How strict is Defy when it comes to elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

RumHam

I’m new here so apologies if this is the wrong forum. I’m considering switching to Defy after 6 months on TRT at a local clinic. I’ve had elevated hemoglobin (high 17’s to low 18’s) and hematocrit (51-53%) most of the time I’ve been on TRT. But I was also on 180mg per week which is probably too much for me, so a month ago I dropped to 160mg. Blood donations help a bit but these numbers eventually creep back up. I’ve been drinking a gallon of water a day for a couple months now and it’s not helping much. Doing a sleep study soon to test for sleep apnea (my hemoglobin/hematocrit numbers were on the high end of the reference range before I started TRT).

My clinic isn’t too concerned with these numbers but Defy seems much more stringent; I believe in their initial paperwork it said they’ll pull you off TRT if your hematocrit goes above 51%. Is that true? If so, I’m wondering if this clinic will be a good fit for me. I’m concerned the only way I’ll get below 51% is by lowering my test dose so low I may as well not be on it. And I get a lot of conflicting info about the dangers of slightly elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin. Any insight into their management of these issues would be appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

maxadvance

Defy will not pull you off TRT for a 51 hct. 51 is actually high normal for some people. They might be concerned at 53 but even then there is no hard fast policy.

U

Unlockable

I started with morning hematocrit being 50-52, he advised trying a blood donation but I wasn't too concerned yet. After the first 10 weeks I was at 55.4, hemoglobin at 18 and RBC in the 6's. He told me to retest because my albumin was high, so he suspected dehydration. I mentioned having slammed water for the couple of hours I had been awake leading up to the blood work, had plenty of cleaner urine, he said to try a CBC in the afternoon to see what it looks like after having more time to absorb water.

I did that recently and hematocrit was 52, hemoglobin and RBC normal. I also have ITP, so low platelets make the thicker blood less of a concern I believe. As of the 55 hematocrit blood work, he would not let me start nandrolone. He did say I can try every day injections as sometimes it helps. I switched from 3 day to EOD Last week

rustylwb

I’m new here so apologies if this is the wrong forum. I’m considering switching to Defy after 6 months on TRT at a local clinic. I’ve had elevated hemoglobin (high 17’s to low 18’s) and hematocrit (51-53%) most of the time I’ve been on TRT. But I was also on 180mg per week which is probably too much for me, so a month ago I dropped to 160mg. Blood donations help a bit but these numbers eventually creep back up. I’ve been drinking a gallon of water a day for a couple months now and it’s not helping much. Doing a sleep study soon to test for sleep apnea (my hemoglobin/hematocrit numbers were on the high end of the reference range before I started TRT).

My clinic isn’t too concerned with these numbers but Defy seems much more stringent; I believe in their initial paperwork it said they’ll pull you off TRT if your hematocrit goes above 51%. Is that true? If so, I’m wondering if this clinic will be a good fit for me. I’m concerned the only way I’ll get below 51% is by lowering my test dose so low I may as well not be on it. And I get a lot of conflicting info about the dangers of slightly elevated hematocrit/hemoglobin. Any insight into their management of these issues would be appreciated.
I have the same problem. My urologist took me off at 52. I did a lot of reading about how to get it down I found a research paper by Bayer AG in Switzerland. It showed that if you use gel you only have a 5% chance of your hematocrit going up. And a 60% chance if you inject. It also said their pellets were a low % I changed to gel about a year ago and it's Fixed my problem (I think I'll know even more new labs next wk).

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me