How to lower dose and avoid side effects

Buy Lab Tests Online

Azza23

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can please provide some advice on lowering my T dose and minimise the side effects whilst doing so.

I took some bad advice and having been doing 200mg every week (MWF).

I believe it is causing me the current bout of anxiety, OCD and lethargy Im experiencing.

I would like to get down to 100-120mg a week.

Ive been told to drop my dose by 30mg, stay at that for 4-6 weeks then do it again after.

I am also considering missing my next week of injections. Would this help?

Thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
T

tareload

Short answer:
Cut the volume you are injecting (1 mL equivalent every week?) by half.
Reassess in 8-12 weeks.

Where's your bloodwork?

More info and detail:

Last edited by a moderator:

Azza23

Short answer:
Cut the volume you are injecting (1 mL equivalent every week?) by half.
Reassess in 8-12 weeks.

Where's your bloodwork?

More info and detail:

Apolgies mate

Free T 1192
T 37
SHBG 21

madman

Super Moderator
Hi all,

Just wondering if you can please provide some advice on lowering my T dose and minimise the side effects whilst doing so.

I took some bad advice and having been doing 200mg every week (MWF).

I believe it is causing me the current bout of anxiety, OCD and lethargy Im experiencing.

I would like to get down to 100-120mg a week.

Ive been told to drop my dose by 30mg, stay at that for 4-6 weeks then do it again after.

I am also considering missing my next week of injections. Would this help?

Thanks in advance

200 mg T/week split into more frequent injections is a whopping dose of T and would easily have most men's trough FT high/absurdly high.

Looking over your lab's post #3 you are hitting a very high trough TT of almost 1200 ng/dL (1197) and your SHBG is lowish 20 nmol/L.

Would bet that your trough FT is even higher than you think as you most likely never had it tested using an accurate assay.

The only way to know where your FT level truly sits is to have it tested using an accurate assay such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration.

You easily have room to lower your dose and you will still be able to hit a healthy FT.

When tweaking a protocol (dose T/injection frequency) it is common to experience ups/downs during the transition as the body is trying to adjust.

T levels will be in flux during the following weeks until blood levels have stabilized (4-6 weeks TC/TE).

Much harder going down than coming up so you may be in for a bumpy ride during the transition.

Even then once blood levels have stabilized it will take time for the body to adapt to the new set-point and this is the critical time period when one should gauge how they truly feel overall regarding low-t symptoms.

Every protocol should be given 12 weeks before claiming it was truly a success or failure.

Would be more sensible to drop your dose from 200--->150 mg/week.

Cutting your dose by 50 mg T is going to have a big impact on dropping your TT/FT.

Fortunate

Good advice above. From my perspective, you could use Natesto as a way to stop injecting. My (unsubstantiated) theory is that if you back off exogenous testosterone, and assuming you don't have an incurable reason for being hypogandic (ie prior orchiectomy or untreatable central nervous system cause) your body has an opportunity to recover on its own. Natesto may help reduce hypogonadism symptoms while you recover. It could take months (again, just my opinion).

This is merely my personal theory. I believe Lipschultz is getting ready to do a study on HPTA recovery using Natesto, but don't quote me on that.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me