How much test is being lost in a non-fixed needle syringe?

Buy Lab Tests Online

trtthings

I'm wondering because I'm using a non-fixed needle 1ml syringe with 27g needles.
You never push all of it out at once and I'm injecting 0.2ml at a time (40mg).

Does anyone know this? I buy the supplies for a couple of months for maybe 2$ max. The clinic I go to wants to sell fixed-needle syringes to me for about 120$ (not sure how much but I don't really care.. that's a lot for mark-up).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm wondering because I'm using a non-fixed needle 1ml syringe with 27g needles.

Does anyone know this? I buy the supplies for a couple of months for maybe 2$ max. The clinic I go to wants to sell fixed-needle syringes to me for about 120$ (not sure how much but I don't really care.. that's a lot for mark-up).

Blackhawk

insulin syringes are commonly priced at $10-15 per hundred.

rayrock1

the slip tip type of syringe wastes .035-.040 ml of fluid. If you draw from the vial and inject with the same needle attached, the amount you inject is what you registered on the syringe mark. The waste part is a constant variable. Using this syringe will allow you to change the needle if desired before injecting.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

As I stated before when it comes down to minimizing wasted medication low dead space fixed (permanently attached needle) insulin syringes are where it's at my man!

Screenshot (2696).png

Screenshot (2697).png

Screenshot (2693).png

Screenshot (2695).png

Screenshot (2694).png

madman

Super Moderator

Shameful.....hope they meant 10 boxes (100s) LOL!

jacb

Following on from Trtthings question ... the simple answer is it varies with different syringe and needle combinations. For example my BD 1mL syringes and Easy touch Luer-Lock 27G needles have 0.04mL Dead Space. You can inject an empty syringe and see what your combination has delivered.

Low Dead Space Syringes may help reduce the wastage:
Mfr = Henke Sass Wolf - No.8300018745 HSW HENKE-JECT® – three-part | HenkeSassWolf
Note:​
Robbie, Sales Support​
[email protected] Tel: 01603 336056​
www.ukmedi.co.uk Is trying to get stock of this item.​
  • Rays Inj/Light 1mL Luer-Lock Syringe
(They don’t say Low Dead Space – But picture shows an LDS Plunger?)​
  • Braun has the Omnifix 1mL =F Luer Lock Solo (Low Dead Space)
1mL box of 100 = #9167006V​
  • The only 0.5mL, Luer-Lock, Low Dead Space, Syringe I can find (available in Luer-Slip or Luer-Lock) is the Shanghai Eastern Medtech version.

If you know of any other 0.5mL, Luer-Lock, Low Dead Space Syringes and where to buy them, please let me know.

Last edited:

jacb

Information regarding TSK's Low Dead Space Luer Lock Needles can be found here LINK

Their LDS needle 30G x 13mm in a box of 100 is Part Number: LDS-30013I

TSK's online shop shows a price of €50 Euro's (Ex Tax) for a box of 100 30G x 13mm needles.

It seems you need a Low Dead Space Needle AND syringe to achieve the greatest savings.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Information regarding TSK's Low Dead Space Luer Lock Needles can be found here LINK

Their LDS needle 30G x 13mm in a box of 100 is Part Number: LDS-30013I

TSK's online shop shows a price of €50 Euro's for a box of 100 30G x 13mm needles.

It seems you need a Low Dead Space Needle AND syringe to achieve the greatest savings.

Why even waste your time with Luer-lock.

27-31G LDS insulin syringe fixed needle (various lengths) is all you need whether injecting strictly sub-q or shallow IM.

jacb

Why even waste your time with Luer-lock.

27-31G LDS insulin syringe fixed needle (various lengths) is all you need whether injecting strictly sub-q or shallow IM.
I started with the regular Easy Touch fixed needle Combinations .. But I seem to be wasting quite a lot of T'. It was Nelson who mentioned "Vial Adapters" in passing and that seemed to be something to explore. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any to buy online but by then I had purchased the Luer Lock combo.

What did become apparent is that there are more options with Luer Lock for Low Dead space syringe needle combinations. Eg TSK's Needles and HSW syringes. In fact you yourself posted a drawing above that showed this. Look at the label on last cross section, of your first slide.

