How to proceed?

Buy Lab Tests Online
60 year old New Jersey male. I have been to a few doctors and spent a lot on labs over the last year and feel stuck. It seems that the laws here in NJ prohibit doctors from doing what's best for us in the area of hormones. I don't know where to go. Any help would be welcome.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
60 year old New Jersey male. I have been to a few doctors and spent a lot on labs over the last year and feel stuck. It seems that the laws here in NJ prohibit doctors from doing what's best for us in the area of hormones. I don't know where to go. Any help would be welcome.
You would probably be better off just finding a good Clinic. That's what I did, I went to three doctors in my area, to see if anyone would help me, no luck. I checked out some local clinics and we're not very happy with them. So after joining Excelmale. I went with one of their advertisers. I've been with them for 5 years now, I actually started on my 60th birthday.

You would probably be better off just finding a good Clinic. That's what I did, I went to three doctors in my area, to see if anyone would help me, no luck. I checked out some local clinics and we're not very happy with them. So after joining Excelmale. I went with one of their advertisers. I've been with them for 5 years now, I actually started on my 60th birthday.

...and we’re happy you did ;-)

Agree with all said.

Thanks for the input. I assume these clinics are not in NJ? Are there some online that would help evaluate me a write scripts to get me at 30 year test levels?

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the input. I assume these clinics are not in NJ? Are there some online that would help evaluate me a write scripts to get me at 30 year test levels?
No they're not in New Jersey. I live in Wisconsin, Defy medical is in Florida. I go to LabCorp to have labs and have to have a physical once a year at my doctor's office or any doctor. The meds are sent to my house, I actually have them go to the UPS store and I just pick them up from there.

mooseman109

I do the same as Vince, I am in Virginia and am happy with the care I get and their overall service. Likely your insurance will not reimburse, so typically out of pocket, but well worth it and not hateful expensive.

These are about 6 months old. I had a lot of tests done here are the ones I am guessing you guys need:

DHEA 56 ng/dl
Testosterone, Serum 360 ng/dl
Free Test (Direct) 2.1 pg/ml
DHEA-Sulfate 109 ug/dl
SHBG, Serum 110.6 nmol/L
Estradiol <5 pg/ml
Estrogens, Total 59 pg/ml
TSH 1.44 uIU/ml

If there are any other labs that may be relavent, I can probably provide those number also.

Last edited:
These are about 6 months old. I had a lot of tests done here are the ones I am guessing you guys need:

DHEA 56 ng/dl
Testosterone, Serum 360 ng/dl
Free Test (Direct) 2.1 pg/ml
DHEA-Sulfate 109 ug/dl
SHBG, Serum 110.6 nmol/L
Estradiol <5 pg/ml
Estrogens, Total 59 pg/ml
TSH 1.44 uIU/ml

If there are any other labs that may be relavent, I can probably provide those number also.

Low free testosterone AND low estradiol is a recipe for feeling miserable. For your reference, the female range for free testosterone goes up to 4.2 (vs yours 2.1). This is due to high SHBG. That should provide some perspective for your results. Unfortunately, many traditional guidelines only take into account total (vs free) testosterone and would deny you treatment based on same.

Thanks Dr Saya.
What do the rest of you guys think?
I am not sure if the test was done correctly the Dr didn't specify when or how I should be tested.
It was a non fasting test and I don't recall what time of day.

Golfboy307

No wonder you feel crappy. With high SHBG, resulting in low free T and e2, you are near the bottom. Go with a pro like Defy. (I am not with them but would switch if needed). Your SHBG will likely come down if you go on TRT and help balance out your hormone profile. Best of luck to you...

mooseman109

DHEA, seems low as well as Free T. The free T is what is going to help you. It is what is not already bound up with SHBG and Albumin. You have very little left over. I feel best when mine is around 20-25. You may be a candidate for smaller more frequent injections. But I am not a Dr, just somebody who has been on this journey since 2013. I was being treated by my PCP, who is great and now acknowledges that I know more about this than he does. He just did not know. So treatment was very generic. Thus I switched to Defy and treatment has gotten more targeted and specific. Happy I am. I will remind you that this is a journey. At 57 my body is different than it was at 50, and then 53 and then..... You get my point. Things change as we change. I feel that Dr calking is changing with me and we are in it together. Hope that helps. But back to your question, I would think TRT could help you given your labs.

Yeah I get it. I am 60 and 3 years ago I was dating a 33 year old. Most people thought I was 40. The only time I got questioned was when they proofed both of us at the bar and I got the...Wow, keep it up dude. Now they think I'm 50. 10 years in 3 years! Well I guess my muscle mass has deteriorated significantly and I just can't move like I used to. Kind of a wake up call. My dad died at 65 and I don't want that to be me. Thanks for the input guys.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me