HPTA recovery log

Buy Lab Tests Online

Checkdis

Has anyone ever recovered from testosterone abuse or long term testosterone therapy (can it cause permanent damage)?? If so, I would like to hear your story and how long it took you to recover your HPTA... There may be a topic out there already, but I figured I ask again. I know there are a lot of factors, but everyone varies so I would be interested in the different stories.

For me i’m 29 turning 30, abused steroids during my youth. Tried TRT, but was not liking it so I tried a restart using HCG & Clomid, then Clomid to absolutely nothing, and my levels are 150-200. I do not mind waiting and can deal with side effects.

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Has anyone ever recovered from testosterone abuse or long term testosterone therapy (can it cause permanent damage)?? If so, I would like to hear your story and how long it took you to recover your HPTA... There may be a topic out there already, but I figured I ask again. I know there are a lot of factors, but everyone varies so I would be interested in the different stories.

For me i’m 29 turning 30, abused steroids during my youth. Tried TRT, but was not liking it so I tried a restart using HCG & Clomid, then Clomid to absolutely nothing, and my levels are 150-200. I do not mind waiting and can deal with side effects.
I would say thats going to be the best you can do. Dont let it get much lower that's when the real horrible side effects start. For close to 8 years I would have hot flashes and sweat like I was about to die after like 65°.out of control blood preasure that Drs warned would cause a stroke. Took 3 Meds to bring it down. Got on TRT 3 months ago and have been weaning off my meds and still feeling great and BP staying good.

Checkdis

I would say thats going to be the best you can do. Dont let it get much lower that's when the real horrible side effects start. For close to 8 years I would have hot flashes and sweat like I was about to die after like 65°.out of control blood preasure that Drs warned would cause a stroke. Took 3 Meds to bring it down. Got on TRT 3 months ago and have been weaning off my meds and still feeling great and BP staying good.

My sides are not terrible, I am just curious if anyone has recovered to almost optimal levels?

The Terminator

I know someone that was on aas for several years, he finally decided to go off: can’t remember if he did a pct, I’m sure he did. He felt like shit but after about a year he started to feel better and recovered eventually. I wouldn’t give up hope if it’s only been a couple months.

Guided_by_Voices

You might try low dose clomid (12.5 every other day) for a while (as in a few months at least). My theory is that things in the body that are allowed to atrophy (such as muscles) need stimulation to return to their previous levels. My theory may be wrong and some people (but not all) seem to return to normal levels eventually, but it seems low risk to try some gentle stimulation. Bloodwork might also offer clues but it seems like low dose clomid would be the thing to try first.

madman

Super Moderator

Suppressed Testicular Function 'Mostly Reversible' After Steroid Abuse (2019)
But process can take upwards of 9 months

Suppressed Testicular Function 'Mostly Reversible' After Steroid Abuse

It took a mean 9 months from when the men in the study quit taking androgens for LH levels to return to normal, a mean 14.2 months for sperm output to return, and a mean 18.7 months for FSH levels to be restored, Narayana and colleagues reported.

madman

Super Moderator
Former Abusers of Anabolic Androgenic Steroids Exhibit Decreased Testosterone Levels and Hypogonadal Symptoms Years after Cessation: A Case-Control Study (2016)

Attachments

• APR28-AAS-RECOVERY-journal.pone.0161208.PDF
    716.6 KB · Views: 214

Checkdis

Wanted to give an update that I am still going strong without taking any meds. I am going to hold off until July to have a full panel of blood work taken. But I have been still struggling with lack of energy and brain fog lately still. Anxiety and urination come and go.

I haven’t touched anything since December 2018.

Last edited:

Bjjpapi

Wanted to give an update that I am still going strong without taking any meds. I am going to hold off until July to have a full panel of blood work taken. But I have been still struggling with lack of energy and brain fog lately still. Anxiety and urination come and go.

What do you mean by “anxiety and urination come and go”, specifically the urination part?

Bjjpapi

Thanks for the response. I only took the AI my doctor prescribed for my 1st week of TRT because it made me extremely sleepy and lethargic, my estradiol (I think non sensitive) was 37. After my first set of labs I started taking anastrozole again, my estradiol (sensitive) had gone up to 51.3.

After 1.5-2 weeks of taking anastrozole my urine stream has gone back to full force. I’m assuming high estradiol was messing a bit with my prostate.

Vvs1

What about a smaller dose of triptorelin? A PFS guy jumped his levels from 200 to 800. He still didn't recover until he cycled high quality tribulus-because a theory is that PFS guys have receptor density issues. So that last part may not relate to you.

Probiotics can increase LH and immune system. Immune system and endocrine systems work together. And wouldn't hurt to take antioxidants. Herbs you can try are Tongkat Ali, pine pollen and astragulus. May have spelt the last one wrong lol.

In my opinion HCG would be my main option to restore cells, although keeping the natural LH response may be a challenge.

Checkdis

Thanks for the response. I only took the AI my doctor prescribed for my 1st week of TRT because it made me extremely sleepy and lethargic, my estradiol (I think non sensitive) was 37. After my first set of labs I started taking anastrozole again, my estradiol (sensitive) had gone up to 51.3.

After 1.5-2 weeks of taking anastrozole my urine stream has gone back to full force. I’m assuming high estradiol was messing a bit with my prostate.

Low estrogen causes frequent urination. I believe estrogen plays a huge role in the bladder wall and strength. My issues came from suppressing estrogen so low for a long period of time. I do not advocate AI’s. Estrogen is very import in our HPTA. For men who are estrogen sensitive and experience signs of gyno and other symptoms, THEN would I dabble with the littlest of AI possible.

Last edited:

Checkdis

What about a smaller dose of triptorelin? A PFS guy jumped his levels from 200 to 800. He still didn't recover until he cycled high quality tribulus-because a theory is that PFS guys have receptor density issues. So that last part may not relate to you.

Probiotics can increase LH and immune system. Immune system and endocrine systems work together. And wouldn't hurt to take antioxidants. Herbs you can try are Tongkat Ali, pine pollen and astragulus. May have spelt the last one wrong lol.

In my opinion HCG would be my main option to restore cells, although keeping the natural LH response may be a challenge.

I agree with probiotics, I myself take apple cider vinegar and eat a lot of fermented foods. And we believe that suppressing my estrogen for so long may have trigger an autoimmune response (still investigating).

I was debating on taking GnRH but I was worried that this could permanently suppress my natural levels from my Hypothalamus to my pituitary GnRH levels. There are minimal studies of doctors jump starting using Triptorelin. I am not going to further hurt my body with a compound that could be overdosed and/or under-dosed. The labs which makes these you just don’t want to risk chemical castration lol.

When it comes to supplements for restart, I personally have been trying Vitamin D3 5000iu once a day, Zinc 25mg once a day, K2 100mcg once a day, and fenugreek.

Last edited:

D007Domo

Check

Curious - any update/progress?

Checkdis

@D007Domo , So I have Grave’s Disease which would explain all my symptoms. Seems either I have been struggling with an autoimmune issue for a while With elevated TPO antibodies, and doctors could not figure out my Thyroid levels because they were normal every time. My theory is I would urinate so frequently my T3 & T4 wouldn’t pool in my body (showing normal levels). Or from my abuse of steroids I gave myself an autoimmune disease. Now that my urination has gone back to somewhat normal my Testosterone is improving. My highest levels yet 338ng/dL and very slowly going up. Keep in mind my levels were 86ng/dL back in April 2017.

I believe once I fix my thyroid autoimmune response TPO, TG, TSI, TGII, using Methimazole, I can maybe revisit TRT or continue to see how high my natural levels come back.

I don’t have ED, my testicles seem to be normal sized and libido is determined by normal stress levels.

Only symptom I have are light headed, feeling buzzed or high. It’s like i’m on a boat and I feel everything around me moving.... but then I came across a video with Wendy Williams who has Grave’s, and she explained the same exact symptom or feeling.

Last edited:

Checkdis

UPDATE: I have been given the opportunity to try legit pharmaceutical compounded Enclomiphene Citrate from a reputable Doctor and Pharmacy. Once I receive my medication in the mail I will be starting a 25mg EOD protocol in restoring optimal HPGA. Once labs come back, we will adjust accordingly (maybe add Tamoxifen as a test?)

Methimazole for my Hyperthyroid has been working and I have tapered to 2.5mg everyday. Levels are improving, but antibodies are still present. I believe once my Testosterone and Estradiol come back to reasonable levels, my body will suppress thyroid antibodies (a guess).

Present Symptoms:
Light Headed (like i’m on a boat or free falling)
Frequent Urination
Anxiety
Knee pain & weak tendons/ligaments

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
UPDATE: I have been given the opportunity to try legit pharmaceutical compounded Enclomiphene Citrate from a reputable Doctor and Pharmacy. Once I receive my medication in the mail I will be starting a 25mg EOD protocol in restoring optimal HPGA. Once labs come back, we will adjust accordingly (maybe add Tamoxifen as a test?)
If you don't mind sharing, what is the pharmacy? Tailor Made?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me