How to treat or prevent acne caused by testosterone.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
High carbohydrate (not fat) consumption linked to acne.

J Cosmet Dermatol. 2019 Dec 16. doi: 10.1111/jocd.13255. [Epub ahead of print]
Evaluation of food consumption in patients with acne vulgaris and its relationship with acne severity.

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Acne vulgaris is one of the chronic skin diseases with bacterial and perifollicular inflammation in its etiology. In recent years, numerous studies have been conducted on hormones and food consumption, which are thought to affect this inflammation.

AIMS:
In this study, how effective various possible factors such as food consumption habits and anthropometric measurement are in the etiology and severity of acne was investigated in patients with acne.

MATERIALS AND METHODS:
A case-control study was conducted including 53 acne vulgaris patients and 53 age-, gender-, and ethnicity-matched controls. Each patient's acne score was calculated by a dermatologist ranging from 0-44 points based on the Global Acne Grading System (GAGS) calculation. Dietary intake of milk and dairy products along with carbohydrate, fat, protein ratios and body mass index and body fat percentage were calculated. Statistical evaluation was carried out by calculating 95% confidence interval and prevalence rates between acne vulgaris and food categories.

RESULTS:

Cheese consumption was higher in the acne vulgaris group than in the control group, and there was a statistically significant difference.(P < .05) There was a statistically positive correlation between acne score and carbohydrate consumption (P < .01) and a statistically negative correlation between acne score and fat consumption. (P < .01).

CONCLUSION:
In patients with acne vulgaris, it was observed that cheese consumption increased acne formation and carbohydrate consumption increased acne severity, while fat consumption did not increase acne severity.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Acne vulgaris is a chronic disease of the pilosebaceous units presenting as inflammatory or noninflammatory lesions in individuals of all ages. The current standard of treatment includes topical formulations in the forms of washes, gels, lotions, and creams such as antibiotics, antibacterial agents, retinoids, and comedolytics. Additionally, systemic treatments are available for more severe or resistant forms of acne. Nevertheless, these treatments have shown to induce a wide array of adverse effects, including dryness, peeling, erythema, and even fetal defects and embolic events. Zinc is a promising alternative to other acne treatments owing to its low cost, efficacy, and lack of systemic side effects. In this literature review, we evaluate the effectiveness and side‐effect profiles of various formulations of zinc used to treat acne.

Zinc may inhibit the enzyme 5 alpha reductase that metabolizes testosterone into DHT, one of the factors that may be involved in acne.

Be very careful not to exceed 100 mg per day of zinc. Higher concentrations can decrease iron and copper absorption.

Attachments

• zinc and acne review of studies.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 195

fifty

Very interesting.

They need a topical minoxidil & ketoconazole option w/o finasteride.

Last edited:

Vtail

I had good success with Benzoyl Perixide 5%. Available over the counter. Nothing else worked for me. In my case the acne was on my forehead.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Acne vulgaris (AV) is an incredibly annoying chronic skin disease. Teenagers around the globe are tormented by it, although most grow over it. Nevertheless, it's quite common in adults too [1]. And if you've grown over it, you can still be struck by it when you start using anabolic androgenic steroids (AAS).

This article has gotten ridicliously long, so I've included a brief table of contents with clickable links here:

Very good article: Treatment of anbolic steroid-induced acne vulgaris

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Acne related to dietary supplements

Multiple prescription medications may cause or aggravate acne. A number of dietary supplements have also been linked to acne, including those containing vitamins B6/B12, iodine, and whey, as well as "muscle building supplements" that may be contaminated with anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS). Acne linked to dietary supplements generally resolves following supplement discontinuation. Lesions associated with high-dose vitamin B6 and B12 supplements have been described as monomorphic and although pathogenesis is unknown, a number of hypotheses have been proposed. Iodine-related acne may be related to the use of kelp supplements and has been reported as monomorphic, inflammatory pustules on the face and upper trunk. Whey protein supplements, derived from milk and used for bodybuilding, are associated with papulonodular acne involving the trunk and sometimes the face. Finally, AAS-induced acne has been described as acne fulminans, acne conglobata, and acne papulopustulosa. With studies indicating that about half of US adults report using dietary supplements, it is important that dermatologists directly ask acne patients about their supplement use and educate them on the potential risks of even seemingly innocuous dietary supplements.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com

Fortunate

@Nelson Vergel, I know this is a much-discussed topic, but I would love your input on a few acne related questions.

It appears that most believe their acne is either DHT related or E2 related. Do you have any updated opinions on which is more responsible for acne associated with TRT? Maybe it varies by person? For me, E2 seems to make sense, as I tend to see more acne breakouts while on hCG.

Also, I think (but am not sure) that you have a connection at Empower? If so, I would love to get some help talking with someone there about making a product. It's a pretty simple mixture of a benzoyl peroxide mixed with hydrocortisone, but after being on the market for 40-50 years, it has recently been discontinued. It has always been the most effective spot treatment for me over the years. I can also work through Defy to see if they can facilitate, but if you have a contact there, I'd love to work with Empower to see if they can replicate this product.

Thanks for all your input on this!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching