How long does it take for hematocrit to lower after reducing dose?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Stanfoo

Anyone had any experience with reducing their TRT dose to lower their hematocrit? Wondering how long it takes for hematocrit to balance out after you lower your dose.

Red blood cell lives for 120 days, so in theory it'd take at least 4 months?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
No one can say. the only part that of lowering or seeing some stability seems to have much more to do with long term stability of the dose youre using assuming too that there's a basic break point of the dose being too high to begin with.

Pringle

After 4ish years, my HCT has never stabilized. I donate 4 or so times a year to keep below 54. I have tried daily, EOD, E3.5D....same result. I have been as high as 120mg week to a low of 80mg a week.....still my HCT and HGB continue to increase after phlebotomy. I have settled on E3.5D injections of 50mg and just realize I am going to have to do a phlebotomy periodically. Hope you find a different result.

Codster951

After 4ish years, my HCT has never stabilized. I donate 4 or so times a year to keep below 54. I have tried daily, EOD, E3.5D....same result. I have been as high as 120mg week to a low of 80mg a week.....still my HCT and HGB continue to increase after phlebotomy. I have settled on E3.5D injections of 50mg and just realize I am going to have to do a phlebotomy periodically. Hope you find a different result.
I have this same problem and also have high BP because of it, now I’m on BP meds at 34yr old and still donating to lower HCT. I’m at my breaking point with TRT

M.J

I have this same problem and also have high BP because of it, now I’m on BP meds at 34yr old and still donating to lower HCT. I’m at my breaking point with TRT
Guys if you donating most likely ferritin is low and will cause high BP, watch out for that. Maybe you don’t need any meds but fix your ferritin.

I crashed my ferritin after one donation and monthly blood test. Donating 4 times is highly likely to decrease ferritin which will cause high BP and sleeping problems.

HealthMan

Anyone had any experience with reducing their TRT dose to lower their hematocrit? Wondering how long it takes for hematocrit to balance out after you lower your dose.

In my experience once you reach a dose that your body will “slow down” RBC production (this dose will be different for everyone) in a month or so I saw a reduction in HCT. RBC lifespan is roughly 120 days but that doesn’t mean it will take that long to start to see result. The “die rate” will be the same but the new RBC rate will be lower. So you should start to see results before 120 days (remember your body is constantly producing RBCs and they are constantly “dying”. So the body is constantly replacing them but now the replacement rate is lower) The most important thing for you is to find at what dose your RBC production will slow down enough to lower HCT. For the that is 100mg a week of Test Cyp. If i go 110mg a week HCT goes back up. Unfortunately for some people the testosterone dose to control HCT will be too low to provide any relief in symptoms.

Last edited:

Blackhawk

Yes, for me it took 4-6 months to finally stabilize at a lower level. I could not just donate more due to low ferritin.

HealthMan

Just to add to this. Dropped my dosage from 100mg Testosterone Cypionate + 80mg Nandrolone Decanoate to 60mg Testosterone Cypionate + 40mg Nandrolone Decanoate and my hematocrit dropped from 56.1 to 52.7 in 6 weeks. Hemoglobin dropped from 19.1 to 17.7.

Match

Eu, ao contrario, queria aumentar o Hematocrito, mas está dificil. Somente 40
Nao faço TRT e nem queria faze-lo.
TT 637 não seria suficiente para aumentar um pouco além de 40?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me