How to lower TRT weekly dosage safely?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Gonna echo what system lord says. This idea to keep your hormones unstable for several months sounds really stupid to be straight up.
Unstable for months? Where is your logic? I'm trying to understand why you think I would be unstable for months. I stick with 182mg per week for 6-12 weeks. I drop into the 160s for 6-12 weeks. Levels stabilize after 8-10 days then you're left with getting adjusted to the drop. I'm trying to understand your "sounds really stupid to be straight up."

DixieWrecked

Unstable for months? Where is your logic? I'm trying to understand why you think I would be unstable for months. I stick with 182mg per week for 6-12 weeks. I drop into the 160s for 6-12 weeks. Levels stabilize after 8-10 days then you're left with getting adjusted to the drop. I'm trying to understand your "sounds really stupid to be straight up."
It takes 4-5 weeks for blood weeks to stabilize if you are using Test Cypionate.

From your outline it appears you are planning on three separate small drops in dosage with a 6-12 week adjustment period. If you do the math, that is a really long time for something you could just do in 1/3 the time you are planning.

Last edited:

Cataceous

Super Moderator
It's not unreasonable to hope that three smaller dose reductions are less traumatic than one big one. In fact, you could argue in favor of making the drop nearly continuous, lowering the dose by a couple milligrams a week until the target is reached. A low enough rate of decrease might even avoid all withdrawal problems. Being in a constant state of flux shouldn't matter if the rate of change is imperceptible.

It's not unreasonable to hope that three smaller dose reductions are less traumatic than one big one. In fact, you could argue in favor of making the drop nearly continuous, lowering the dose by a couple milligrams a week until the target is reached. A low enough rate of decrease might even avoid all withdrawal problems. Being in a constant state of flux shouldn't matter if the rate of change is imperceptible.
This is exactly why I'm doing it this way. Allowing the body to adjust to smaller drops makes sense compared to a huge dip from a large dose. I can certainly feel the difference from 196 to 182 but it's already starting to lift a bit. Going on 2.5 weeks in.

Systemlord

Levels stabilize after 8-10 days
Sorry but this isn't correct, you always multiply the half-life by 5x, so it's 4-6 weeks for levels to stabilize.

Sorry but this isn't correct, you always multiply the half-life by 5x, so it's 4-6 weeks for levels to stabilize.

Of course, I wasn't referring to the substance, no longer being in my body after 8-10 days. I'm not new to this game of anabolics, it part of the reason I'm on TRT. For me, my symptoms of being off, begin to stabilize after 8-10 days give or take. They don't get much worse. My theory is with micro drops, I should be able to recover faster. Right now, 2.5 weeks in and I'm starting to feel a lift. I will see how long the "lift" lasts and if it stays consistent, then I'll drop the dose a bit more. Slowly stepping down.

Cataceous

Super Moderator

One quibble with the referenced post is the incorrect half-life for cypionate. I used to cite that figure of seven or eight days until @madman showed me that the credible references put the figure at more like five days. Some guys use four half-lives as the stabilization period because in theory it's only three percent different from five half-lives.

DixieWrecked

Of course, I wasn't referring to the substance, no longer being in my body after 8-10 days. I'm not new to this game of anabolics, it part of the reason I'm on TRT. For me, my symptoms of being off, begin to stabilize after 8-10 days give or take. They don't get much worse. My theory is with micro drops, I should be able to recover faster. Right now, 2.5 weeks in and I'm starting to feel a lift. I will see how long the "lift" lasts and if it stays consistent, then I'll drop the dose a bit more. Slowly stepping down.
If you personally feel better after only 8-10 days of a dosage change, that's just further reason to rip off the band-aid and change the dosage once.

DixieWrecked

One quibble with the referenced post is the incorrect half-life for cypionate. I used to cite that figure of seven or eight days until @madman showed me that the credible references put the figure at more like five days. Some guys use four half-lives as the stabilization period because in theory it's only three percent different from five half-lives.
Do you have a link to that? Basically everything I have seen is that its 7-8 days including a pamphlet put out by Pfizer.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Do you have a link to that? Basically everything I have seen is that its 7-8 days including a pamphlet put out by Pfizer.
Now try to find where that Pfizer figure came from. I sure couldn't.

I can't yet find the thread where @madman rounded up the best collection of evidence. But some indirect evidence is contained in this thread. In that post Nelson gives the Nieschlag data with a half-life of 4.5 days for testosterone enanthate. Below that @madman includes a study showing that cypionate and enanthate have very similar pharmacokinetics.

Also check out this post, starting where he says "Cypionate study states the mean/median having a much shorter half-life." Studies showing a longer half-life failed to account for concurrent HPTA activity

It is difficult to calculate the PK parameters of TC using traditional noncompartmental methods, especially when the endogenous testosterone secretion rate is suppressed during the course of TC administration and the testosterone secretion rate is regulated by the LH-testosterone feedback loop system in HPG axis. Our estimated post hoc median tT half-life was 4.05 days, which is shorter than the mean reported elimination half-life of 6.9 days determined using noncompartmental analysis.11 Such inconsistency is believed to result from failure to consider endogenous testosterone production. When we assume endogenous testosterone secretion is 0 in the PPK analysis, the median estimated half-life increases to 6.87 days.​

Vince

Super Moderator
Appreciate the response. I had planned to drop it by 2mg per day every 6 weeks. 28/26/24 and so on. I may drop it a bit faster. I feel like I've been in the red zone of risks for too long. But I have heard some guys crashing their test by dropping too fast so that was why I asked. Thanks again for the response.
When I lower my dose, I just lower it, I do feel better at higher levels than lower levels. But for me it's not an issue, we are all different though.

DixieWrecked

Now try to find where that Pfizer figure came from. I sure couldn't.

I can't yet find the thread where @madman rounded up the best collection of evidence. But some indirect evidence is contained in this thread. In that post Nelson gives the Nieschlag data with a half-life of 4.5 days for testosterone enanthate. Below that @madman includes a study showing that cypionate and enanthate have very similar pharmacokinetics.

Also check out this post, starting where he says "Cypionate study states the mean/median having a much shorter half-life." Studies showing a longer half-life failed to account for concurrent HPTA activity

It is difficult to calculate the PK parameters of TC using traditional noncompartmental methods, especially when the endogenous testosterone secretion rate is suppressed during the course of TC administration and the testosterone secretion rate is regulated by the LH-testosterone feedback loop system in HPG axis. Our estimated post hoc median tT half-life was 4.05 days, which is shorter than the mean reported elimination half-life of 6.9 days determined using noncompartmental analysis.11 Such inconsistency is believed to result from failure to consider endogenous testosterone production. When we assume endogenous testosterone secretion is 0 in the PPK analysis, the median estimated half-life increases to 6.87 days.​

DixieWrecked

As I said, there's no citation. But assuming they didn't pull it out of thin air then it probably goes back to one of those studies that didn't account for the influence of variable endogenous testosterone production.
After 70 years you think Pfizer still has wrong information in their pamphlet? Not saying it's impossible but, I guess I just have other things to worry about.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
After 70 years you think Pfizer still has wrong information in their pamphlet? Not saying it's impossible but, I guess I just have other things to worry about.
Who's going to tell them to fix it? They also don't have much incentive to admit they've published faulty information for so long.

Although it's just one example, this guy tested three times in the injection cycle.

Im on 100mg once a week my levels 2 days after are 1050 4 day’s after are 850 and 7 days after are 500

The best-fit exponential produces a half-life of 4.9 days. There are some other cases with two reported measurements that have also yielded a half-life around five days.

rimster

Hi entreeleader 77. I know this thread was more than a year ago. Can you fill us in on what happened in the end. Did you succeed at lowering and if yes how? Than you

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me