HRT Over 60

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

My lovely wife is 61 and obviously Post menopausal.
She is experiencing muscle and joint aches all over and it is very painful
to her. She is cold much of the time.
Recently she had a Nuclear Bone Scan to rule out Osteopenia and or Osteoarthritis.
Test came back negative. Blood work by her Doctor came back normal though
I do not know yet what was ordered.
I have ordered a Thyroid Panel for her today and will post for opinions when the results come back.

There is much talk about the safety of HRT in women after 60 and I am asking for some advice.
It appears that younger women with higher Estrogen could be at risk for Breast Cancer and Menopausal women with lower Estrogen are at risk for a significant cardiac event at some point. At least this is what I read in some forums.
Can anyone shed some lite on HRT in women after 60 successfully as I suspect that this could be the case.
She has recently lost 30lbs on Keto and is very active to include sexually.
I hate to see her go through this if there is some relief available.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My sisters are tired all the time, wrists hurt, joint ache and have been experiencing hot flashes for 20 years and they all have low estrogen. Their energy levels are crap and wouldn't be surprised if there are cardiovascular problems.

Women are also at risk for dementia and alzheimer's disease with lower estrogen, the brain of women starts to change in menopause when the brain is deprived of estrogen.

Womens HRT is more challenging than men on TRT, that's why you need to most skilled doctors to figure things out, because your wife will need to take the medicine/cream at the appropriate time of day to match her previous or current rhythmic cycles because you can't just wipe on the cream and hope for the best.

Blood work by her Doctor came back normal though

Normal blood work, if you say so and trust that your doctor is up to date on current research, but more often than not I see these doctors don't really have a clue about normal status and only care about the numbers.

I would like to know when the doctor tested your wife's levels, in the end or beginning of her cycle? Your doctor more than likely doesn't have a clue what he's doing, a womens levels change depending where she is in here cycle.

Sick care doesn't optimize health, they treat disease and menopause is a normal part of aging, you need an anti-aging clinic that specializes in replacing hormones. In this day and age "within normal range" is used to deny medical treatment, doctors don't treat the symptoms anymore, you went through your insurance network didn't you?

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

Thanks for the reply.
Actually you are correct about the doctor. They did everything but her hormone levels and will not approach that area at all.
That is why I am pressing forward with the blood work starting with Thyroid followed by the Female Hormone Panel.
My main concern is the Safety in HRT for women.
As you stated their treatment is much more challenging than men for sure.
I do not want to see her wither in pain when she is still so very active at 61and has much living to do God willing.
I will post results for thyroid as she had the BW done today and again appreciate your response.
Joe

Systemlord

My main concern is the Safety in HRT for women.

My sisters tried HRT, but I think too much time passed and their bodies changed so that when the hormones were introduced, their bodies didn't respond to it well. I've heard some doctors on YouTube mention that HRT should begin before menopause because if alzheimer's is in her genes, menopause starts the process down that road.

I've also heard doctors state HRT should begin immediately if menopausal symptoms are experienced before too many changes happens, women who start HRT right away usually do better than those who wait too long.

Our site sponsor Defy Medical specializes in men and women hormonal therapies.

Women are especially sensitive to elevated TSH versus men.

I will post results for thyroid as she had the BW done today and again appreciate your response.
Joe

No problem, glad I could help.

There is research pointing to a reduced Alzheimer's risk in women who are given estrogen early in menopause because the hormone seems to slow down the accumulation of amyloid.

Last edited:

Smokin Joe

At 61 my wife is 8 years postmenopausal and so that may be to late but we'll explore it for sure.
I have started her on 25mg Pregnenalone and 25 mg DHEA for a start to see if this helps while we work through he Blood work process.
What a shame I think for the differences in male-female HRT as it seems that time is of the essence when considering female HRT.
I appreciate everyone's input.

Golfboy307

My wife started HRT at 51 as she was going through menopause. She goes to my Body Logic doctor that treats both men and women. Yes, it can be a pain sometimes (E cream, progesterone pill and a T pellet), but the results have been good for her. Dropped 15 pounds of water weight from coming off the Pill, and is extremely fit. Sex drive improved, but that wasn't much of an issue for her. She was all about weight and energy, both of which improved. She looks like she is 35. Funny we go into HRT seeking different things: I was all about improving erections and libido.