Which fixed LDS Syringes do you use ... Easy Touch don't claim to make any.

One good thing about the Easy Touch combinations (even if they are not LDS) is that they go down to a syringe size of 0.3ml ... Perhaps this would be of interest to those pining daily? Here is their range of fixed needle combinations LINK

Why am I looking at this now? .. Yes you guessed it, I need to place a new order and I am considering my options. I have been using Easytouch Needles (27G x 1/2") and they are good (not LDS) ... but how would T Cyp be with a 29G, 30G or 31G needle? Maybe I will try 29G x 1/2".

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
I started with the regular Easy Touch fixed needle Combinations .. But I seem to be wasting quite a lot of T'. It was Nelson who mentioned "Vial Adapters" in passing and that seemed to be something to explore. Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any to buy online but by then I had purchased the Luer Lock combo.

What did become apparent is that there are more options with Luer Lock for Low Dead space syringe needle combinations. Eg TSK's Needles and HSW syringes. In fact you yourself posted a drawing above that showed this. Look at the label on last cross section, of your first slide.

Which fixed LDS Syringes do you use ... Easy Touch don't claim to make any.

One good thing about the Easy Touch combinations (even if they are not LDS) is that they go down to a syringe size of 0.3ml ... Perhaps this would be of interest to those pining daily? Here is their range of fixed needle combinations LINK

Why am I looking at this now? .. Yes you guessed it, I need to place a new order and I am considering my options. I have been using Easytouch Needles (27G x 1/2") and they are good (not LDS) ... but how would T Cyp be with a 29G, 30G or 31G needle? Maybe I will try 29G x 1/2".

Insulin syringes with a fixed needle are LDS.

Waste of any medication would be minimal.

I inject strictly sub-q.

I started off using the 1 ml (100 unit) BD insulin syringes 28 G x 1/2" (12.7MM) needle length.

Not too long before I switched to the .5 ml (50 unit) syringe same gauge/needle length.

Eventually went with the .5 ml (50 unit) 31G x 15/64" (6MM) needle length.

For anyone injecting strictly sub-q daily or EOD using a low volume of oil, I have recommended the .3ml (30 unit) 30-31G x 5/16" (8MM) or 15/64" (6MM) needle length.

madman

Super Moderator
Most commonly found in insulin and ‘tuberculin’ syringes. Permanently attached needles, also known as integral needles, reduce the amount of medication waste and allow accurate mixing of different medications into one syringe.
Screenshot (10804).png

jacb

Madman that is a great link .. thank you.

jacb

Most commonly found in insulin and ‘tuberculin’ syringes. Permanently attached needles, also known as integral needles, reduce the amount of medication waste and allow accurate mixing of different medications into one syringe.
View attachment 19624
Hmm …bit of a general statement… a little like “most cars are fast enough for the average user”.

It all depends on the actual syringes and needles being compared.

jacb

Madman having read your link, I had decided to try 29G x 12mm, 0.5mL with (ultra fine needles, BD, if available) for Test’ Cyp’ when using IM technique, twice per week. Like Nelson said, I don’t want to risk a finer needle breaking in a shoulder muscle.

However due to the fact that I wish to move to every other day (EOD) pining for reasons explained elsewhere. I plan to try 30G x 8mm, 0.3 mL with (Ultra Fine needles, BD, if available) and see how I get on with SubQ

I plan to buy a box of each and rotate injection sights and techniques. Ie employ IM and SubQ in a rotation .. the shoulders are a good injection sight for me But I don’t want to over do it.

I was happy with 27G x 12mm twice per week ….. but by almost doubling the number of jabs I will be having, I would like to reduce the size and try SubQ.

It seems that the draw time for 0.16 mL of Test’ Cyp’ isn’t really and issue even with Cotton Seed oil.

Thanks

madman

Super Moderator
Hmm …bit of a general statement… a little like “most cars are fast enough for the average user”.

It all depends on the actual syringes and needles being compared.

Of course but even then when using a 27-31G insulin syringe (fixed needle) any waste of medication would be minimal.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me