to get a shingles diagnosis before the skin breakout. I was on crutches and had x-rays before my GP finally spotted the initial blisters on my foot and figured it out. It was miserably painful, but once I got on the antiviral medication things improved rapidly. Hope you can get that neuralgia under control.

Dicky

Dicky
Just curious if you were ever vaccinated for shingles ?
I did last year so this is surprising....
I got the shingles before I was vaxxed. This was back in 1980-something when I was in my twenties. I got vaxxed a few years ago and haven't had a recurrence

BigTex

I have had shingles 3 times in my life. I take famciclovir which is an anti-viral. Shortens the time you have to suffer greatly. Also take Gabapentin and ibuprofen for the pain. Yes, it hurts like crap.

andrewBwinter

Dicky
Just curious if you were ever vaccinated for shingles ?
I did last year so this is surprising....
My wife and I both got the Shingrix vaccine for shingles. Her brother in-law had an outbreak in his throat. I can sympathize because I had the chicken pox very bad around the age of 15 and they were everywhere, including my throat. Left me scarred pretty badly. I wouldn't wish shingles on anyone. "Terry Bradshaw knows shingles"

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me