How often should I be injecting with an SHBG in the mid/low 20s?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Neutrinova

My shbg has come up at 23 and 25 on separate tests.
I'd like to inject as infrequently as possible while still being stable.
How often should I be injecting?
Is every 3 days ok for my T and HCG?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

Your optimal injection frequency is different for everyone, with that said lower SHBG men tend to do better on more frequently than twice weekly. My SHBG is in low 20's and I do much better on EOD or more frequent.

What is your pre-TRT estrogen, Total T and Free T levels?

The answer to this question will dictate what injection frequency is likely the better choice.

Neutrinova

Your optimal injection frequency is different for everyone, with that said lower SHBG men tend to do better on more frequently than twice weekly. My SHBG is in low 20's and I do much better on EOD or more frequent.

What is your pre-TRT estrogen levels?

The answer to this question will dictate what injection frequency is likely the better choice.

Hi thank you for your reply, on 2 different tests prior to trt my test levels were 323 and 303 and my estradiol sensitive were 16 and 5. I can't remember my free testosterone number exactly but I remember it was exactly the same number as the "low" end of the range so it was technically normal.

Systemlord

Hi thank you for your reply, on 2 different tests prior to trt my test levels were 323 and 303 and my estradiol sensitive were 16 and 5.

You're welcome,

If you had stated those Total T levels and estrogen was high normal, I would have steered you away from an every 3 day protocol. I believe an every 3 day protocol may actually work well as long as you don't sail past high normal ranges.

The only thing that could change things is the rate at which you metabolize testosterone which is impossible for us to know at this point. This is my reason for not doing well on anything beyond an EOD protocol.

An every 3 day protocol (50-60mg) is more than reasonable place to start.

Neutrinova

You're welcome,

If you had stated those Total T levels and estrogen was high normal, I would have steered you away from an every 3 day protocol. I believe an every 3 day protocol may actually work well as long as you don't sail past high normal ranges.

The only thing that could change things is the rate at which you metabolize testosterone which is impossible for us to know at this point. This is my reason for not doing well on anything beyond an EOD protocol.

An every 3 day protocol (50-60mg) is more than reasonable place to start.

Thank you for your help!

Vince

Super Moderator
I agree, you should start with every 3 1/2 day injections. It seems to work best for most members. If you are having any issues after 12 weeks then I would consider more frequent injections.

Aki

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but it seems very relevant to my current situation..

My SHBG has steadily been falling ever since I stopped clomid several months ago (it had peaked at around 30). It was 21 when I had it tested yesterday (although I believe it would eventually have reached mid-teens). Total testosterone was 193 ng/dL, estradiol 25 pg/mL.

I have a thread I started recently here if anyone's interested.
I had my first sustanon-250 shot in the morning today (about 15 hours ago). The whole dose.

Ever since I had my shot today in the morning, I've been feeling progressively worse. Right now I feel absolutely rubbish, like I have a fever, and almost delirious.

Low SHBG guys - is that what you would expect if you took the whole sustanon-250 shot at one go? (Please don't talk about highs and troughs - like I said - I had my shot today and the plasma concentration would not even have peaked yet.)
It's not that I'm not feeling any positive effect, I'm feeling quite perceptibly ill.
Could it be due to rapidly rising estradiol? (I am planning to get it retested on Sunday)

@Systemlord you already replied to my post on the other; hope you (or anyone else) could weigh in here, especially in you had any thoughts on what options I had: (a) if I could only get access to sustanon-250 what could I do? Is it really feasible to split it into more than two doses?
(b) what else should I try to get my endo to look into?

Somehow I feel this is pertinent to re-mention here, and someone more knowledgeable than me would be able to extract something useful out of this: the only time I felt good (great, in fact; better than I had felt in over a decade) was when I started a small dose of danazol (50 mg EOD) along with the clomid (12.5 mg/day) that I had been taking for over a year. I almost immediately felt a marked improvement that lasted nearly two months, until it all came crashing down with my SHBG driven right down to mid-teens and all other hormones suppressed (testosterone, estradiol, LH, FSH; everything). My theory was the falling SHBG was releasing free T until it was driven too low and there was no more buffered up testosterone left, but I don't really know.

Really feeling a bit desperate atm guys, hoping to get some positive, actionable advice..

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me