How to Dose Aromasin (Exemestane) -- A Proposal

Buy Lab Tests Online

Ckblgr

All,

I love how aromasin (exemestane) makes me feel, much more than arimidex (anastrazole). Anastrazole feels harsh and slightly poisonous, where exemestane feels smooth and mild. I have been using it on and off for years as a stand-alone, to both increase testosterone, lower SHBG and control E2. It lowers my anxiety, mental chatter, emotionality, and simply makes me feel more "manly". It increases my sexual confidence and erectile function. The problem is, it has been VERY tricky to dose properly and dial in -- it is very easy to overshoot, and end up with low E2 that takes weeks to recover. (I have repeated bloodwork that shows it takes me 10 days to recover 4 points of E2 after taking exemestane. As background, my baseline E2 hovers only slightly above the normal range: low 30s pg/ml, Quest sensitive test.)

So in order to figure out the right dosing protocol, I have been scouring the research over the past week, and want to share my key findings. I hope this will be a starting point for further discussion and self-experimentation on the forum.

1)There is only one study performed on men with exemestane (1), so that's all we have to work with. All subjects were young (20s) and healthy. Unfortunately, the study only tested daily doses of 25 and 50mg over 7 days. So it makes it difficult to figure out what an ideal long term dosing protocol would be.

2)According to this study, the half-life of the drug in these men was 8.9 hours -- compared to about 24 hours for women. (This means that it should be dosed every day in order to achieve stable blood levels).

3)When you compare the effect of 25mg in men, to the effect of 25mg in women in other studies (2, 3), E2 is suppressed only 58% in men as it is in women. (This means men would need a higher doses for the same result). To add credence to this claim, this number is remarkably consistent with how anastrazole performs in men vs. women in another study (57% suppression at the same dose) (4).

4)But the question is, how does exemestane behave in men over longer time periods? At lower doses? We have to draw some inferences. Look at this graph. This is the expected estrone sulfate (E1S) suppression in women at various daily exemestane doses. (E1S was used as a proxy for all estrogens, which rise and fall in proportion with E2) (5)

Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 10.09.30 PM.png

5) Assuming that men actually do clear exemestane faster, and that each dose actually is less effective in men vs. women, we can assume that this graph would be the same shape for men, just each line would be shifted upwards.

6)So if we assume that each dose in men really does only achieve 58% the E2 suppression as it would in women, this means that daily exemestane dosing at 0.5mg would suppress E2 by about 23%. 1mg/day would suppress by about 30%. And 2.5mg/day by about 46%. (These studies were done on young men and post-menopausal women, who have similar E2 levels. For levels far above the range, as might occur with steroid use or major obesity, these predictions would not apply.)

Conclusions:

1)25mg or even 5mg is way too much for most men.
2)Whether you are on TRT or not, you will get the best and most stable results if you dose daily.
3)0.5mg-2.5mg/day is perfect for most men. Better to start at a low dose.
4)DO NOT OVERSHOOT. Depending on your genetics, it can take weeks to recover your aromatase levels, especially if you are low for a long time. But if you do, don't panic, it will come back.

I still greatly prefer exemestane to anastrazole, it simply feels better, and it puts free testosterone near or above the top of the range as a standalone. With these dosing guidelines, I am much more confident how to dose without overshooting. Over the next weeks, I will be taking 1mg/day and getting regular blood tests, and will share my results.

-Chris

References:
(1) Pharmacokinetics and dose finding of a potent aromatase inhibitor, aromasin (exemestane), in young males. - PubMed - NCBI
(2) The minimal effective exemestane dose for endocrine activity in advanced breast cancer. - PubMed - NCBI
(3) Endocrinological and clinical evaluation of exemestane, a new steroidal aromatase inhibitor.
(4) An overview of the pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of the newer generation aromatase inhibitors anastrozole, letrozole, and exemestane. - PubMed - NCBI
(5) A predictive model for exemestane pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics incorporating the effect of food and formulation

Attachments

• tileshop.fcgi.jpeg
    tileshop.fcgi.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 192
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
i preferred Aromasin but we had indications that it drove my lipids out of whack. i had titrated a lot over time as i over aromatase plus im sensitive to even a little excess E. i had gotten to using 12.5md per day. Having my Free E mid range and/or me Sens E2 in the single digits was I think were I did my best. Having my E2 mirror my SHBG value (~12) made a world of difference for me.

On 16mg/D and .25mg Anastrozole my Free E still spikes to double and goes over the lab range 12hrs post injection so this is very hard for me to manage.

pmgamer18

I have been on Aromasin a long but was testing my E2 using the reg. test that was showing me to high. So I was taking 4 pills per day showing my E2 on the reg. test at 25 to 30 pg/ml.

I felt OK but had a lot of fatigue so after reading at Dr. John's forum God Bless Him. He said the reg. E2 test shows men high when in fact they are not high.

So on my next E2 test we did the sensitive test it came back at 10 way to low. Today I take one pill E3D on the day I do my T shot now my labs are at about 20. And I feel much better.

I have Congestive Heart problems and driving my E2 down to low was making my tests for this to high.
pmgamer18

I have been on Aromasin a long but was testing my E2 using the reg. test that was showing me to high. So I was taking 4 pills per day showing my E2 on the reg. test at 25 to 30 pg/ml.

I had multiple tests on the same blood draw with the standard and the sensitive where my sensitive value was HIGHER than the standard, significantly higher not even close to a few points of each other.

pmgamer18

At the time we were using Quest Labs and we tested both when the senative test came out. I had the same problem senative was higher that is why I was not using it.

But now it is fixed and working good as per Dr. John and I just seen my Dr. 3 weeks ago and the lab sent in the wrong E2 test it was very high over 40 they redid the test doing the senative and a few days ago it came back at 21.

pmgamer18

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching