How many of you are on diuretics for water retention on TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Omi7276

I have been using this for over a year. It is a weak diuretic (potassium sparing but not as effective for losing water weight as Hydrochlorothiazide).

Limiting intake of sweets and alcohol really helps me to keep water retention at bay.
Evene
Yes. I have been on it for a year or so now (amiloride twice per day). Helps with water retention. I added a calcium channel blocker one per day also (Norvasc) to bring my BP down some more to 120's over 80's
Even amiloride causes sexual dysfunction/libido issues. Mentioned on many websites .

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Willyt

Me too! Take 40mg Test Prop daily and have zero bloat, slight water retention. No AI's and just had Hemo and Hematocrit done last week. All good! I do SQ injections with an insulin syringe. Messed with Enanthate, Cyp amd find daily NIGHTTIME injections of prop great. Sleep well, good hard on, good mood. Just get tired sometimes bevause I live in a hot country. Will check my test levels and E2 in two weeks. May've gone off topic but I'm new here lol
There are many anecdotal accounts here and elsewhere that prop results in far less water retention than cyp/enan. That was certainly the case for me. It was like night and day.

I am on nebivolol which reduces aldosterone. Water retention much better on just 1,25 mg ( quarter of the pill).
I also control my estrogen with Adex. The problem is my libido is way better when my estrogen is a bit higher, but then I get water problems. That's why I am considering taking telmistartan since it's a angiotensin blocker hence less water retention. Anybody experience with it?

@Nelson Vergel are you still using amiloride? Is it good for long term use and regarding to losing water. Would you say it's superior to telmistartan in combination with nebivolol?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
@Nelson Vergel are you still using amiloride? Is it good for long term use and regarding to losing water. Would you say it's superior to telmistartan in combination with nebivolol?

Yes.

Amiloride is a diuretic that helps prevent your body from losing too much potassium. It reduces the amount of water in the body by increasing the flow of urine, which helps lower blood pressure. You can take this mild diuretic with other blood pressure meds like nebivolol. I take it once a day (5 mg), twice or three times a week, in conjunction with amlodipine 50 mg QD. It works great and I am not bloated at all.
Stop messing with anastrozole. That drug has no diuretic properties at all! And it can kill your libido and penis sensitivity. Water retention is linked to the TRT or steroid-related decreased sodium excretion in the kidneys. The body compensates by holding on to water to dilute the sodium. A low-dose potassium-sparing diuretic can decrease water retention and sodium levels in the blood. You should also avoid huge insulin spikes created by sweets and certain alcoholic drinks since insulin can also add to the water retention issue.

It seems 400 IU D3 has strong diuretic effect on me, too strong!
Is that vitamin d? I am already supplementing it. Thank you.
Yes.

Amiloride is a diuretic that helps prevent your body from losing too much potassium. It reduces the amount of water in the body by increasing the flow of urine, which helps lower blood pressure. You can take this mild diuretic with other blood pressure meds like nebivolol. I take it once a day (5 mg), twice or three times a week, in conjunction with amlodipine 50 mg QD. It works great and I am not bloated at all.
Stop messing with anastrozole. That drug has no diuretic properties at all! And it can kill your libido and penis sensitivity. Water retention is linked to the TRT or steroid-related decreased sodium excretion in the kidneys. The body compensates by holding on to water to dilute the sodium. A low-dose potassium-sparing diuretic can decrease water retention and sodium levels in the blood. You should also avoid huge insulin spikes created by sweets and certain alcoholic drinks since insulin can also add to the water retention issue.

Wow! Thank you @Nelson Vergel
Since amiloride is potassium sparing,should I stop supplementing potassium and eat less potassium rich foods?
5 mg twice or thrice weekly would be enough to be "waterless' the whole week? It has short half life doesn't it?
What is the difference between this one and eplerenone? Less side effects?

Actually my blood pressure is always on point without meds. The only reason why I am considering taking BP meds is to get rid of that extra water..

Even tho I take nebivolol for it's longevity purposes it's already putting my BP to 90/60 and my pulse when I wake up is 60.
That's great so far...now if I add Amiloride to it would it reduces my already low BP?

Sorry for this many questions but it's hard to find people who use these drugs in a responsible way and most guys in my circuit eat lasix like there no tomorrow.

Last edited:
Yes.

Could going keto help with this? When you go keto your body gets rid of water and electrolytes. Maybe men in TRT need to go keto.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me