How long after donating blood before changes in HCT and Ferritin is noticed on blood work

Buy Lab Tests Online
U

Unlockable

Going to try to donate for the first time ever tomorrow, am curious how long before I should notice changes in my red blood cell counts and ferritin levels on blood work?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Systemlord

My endo always tells me to do blood work 5 days after a therapeutic phlebotomy. I do them about every 6 weeks.

I usually get a hemoglobin levels of 17.5 and hematocrit of 51% after the therapeutic phlebotomy. I'm at a hemoglobin of 19.2 and hematocrit of 57% before therapeutic phlebotomy.

Last edited:
U

Unlockable

My endo always tells me to do blood work 5 days after a therapeutic phlebotomy. I do them about every 6 weeks.

I usually bottom out at a hemoglobin at 17.5 and hematocrit 55% and usually at the therapeutic phlebotomy I'm at a hemoglobin of 19.2 and hematocrit of 57%.
So you only drop about 2 points?

U

Unlockable

Yes, but hematocrit drops 6%, the 55% after blood phlebotomy is a typo. My hematocrit is 51% after a phlebotomy.
Okay, I was about to say that's a lot of work for not much of a hematocrit drop lol. I imagine if I stop eating steak every day I can get it down some too

Systemlord

I'm running around 1000 ng/dL at peak or 2 hours after my morning dose, 715 ng/dL 4 hours after and 287 nd/dL at 12 hours.

It starts all over at 8 p.m because I dose Jatenzo 237mg twice daily.

I also have to supplement 140mg of iron daily.

nodoctor

I was being sarcastic. Totally agree with you systemlord. Science, data, and measurable results are of utmost importance. I ate tons of meat when it seemed like the right thing. I'm unaware of anyone that hasn't had vastly improved labs with even better results on a whole-food plant based diet--plus it's undeniable that meat hurts the environmental and the animals getting slaughtered. Sorry for getting off topic. 100 out of 100 doctors would agree labs will improve on a whole-food plant based diet as long as vit B through nutritional yeast and other similar common sense measured are taken. Would love to hear if this actually helps if you try it.

I am surprised you're on Jatenzo but probably because I'm not studied on your motivation and underlying issues. I've tried creams but generally felt the risk/reward with injectables were far better than orals.

Systemlord

I am surprised you're on Jatenzo but probably because I'm not studied on your motivation and underlying issues.
The key is the half-life, I can only be on form of TRT where the half-life is measured in hours, not days.

It took me 4 years to figure this out. The cream was only good for 3 hours, then bottomed out at 86 ng/dL.

GreenMachineX

I usually get a hemoglobin levels of 17.5 and hematocrit of 51% after the therapeutic phlebotomy. I'm at a hemoglobin of 19.2 and hematocrit of 57% before therapeutic phlebotomy.
Every 6 weeks you donate you're hct is 57??? Do you not get symptoms?

Systemlord

Every 6 weeks you donate you're hct is 57???
Every 2 months phlebotomies, yes hematocrit 57% and hemoglobin 19.2. I run a bit high on the blood parameters on TRT, when I was on injections, with a Total T at 450 ng/dL (low SHBG) my hematocrit was 52%.

Do you not get symptoms?
I feel fatigue for a day, cold fingers and diabetes management is affected for a few days.

The hematocrit after phlebotomies is 51% and hemoglobin 17.5. I take 140mg iron daily for almost a year now with no signs I will be able to stop supplementing. If I even miss one dose of iron, I start to have problems that day!

My ferritin is around 100 a week after getting the phlebotomies.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator
Going to try to donate for the first time ever tomorrow, am curious how long before I should notice changes in my red blood cell counts and ferritin levels on blood work?

Need to look at your protocol (dose T/injection frequency) let alone where trough FT sits.

Post labs SHBG trough TT, FT, estradiol let alone RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

Most would avoid donating unless hematocrit gets too high and you are experiencing symptoms.

Most doctors would recommend donating once hematocrit hits 54%.

Need to keep in mind that you are walking a fine line when it comes to trying to manage elevated RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit as it is common for many to end up crashing iron/ferritin which can cause numerous issues.

Most are struggling due to running too high a trough FT.

GreenMachineX

I'm running around 1000 ng/dL at peak or 2 hours after my morning dose, 715 ng/dL 4 hours after and 287 nd/dL at 12 hours.

It starts all over at 8 p.m because I dose Jatenzo 237mg twice daily.

I also have to supplement 140mg of iron daily.
I just saw this. Did you clear test cyp super fast too?

U

Unlockable

Did you ever donate?
Yes, morning blood markers did not go down much at all. However, I had been high Am before and only slightly high PM hct with normal RBC and hemoglobin before. Didnt check PM numbers after donation. I drink A LOT of water before going in, but must not be absorbing it, may try to add some pink salt before morning bloods next time

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me