How long till levels reach optimum?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I know this is a pretty broad question, and thats why Im not looking for a exact answer. I started TRT about 2 weeks ago, or maybe 3 now. I've notied the effects this last week, and I wish I would have started it sooner. I guess my question is, how long before I see a increase in my testosterone levels on my labs? I know labs are not a major thing, and it really boils down to how you feel.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Sean Mosher

Depends a lot upon the quality of your doctor, the protocol he/she works out with you and adherance.
Some guys as soon as 3 months.
Tougher cases can be 12 months.

Everyone around here will tell you:
It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Start low and go slow.
Don't add in too many variables all at once in the beginning.
You need to see how your body reacts and know for certain what exactly is doing what.

CoastWatcher

Depends a lot upon the quality of your doctor, the protocol he/she works out with you and adherance.
Some guys as soon as 3 months.
Tougher cases can be 12 months.

Everyone around here will tell you:
It's a marathon, not a sprint.
Start low and go slow.
Don't add in too many variables all at once in the beginning.
You need to see how your body reacts and know for certain what exactly is doing what.
I would correct one of your statements. Labs certainly ARE a major thing, but they must be interpreted in light of subjective response. A TRT protocol without proper labwork is like driving across the country at night without headlights. You may be going in the right direction, but you have no way to confirm that.

madman

Super Moderator
I would correct one of your statements. Labs certainly ARE a major thing, but they must be interpreted in light of subjective response. A TRT protocol without proper labwork is like driving across the country at night without headlights. You may be going in the right direction, but you have no way to confirm that.

Hope to god most would not take lab work for granted!

madman

Super Moderator
I know this is a pretty broad question, and thats why Im not looking for a exact answer. I started TRT about 2 weeks ago, or maybe 3 now. I've notied the effects this last week, and I wish I would have started it sooner. I guess my question is, how long before I see a increase in my testosterone levels on my labs? I know labs are not a major thing, and it really boils down to how you feel.

Not to put a damper on your spirits but you are most likely experiencing the honeymoon phase and it is common to experience this short lived bliss when starting trt as not only are you injecting exogenous testosterone but your hpta is not fully shut down yet.

Your hormones are in flux as you just started 2-3 weeks ago and it will take 6 weeks for blood levels to stabilize than you can get blood work done to see how said protocol (dose of T/injection frequency) effects your TT/FT/DHT and e2 levels along with overall health markers.

As far as when one feels optimal it depends on the individual/protocol and many other factors (having hormones in a healthy range/balance) and one can experience a bumpy road along the way experiencing ups/downs until one feels optimal which could take months for some or many months for others.

I would say when first starting trt 3--->6--->12 months can be what lies ahead until one finds an effective protocol.

Sorry Madman, I just came across this thread and I agree with you 100%..labs are just as important as symptoms or how you feel..I started TRT 1 year ago at 50 mg every 3.5 days..I felt great for the first 3-4 months (total t around 700 at trough) then started to feel horrible..labs showed my tt test levels dropped to 500..it hovered between 480 and 520 for a few months.It was now close to where I was when I first started TRT at around tt of 380-400 range.My doctor told me that this can happen as you body adjusts to the treatment..so about 3 months ago we changed my dosing to the same protocol but with an increased TRT dose of 35 mg.

I felt great but my labs at trough came back showing really high numbers. See recent levels below:

1566080911099.png

I feel great with no side effects at all..so we are now changing my protocol to 30 mg every 3.5 days..so labs and symptoms/feelings can go hand in hand..just because I feel great at these levels without any frequent bloodwork/labs being done Theses high numbers could cause me problems in the long run..because the body is not used to being at theses high levels all the time..

I’m lucky at this time my shbg, hematocrit (45%) and my estrogen have always been at good levels, even with T levels this high but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t start to effect everything else eventually?

So now my doc is trying to use labs and symptoms to get me at an optimal level that works within the 800-900 range at trough..

We will see how everything goes!

So labs are also important when working with your doctor to make sure everything is working symbiotically..

Thanks again Madman!

it's not years but months..TRT will definitely have an effect but wether its positive or negative depends on many factors, including labs and the competency of your doctor..

TLR

I saw a podcast with Dr Kominiarek a few days ago and he said TRT doesn't work for everybody and he can put guys in one of 4 categories: one, they feel great and its the best thing they've ever done; two, they feel subtly better; three, they don't feel anything from it; four, they feel worse and have a bad reaction and side effects that are intolerable. One thing I like about him was his honesty in admitting no one knows why this happens, and he speculates it is related to genetic issues that we haven't come to understand yet.

I saw a podcast with Dr Kominiarek a few days ago and he said TRT doesn't work for everybody and he can put guys in one of 4 categories: one, they feel great and its the best thing they've ever done; two, they feel subtly better; three, they don't feel anything from it; four, they feel worse and have a bad reaction and side effects that are intolerable. One thing I like about him was his honesty in admitting no one knows why this happens, and he speculates it is related to genetic issues that we haven't come to understand yet.

Basically the same thing Dr Saya told me, and I appreciated the honesty. Also made me feel like I'm working with someone who has seen it not go well, and would know what to do or when to pull the plug.

Prior to TRT I had endos try me on cabergoline 5x and they refused to give up or try something else (except bromocriptine). Even worse they chalked my side effects up as being in my head - being angry on a DA is definitely not unheard of.

TLR

Basically the same thing Dr Saya told me, and I appreciated the honesty. Also made me feel like I'm working with someone who has seen it not go well, and would know what to do or when to pull the plug.

Prior to TRT I had endos try me on cabergoline 5x and they refused to give up or try something else (except bromocriptine). Even worse they chalked my side effects up as being in my head - being angry on a DA is definitely not unheard of.
Makes me wish I would have started with someone other than a family doc ten years ago......

Vince

Super Moderator
You should be good in 6 weeks to do labs. I usually like to wait 12 weeks, that's when I start feeling the effects of my new protocol. When I first started trt, about 5 years ago. I waited 12 weeks before I did my first set of Labs. Now I do them every 6 months.

Hey Vince what is your TT showing at? Mine, at trough, came back at 1000, with no sides and I feel the best I’ve felt since starting TRT.. all other bloodwork is in range..I’m taking 70 mg every 3.5 days and bloodwork is drawn on day 3 prior to injection..the doc wants my numbers at trough down to 600-650 at trough..the reason we raised my dose after 7 months was my trough at 50 mg every 3.5 days was 550-575 and I still wasn’t feeling that great, considering I started TRT with a level of 380..unfortunately, our labs in Canada have a normal range of around 270 - 900..so anything over the range is a problem for him..

Regards,

Mark

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale