How should I start on shots?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Whatzup

I may start on shots because I am tired of applying the cream and to avoid contact with others at home.
Is 100mg of Cypionate a week a good place to start or is 50mg twice a week better to avoid peaks and lows and to avoid getting a high E2? My current SHBG is 15.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
M

MarkM

You have very low SHBG so one shot a week is probably not going to work very well for you. SHBG is what determines your protocol and low SHBG individuals normally need multiple injections per week of smaller doses to have success with TRT. That will also help keep E2 from getting too elevated. You should consider a protocol of every day or every other day.
As far as dose, 100 mg a week is a good starting point but without seeing any kind of labs it is hard to comment farther. When injecting smaller doses more frequently it usually takes less testosterone to have healthy levels.

I think moving away from creams is a good idea but moving to injections will take a different kind of commitment.

Best of luck in changing up your protocol. We are here to assist any way we can.

Whatzup

You have very low SHBG so one shot a week is probably not going to work very well for you. SHBG is what determines your protocol and low SHBG individuals normally need multiple injections per week of smaller doses to have success with TRT. That will also help keep E2 from getting too elevated. You should consider a protocol of every day or every other day.
As far as dose, 100 mg a week is a good starting point but without seeing any kind of labs it is hard to comment farther. When injecting smaller doses more frequently it usually takes less testosterone to have healthy levels.

I think moving away from creams is a good idea but moving to injections will take a different kind of commitment.

Best of luck in changing up your protocol. We are here to assist any way we can.
Man I was hoping to do once a week or at least twice a week to avoid so many sticks. It's not for a few months but lifetime you know.

Vince

Super Moderator
There's nothing wrong with trying once a week injections and see how you feel. If you like to you can do labs 6 to 12 weeks after starting your new protocol and see where you levels at. I believe most men who are on trt only do once weekly injections.

Whatzup

There's nothing wrong with trying once a week injections and see how you feel. If you like to you can do labs 6 to 12 weeks after starting your new protocol and see where you levels at. I believe most men who are on trt only do once weekly injections.
if I do 100mg once a week. How quickly will T drop before the next shot?

Vince

Super Moderator
It will take 6 weeks for your testosterone to level off, I like to wait a little longer just to make sure. Most members can't wait more than 6 weeks but honestly I prefer waiting 12 weeks but that's me.

Vince

Super Moderator
if I do 100mg once a week. How quickly will T drop before the next shot?
Because of your low shbg it will drop off more quickly then men with higher shbg. Don't be too concerned about how quickly it drops Let It level off and have labs.

Whatzup

Because of your low shbg it will drop off more quickly then men with higher shbg. Don't be too concerned about how quickly it drops Let It level off and have labs.
If I inject every Monday that means when I do labs I need to do it 2 to 3 days after the shot is given?
How does that work in knowing how high the T gets? Example if a inject on Monday's and test 3 days later it will be higher at that time vs if I check it 7 days later correct?

Whatzup

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks I read the comments but I'm not sure I'll be able to test 3 days straight. What's the correct protocol with a doctor's lab order for 6 weeks, test a week later or three days after the shot? Or are we saying I need to test twice in one week to really know what it's doing if it's weekly injections?
After your levels stabilize, you can if you wish check your high and low levels. I would check after 72 hours and then on injection day before injecting.

Whatzup

Well just got back from dr office. I'll be doing 50 mg twice a week. I never have done it before so the nurse injected the first dose today at the office. The 29 gauge 1 inch didn't hurt at all in the thigh. I'll do my second dose at home on Sunday. Wish me luck!

Systemlord

My SHBG is between 16-18 and 50mg twice didn't work very well for me, I didn't respond to TRT well until I started injecting smaller doses EOD, only 3 months later and my muscles are getting harder and energy is increasing.

In the beginning I didn't want to inject more than once a week either, we will do whatever we have to to feel normal again.

Whatzup

My SHBG is between 16-18 and 50mg twice didn't work very well for me, I didn't respond to TRT well until I started injecting smaller doses EOD, only 3 months later and my muscles are getting harder and energy is increasing.

In the beginning I didn't want to inject more than once a week either, we will do whatever we have to to feel normal again.
I will try the 50 mg twice a week for a few weeks and first see what the labs say before I make changes.

Whatzup

How does dosing from shots and compounded cream compare when it comes to dosing? If the shot is 100 mg you get 100 mg correct but if the cream is 100 mg you only absorb 10% or so. Does this mean you only absorbed 10 mg out of the 100 mg?

Vince

Super Moderator
How does dosing from shots and compounded cream compare when it comes to dosing? If the shot is 100 mg you get 100 mg correct but if the cream is 100 mg you only absorb 10% or so. Does this mean you only absorbed 10 mg out of the 100 mg?
You really can't compare the two, men absorb cream differently. You have a really good starting protocol and a good starting point to adjust from if necessary.

Whatzup

You really can't compare the two, men absorb cream differently. You have a really good starting protocol and a good starting point to adjust from if necessary.
Thank you. My doctor explained the shots have a higher risk for cardiovascular disease vs creams but on people that may already have possible cardiovascular issues like narrowing of the arteries. If this is the case how can one know you can safely start? I am 45 and have always had high cholesterol but take a statin. Yet no telling what is really happening aside from good overall labs.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thank you. My doctor explained the shots have a higher risk for cardiovascular disease vs creams but on people that may already have possible cardiovascular issues like narrowing of the arteries. If this is the case how can one know you can safely start? I am 45 and have always had high cholesterol but take a statin. Yet no telling what is really happening aside from good overall labs.
Testosterone and higher risk of coronary disease already have been proven wrong. Don't have fear of injections because of outdated and unproven studies.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me