HPTA Recovery Log to Re Start Testosterone Production

Buy Lab Tests Online
Hello everyone.

Following my failed attempt at restarting my natural testosterone production, I'm back on HRT in the form of 500iu HCG 3x p/w.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current issues:
  • Always cold, especially extremities
  • Absent Libido
  • Thinning hair + eyebrows in a diffuse pattern
  • Severe anxiety
  • Low mood coupled with poor motivation
  • Cognitive decline
  • Fatigue and low energy
  • Weight loss and development of IBD
  • Heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat
  • Dry and flaking skin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloods on 500iu HCG, 3x p/w:

Sex Hormones:

Testosterone: 21.2 nmol/L (Range: 8.64 - 29)
Oestradiol: 168 pmol/L (Range: 41 - 159)
Progesterone: <0.159 nmol/L (Range: 0.64 - 4.7)

Adrenal Hormones:
DHEA Sulphate: 6.450 umol/L (Range: 5.73 - 13.4)
Cortisol AM (serum): 119.0 nmol/L (Range: 166 - 507)

Thyroid:
TSH: 1.60 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free Thyroxine: 14.200 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)
Free T3: 6.09 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)

Cholesterol
Total Cholesterol: 3.92 mmol/L (Range: 0 - 5)
LDL Cholesterol: 2.38 mmol/L (Range: < 3)
Non-HDL Cholesterol: 2.81 mmol/L (Range: < 4)
HDL Cholesterol: 1.05 mmol/L (Range: > 1.1)

Inflammation:
CRP HS: 11.9 mg/L (Range: < 5)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Plan:

The main reason for starting HCG mono was to see if i could get my DHEA-S and progesterone levels up - both of which were low whilst off TRT. Unfortunately, HCG seems to have had the opposite effect. HCG massively improved erection quality and exercise tolerance, though it made my sleep much worse, and also gave me regular palpitations which appear to be premature ventricular contractions. With my most recent bloods in mind, I am planning on the following:

• Return to my old protocol of 250iu HCG / 15mg Test Cyp EOD to restore testosterone levels to > 25 nmol/L
  • Apply ~5mg transdermal progesterone every night before bed to support undetectable prog and low cortisol; titrate up based upon prog and cortisol bloods after four weeks.
  • Once stabilized on T + HCG + Prog, I will begin a trial of T4 if cortisol has raised to levels adequate enough to support exogenous thyroid to treat hypothyroid symptoms.

That's the plan for now, but it will likely change over time. This thread will serve as my own personal log, but anyone is welcome to chime in along the way if they have anything to add.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
After a week of ~5mg transdermal progesterone I've had to stop due to vascular issues. In the past whenever I've taken pregnenolone it's always caused my veins to swell, bulge and expand, permanently changing their appearance even after discontinuation - seems to be the start of varicose veins. This has happened again with progesterone, and to quite a large degree.

I'm going to discontinue use of preg and prog indefinitely because this is extremely concerning. Adrenal glandular is the next option I'll try to boost cortisol before implementing levothyroxine.

For those interested I'll be following the protocol from Peatfields "Your Thyroid and How To Keep It Healthy".

Stylo

HCG mono therapy is just not TRT per se. I tried it and it felt more like a cycle very little results. Balls grew though not what I really wanted. Hope youre doing well

JA Battle

Hello everyone.

Following my failed attempt at restarting my natural testosterone production, I'm back on HRT in the form of 500iu HCG 3x p/w.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current issues:
  • Always cold, especially extremities
  • Absent Libido
  • Thinning hair + eyebrows in a diffuse pattern
  • Severe anxiety
  • Low mood coupled with poor motivation
  • Cognitive decline
  • Fatigue and low energy
  • Weight loss and development of IBD
  • Heart palpitations and irregular heartbeat
  • Dry and flaking skin

Bloods on 500iu HCG, 3x p/w:

Sex Hormones:

Testosterone: 21.2 nmol/L (Range: 8.64 - 29)
Oestradiol: 168 pmol/L (Range: 41 - 159)
Progesterone: <0.159 nmol/L (Range: 0.64 - 4.7)

Adrenal Hormones:
DHEA Sulphate: 6.450 umol/L (Range: 5.73 - 13.4)
Cortisol AM (serum): 119.0 nmol/L (Range: 166 - 507)

Thyroid:
TSH: 1.60 mIU/L (Range: 0.27 - 4.2)
Free Thyroxine: 14.200 pmol/L (Range: 12 - 22)
Free T3: 6.09 pmol/L (Range: 3.1 - 6.8)

Cholesterol
Total Cholesterol: 3.92 mmol/L (Range: 0 - 5)
LDL Cholesterol: 2.38 mmol/L (Range: < 3)
Non-HDL Cholesterol: 2.81 mmol/L (Range: < 4)
HDL Cholesterol: 1.05 mmol/L (Range: > 1.1)

Inflammation:
CRP HS: 11.9 mg/L (Range: < 5)

Current Plan:

The main reason for starting HCG mono was to see if i could get my DHEA-S and progesterone levels up - both of which were low whilst off TRT. Unfortunately, HCG seems to have had the opposite effect. HCG massively improved erection quality and exercise tolerance, though it made my sleep much worse, and also gave me regular palpitations which appear to be premature ventricular contractions. With my most recent bloods in mind, I am planning on the following:

• Return to my old protocol of 250iu HCG / 15mg Test Cyp EOD to restore testosterone levels to > 25 nmol/L
  • Apply ~5mg transdermal progesterone every night before bed to support undetectable prog and low cortisol; titrate up based upon prog and cortisol bloods after four weeks.
  • Once stabilized on T + HCG + Prog, I will begin a trial of T4 if cortisol has raised to levels adequate enough to support exogenous thyroid to treat hypothyroid symptoms.

That's the plan for now, but it will likely change over time. This thread will serve as my own personal log, but anyone is welcome to chime in along the way if they have anything to add.
What time of day do you inject your hcg?

Vince

Super Moderator

I agree, it's vastly ineffective for the majority of people. it was never the long term plan, I just wanted to see if it'd improve my poor adrenal function since various studies show LH is important for adrenal steroidogenesis. Unfortunately it had the opposite effect.

Not sure why this post was renamed to HPTA recovery log. The point of this log is actually the exact opposite: to document my progress restarting TRT and fixing adrenals.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me