I agree with the previous poster: I think the improvements are probably more limited the longer a woman has been post menopause and low on E.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Joe, HRT with women is definitely achievable, it's just a bit more methodical to address & administer.

With the lack-of progesterone, estrogen tends to be dominant, and that's one of the KEY areas of imbalance. Estrogen dominance takes a toll in many areas, especially with the adrenals, and that will carry over into the thyroid. It's not uncommon to see post menopausal women with FT4 & FT3 levels in the 5% range of labs, but thyroid treatment alone can be counterproductive without addressing the other imbalances.

If you have any labs please post? The labs are pretty similar, but should have E1, E2, & E3, & progesterone.

Smokin Joe

Chris-Golfboy307
Thanks for the reply.
I am waiting for her Thyroid panel to come in-should be anytime.
I will post.
She is about 8 years post but in good health. 115 lbs and holding on Keto.
I think that she would benefit on HRT due to her good health outside of being in so much joint and muscle pain.
Will pursue as soon as thyroid comes in.
Will keep you p posted.

52hoosier

My wife is in her mid-60's and has been on TRT through Defy for a couple of years. She has responded well and feels a MAJOR improvement in her overall well-being. She thought she was fine until she started TRT. Now she realizes how bad off she actually was.

Smokin Joe

52hoosier
Hey thanks for the encouraging reply.
I that this will be the case for her as well.
We will definitely use Defy.
Did it take your wife long to dial in and were there numerous changes in her protocol?

SkyWarn

She is experiencing muscle and joint aches all over and it is very painful
to her. She is cold much of the time.
Recently she had a Nuclear Bone Scan to rule out Osteopenia and or Osteoarthritis.
Test came back negative. Blood work by her Doctor came back normal though
I do not know yet what was ordered.
I have ordered a Thyroid Panel for her today and will post for opinions when the results come back.

There is much talk about the safety of HRT in women after 60 and I am asking for some advice.
It appears that younger women with higher Estrogen could be at risk for Breast Cancer and Menopausal women with lower Estrogen are at risk for a significant cardiac event at some point. At least this is what I read in some forums.
Can anyone shed some lite on HRT in women after 60 successfully as I suspect that this could be the case.
She has recently lost 30lbs on Keto and is very active to include sexually.
I hate to see her go through this if there is some relief available.

My wife is 65 and started HRT (E cream, progesterone pill and a T injections) 6 months ago with Defy. She is 1000% better and sex drive has returned. I highly recommend them.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
My wife is 65 and started HRT (E cream, progesterone pill and a T injections) 6 months ago with Defy. She is 1000% better and sex drive has returned. I highly recommend them.
Would you be willing to share doses and resulting serum levels? I'm wondering if dosing response is similar to guys.

Gman86

Do you mind sharing who she is seeing at Defy? I have a girl I work with that I’m recommending go with Defy. Would love for her to use the same doctor your wife is seeing.

SkyWarn

Do you mind sharing who she is seeing at Defy? I have a girl I work with that I’m recommending go with Defy. Would love for her to use the same doctor your wife is seeing.
She's seeing one of the PA's. A male and his name slips me. But it really doesn't matter, they all follow the same protocols.

SkyWarn

Would you be willing to share doses and resulting serum levels? I'm wondering if dosing response is similar to guys.
Test Cyp 10mg weekly (5mg 2 X a week).
Estradiol 2 clicks topi-click nightly. Sorry I don't know the strength.
And Progesterone 50mg once a day.
Her total T is around 140 so just a little over the reference range.
Estradiol is in the normal range for a pre-menopausal female.

Gman86

She's seeing one of the PA's. A male and his name slips me. But it really doesn't matter, they all follow the same protocols.

Awesome thank you. Ya you’re probably right. I’ll have her schedule with Dr. Saya initially, and then have her book with a PA for her follow ups to save her a little money.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me