How many of you are on thyroid meds?

Buy Lab Tests Online

trtthings

And what made you take the leap? Classic low TSH/T4 or T3? I see some of you are having reverse T3 measured which I believe isn't standard practice.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Ardoc2

I am taking Cytomel (T3) at 10mcg/day (5mcg early morning and 5mcg early afternoon). Started due to lowish T3 and over-range rT3.
This amount improves how I feel without significantly suppressing my endogenous production by any significant amount. My rT3 has come well into range and my TSH and T4 have slightly lowered but are still at good levels.

Ardoc2

The improvement was in better sleep, reduction in joint pain, improvement of brain fog, more tolerance to temperature variations and much better digestion/motility.

--------------BEFORE CYTOMEL--------------RANGE--------------AFTER
TSH-------------------1.55-------------------.32 - 4.0 mIU/L------------0.8
FT3--------------------2.9--------------------3.1 - 6.2 pmol/L-----------3.7
FT4---------------------15----------------------9 - 19 pmol/L------------12
rT3---------------------29----------------------8 - 25 ng/dL--------------17

I have only tested before taking my first T3 dose for the day so I haven't seen what the T3 peak level was (will be testing after the first dose soon to determine that), and since it has a short half life the number above is likely significantly lower than peak, the number above would essentially be the trough level.

trtthings

The improvement was in better sleep, reduction in joint pain, improvement of brain fog, more tolerance to temperature variations and much better digestion/motility.

I have only tested before taking my first T3 dose for the day so I haven't seen what the T3 peak level was (will be testing after the first dose soon to determine that), and since it has a short half life the number above is likely significantly lower than peak, the number above would essentially be the trough level.

Interesting, I need improvements in all those areas. Get cold really easily but also can get way too warm. Sleep severely disrupted, bad brain fog and bad digestion.

Was about to remark on the level.. isn't there an extended release T3 available? I suppose this is working well for you though.

Edit: Do you mind elaborating on your digestive symptoms a bit?

trtthings

That said I've measured my FT3 a while back (probably peak - apparently it peaks in the morning) at 4 pmol/l with a FT4 of 13.8 pmol/l and TSH of 2.7

So maybe it's not something that would help me but I'm still curious.

Sean Mosher

Personally am on 1grain of Armour twice daily plus 10mcg T3 twice daily.
I don't remember my initial lab work from a few years back, but TSH wasn't horrible, T3 was low, T4 was low and RT3 was high.

Was on TCypionate at the time plus hCG which helped, but did not get full symptom resolution.
This put me over the top and for the first time I reached full optimization.

trtthings

Personally am on 1grain of Armour twice daily plus 10mcg T3 twice daily.
I don't remember my initial lab work from a few years back, but TSH wasn't horrible, T3 was low, T4 was low and RT3 was high.

Was on TCypionate at the time plus hCG which helped, but did not get full symptom resolution.
This put me over the top and for the first time I reached full optimization.

By low do you mean under the reference range? And what symptoms improved? Really helpful to hear btw, thank you.

Ardoc2

Interesting, I need improvements in all those areas. Get cold really easily but also can get way too warm. Sleep severely disrupted, bad brain fog and bad digestion.

Was about to remark on the level.. isn't there an extended release T3 available? I suppose this is working well for you though.

Edit: Do you mind elaborating on your digestive symptoms a bit?
The digestive improvement was actually a nice surprise. I have dealt with IBS for all of my life and i came to accept that is just “how I am” but after a short time taking the T3, my digestion/motility became what I believe most people experience. Not normal for me but what I’ve always thought normal to be. IBS for me was always being gassy, switching back and forth between constipation and diarrhea and rarely ever being regular. I still have the occasional bout of one or the other but I can usually explain it by my actions leading up to it (self-inflicted;)

trtthings

The digestive improvement was actually a nice surprise. I have dealt with IBS for all of my life and i came to accept that is just “how I am” but after a short time taking the T3, my digestion/motility became what I believe most people experience. Not normal for me but what I’ve always thought normal to be. IBS for me was always being gassy, switching back and forth between constipation and diarrhea and rarely ever being regular. I still have the occasional bout of one or the other but I can usually explain it by my actions leading up to it (self-inflicted;)

That's amazing. I'll definitely get T3 checked again at some point. Though even your number is just barely within range at the lab I went to. The range there is 2.8+. And amazing that it's not causing any suppression for you as well.

Vvs1

Any increase to SHBG, if it was tested?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I am taking Cytomel (T3) at 10mcg/day (5mcg early morning and 5mcg early afternoon). Started due to lowish T3 and over-range rT3.
This amount improves how I feel without significantly suppressing my endogenous production by any significant amount. My rT3 has come well into range and my TSH and T4 have slightly lowered but are still at good levels.
I have a nearly identical situation, also taking 10 mcg liothyronine daily.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Did you test T3 outside the reference range?
No, just lowish, and rT3 at top-of-range. With elevated rT3 you're supposed to try to identify an underlying cause, but none of the standard conditions seems likely in my situation. Intestinal issues are mentioned as one potential reason, which may be the link in Ardoc2's case.

trtthings

@Vince @Cataceous

Given that rT3 is high-ish or T3 somewhat low (albeit fluctuating). How much T3 is reasonable to take without inducing much suppression? Say you have a 25mcg tablet, cutting it to 10mcg seems like a bit of a pain, but is 10mcg reasonable?

Vince

Super Moderator
@Vince @Cataceous

Given that rT3 is high-ish or T3 somewhat low (albeit fluctuating). How much T3 is reasonable to take without inducing much suppression? Say you have a 25mcg tablet, cutting it to 10mcg seems like a bit of a pain, but is 10mcg reasonable?
Reliable RX sells a nice T3 pill, that’s easy to cut into quarters. That’s what I buy. It’s 25 mcg, I wouldn’t go higher than 6.25 mcg twice a day. Make sure you take care on an empty stomach and no food or liquid besides water for one hour. It’s really hard for it to digest. Like thyroid meds.

The price is $42 for 100 pills.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
@Vince @Cataceous

I would start with the 6.25 mcg dose first thing in the morning. That might be enough. If not then 12.5 mcg is still reasonable. I have alternated between 5 and 10 mcg at various times. I guess due to fluctuations in natural levels, sometimes 10 mcg feels like too much.

Last edited:

trtthings

I would start with the 6.25 mcg dose first thing in the morning. That might be enough. If not then 12.5 mcg is still reasonable. I have alternated between 5 and 10 mcg at various time. I guess due to fluctuations in natural levels, sometimes 10 mcg feels like too much.

Do you get agitated/irritable with too much? And does it impact your mood in any other way?

Tbh I'm mostly thinking about brain fog. But at points these days, with TRT, I get emotional until I'm on the verge of crying out of nowhere. Sometimes after sex, sometimes exercise, sometimes it's like it's fixed with food.

Lowering E2 seems to help to an extent. So my primary theories for the emotional mood is high E2, or spikes in prolactin, or thyroid hormones (hypothyroidism actually has mood swings as a known side effect). Another thing I get is bad brain fog but it's not necessarily on the same days as the emotional thing.

And killing E2 seems to kill the brain fog.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me