How to Take Armour Thyroid with Fitness Supplements

Buy Lab Tests Online

amatos70

Hello Nelson and Excel Male Community…

First and foremost, I want to thank you for the advice you gave me last year. You were 100% correct. I did not need to be on TRT. (Low Testosterone + High Estrogen + Obesity = Is TRT really the solution for me???)

Soon after the above post, I consulted with my doctor at Defy Medical, shared your suggestion and he immediately, without hesitation prescribed a slow way to stop TRT and also suggested testing my thyroid. Come to find out, I have hypothyroidism.

Once off of TRT, I began taking Armour Thyroid. We began with a low dosage and slowly increased it until I got to a point where I felt comfortable and seeing positive results. Currently, my dosage is 1GR (60mg) 1 Tablet, Twice daily. He also prescribed the following over the counter supplements. Omega 3 4000mg, aDrenal, DHEA 50mg, Vitamin D3 5000 IU

When I say "positive results", I mean it in the way where I felt good, my mood was good and started to see positive results (loose weight) from my efforts of dieting and exercise. I had spent years (dieting and exercising) trying to lose weight!!! After 4 months of being on Armour Thyroid, doing moderate exercise (walking and weightlifting), eating a somewhat healthy diet and practicing Intermittent Fasting (IF), I went from 235 lbs. to 195 lbs. (Lost 45 lbs.)

Now to the reason for this post...

The thyroid medication is not a magic pill for losing weight. Over the past 6 months, I've started regaining weight, but I'm conscious that the weight gain has been from poor eating habits and inconsistent exercise. I've started going back to the gym. I workout 5 days a week (Monday thru Friday) doing heavy weightlifting, and I work out at 5:00am on a fasted state. I want to start taking Pre and Post Workout supplements (BCAA, Multi-Vitamins, and Fat Burners - See attached images) to help me burn more fat and build more muscle, but I'm not sure how to take them or if I should not take them with my thyroid medication.

I've grown a habit of taking my thyroid medication (Armour Thyroid) in the morning as soon as I get out of bed.

My questions are:

1. How should I take these supplements with my thyroid medication? Should I not take them??
2. There 2 Pre-Workout supplements (see attached). I only plan on taking 1 of them. Because I am following Intermittent Fasting, I would like to use the one that will both "not" interrupt my fasting state and be best to take with my thyroid medication.
3. Should I space out the Armour Thyroid from my Pre-Workout supplements? If so, how far apart??

Next week 9/18/19, I have an appointment with Defy Medical to update my bloodwork and will come back and update my current results.

The following are the labs I'll be doing...
  1. Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
  2. CBC
  3. Lipid Panel- $15
  4. Testosterone Free and Total
  5. Estradiol Sensitive
  6. DHEA-S
  7. TSH
  8. PSA
  9. LH
  10. Sex Hormone Binding Globulin
  11. IGF-1
  12. Free T3
  13. Free T4
  14. Reverse T3
  15. Hemoglobin A1c
  16. Fasting Insulin

Nelson, before I go for my doctor consultation to review my bloodwork, I would sincerely appreciate your suggestions, especially since you have a background in bodybuilding and have a wealth of knowledge with medications and men's health.

Thank you,
Alex

Attachments

• IMG_3500.jpg
    IMG_3500.jpg
    860.2 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_3501.jpg
    IMG_3501.jpg
    524 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3502.jpg
    IMG_3502.jpg
    865.9 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3503.jpg
    IMG_3503.jpg
    687.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_3504.jpg
    IMG_3504.jpg
    793.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3505.jpg
    IMG_3505.jpg
    626.2 KB · Views: 132
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

amatos70

What brand of fish oil does the dr have you taking?
He didn’t recommend a specific brand. I did a little research and started using Dr Tobias (it was good), but recently changed to Nordic Naturals.

Attachments

• D7A4D6E0-6529-4FF1-90AB-2A34377CD97C.jpeg
    D7A4D6E0-6529-4FF1-90AB-2A34377CD97C.jpeg
    653.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 6C2A76C4-A6DB-4BEA-9F04-0F0426F7979D.jpeg
    6C2A76C4-A6DB-4BEA-9F04-0F0426F7979D.jpeg
    199.6 KB · Views: 129

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
I personally don't see any conflict with those supplements and your NDT medication. I'd stick to your AM protocol on NDT, do your supplements later.

As you mentioned, there's been some weight gain, but you also noted the diet and exercise situation wasn't optimal. Optimize those areas, regulate your caloric intake to where it needs to be, wa-la, it should be fine.

Also, optimize your thyroid treatment with proper iodine & selenium supplementation as needed ...

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me