How (I think) I was able to control my Hematocrit and High Iron

Buy Lab Tests Online

HealthMan

I read an older thread of yours where you tried EOD dosing, and your HCT skyrocketed (Probably a 3 or 4 year old thread now)

are you back to every 3.5 day dosing? That didn't fix your HCT issues?
Back to 3.5D. It improved but was still having high serum iron issues. Only after adopting this supplement protocol my issues were completely resolved. I have recently added nandrolone to my protocol so lets see if things stay under control

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
I take feedback from multiple sources, then come to a conclusion (as everyone should). Your responses alone aren't conclusive.

So true but again you were only 1 week into your new protocol (EOD) and ready to bail as you were already asking others about protocols/doses.

You are not understanding how this works.

You made the decision to switch from twice weekly to EOD and you need to accept that and stick with it until blood levels stabilize then have labs done.

Although it is essential to get as much feedback as possible you are all over the place worrying about this that and the other.

Trust me when I tell you that what FT level you run will have the biggest impact on driving up your RBCs/hemoglobin/hematocrit.

Again your hematocrit is not that high as of now and that is with a higher FT level on the previous protocol (twice-weekly).

Judging from all your post you seem like one who sways easily.

If you are not willing to give a protocol a fighting chance then you will only end up chasing your tail endlessly!

jpizzuli

This is my experience after studying and dealing with high hematocrit due to TRT. It worked for me maybe it might work for others.

Me like many users here had the problem of high hematocrit and the need for frequent blood donations and dealing with low ferritin. I tried everything and nothing really worked other than drastically reducing my testosterone dosage.
It is well known that exogenous testosterone reduces hepcidin an iron regulatory hormone. And frequent blood donations also further reduce hepcidin levels adding to the problem. In my case my serum iron levels and iron saturation also got really high. So I always speculate that the lower hepcidin was behind - at least partially - the increase in hematocrit in TRT users. Recently I found one study supporting this and other studies pointing to the same direction. I am not suggesting that TRT patients with high HcT have PV. I am just saying that In PV / hemochromatosis hepcidin levels are suppressed. (i also found a study on mice showing that hepcidin is not essential in mediating testosterone’s effect on erythropoiesis):

So I tried to find ways to lower my serum iron and iron absorption in order to compensate for the lower hepcidin levels (ideally one would inject hepcidin but this is not available) So i came up with the following protocol after a lot of research and trial and error:

2 IP6 Jarrow on very empty stomach
1 Lactoferrin Jarrow on very empty stomach
1 Curcumin Sports Research
1 Zinc balance Jarrow
1 Baby aspirin

All taken daily.

I saw results in a couple of months and maintained now for a couple of years.

Before:

Average HCT: 51-52% that donating blood (normal range 37.5-51)
Average Serum iron: 160-232 (normal range 38-169)
Iron Saturation: 50-80 (normal range 15-55)

After:

Average HCT: 48-49% not donating any blood (normal range 37.5-51) H
Average Serum iron: 64-85 (normal range 38-169)
Average Iron Saturation: 18-25 (normal range 15-55)

From my experience what really helped here was mainly Lactoferrin (Apolactoferrin), IP6 and potentially aspirin (that cause small bleeding and might aid in reducing both iron and HCT slightly).

Difference in serum iron and iron saturation was shocking. And this after years of issues with high iron / iron saturation. Ferritin now is back to 100 handle.

it has been a couple of years under this protocol and HCT iron ferritin etc all look great and no more blood donations.
What's your trt protocol?

SkiDaddy

I was taking IP-6 trying to keep hemoglobin/hematocrit in check.
It seems to work for that, BUT and a Big But, My Iron and Ferratin crashed after a month or two. I am now trying to get them back. May not affect everyone the same way, just keep an eye out if you takeit.

Saul

Lactoferritin is interesting because it helps absorption, but then other studies says it chelates. I need to research this more. I have HH and while ferritin is easy to stay on top of, saturation in serum iron is really a struggle and unhealthy when high. I am unsure how lactoferritin will help as a supplement to reduce iron. Even the Jarrow bottle indicates is it for increasing iron absorption

Systemlord

Doctor advises to due high hemoglobin and hematocrit. To reduce blood thickness bad to reduce chance of a heart attack or stroke.
A small elevation, depending on the patient may be harmless, a big elevation is another story. My hematologist isn’t concerned with my high hematocrit and high hemoglobin, 53% and 18.4 without symptoms.

Make sure you’re listening to the appropriate doctor so you can get the correct information.

Stroke-Related Mortality at Different Altitudes: A 17-Year Nationwide Population-Based Analysis From Ecuador.

Last edited:

jayt

This is my experience after studying and dealing with high hematocrit due to TRT. It worked for me maybe it might work for others.

Me like many users here had the problem of high hematocrit and the need for frequent blood donations and dealing with low ferritin. I tried everything and nothing really worked other than drastically reducing my testosterone dosage.
It is well known that exogenous testosterone reduces hepcidin an iron regulatory hormone. And frequent blood donations also further reduce hepcidin levels adding to the problem. In my case my serum iron levels and iron saturation also got really high. So I always speculate that the lower hepcidin was behind - at least partially - the increase in hematocrit in TRT users. Recently I found one study supporting this and other studies pointing to the same direction. I am not suggesting that TRT patients with high HcT have PV. I am just saying that In PV / hemochromatosis hepcidin levels are suppressed. (i also found a study on mice showing that hepcidin is not essential in mediating testosterone’s effect on erythropoiesis):

So I tried to find ways to lower my serum iron and iron absorption in order to compensate for the lower hepcidin levels (ideally one would inject hepcidin but this is not available) So i came up with the following protocol after a lot of research and trial and error:

2 IP6 Jarrow on very empty stomach
1 Lactoferrin Jarrow on very empty stomach
1 Curcumin Sports Research
1 Zinc balance Jarrow
1 Baby aspirin

All taken daily.

I saw results in a couple of months and maintained now for a couple of years.

Before:

Average HCT: 51-52% that donating blood (normal range 37.5-51)
Average Serum iron: 160-232 (normal range 38-169)
Iron Saturation: 50-80 (normal range 15-55)

After:

Average HCT: 48-49% not donating any blood (normal range 37.5-51) H
Average Serum iron: 64-85 (normal range 38-169)
Average Iron Saturation: 18-25 (normal range 15-55)

From my experience what really helped here was mainly Lactoferrin (Apolactoferrin), IP6 and potentially aspirin (that cause small bleeding and might aid in reducing both iron and HCT slightly).

Difference in serum iron and iron saturation was shocking. And this after years of issues with high iron / iron saturation. Ferritin now is back to 100 handle.
very easy.... go to bllod bank and donate every month.... 1. it will lower your hemoglobin and iron and 2. you will feel great, its like a flush for the male body...

With more and more folks on TRT these days world wide and only growing, Science needs to address this and find a safe drug/supplement that safely lowers a persons' RBC, hemoglobin and hematocrit levels if required. Venting... but also speaking the truth for soo soo soo many others. I know so many folks in the same situation. Many just dont talk about it.

Very interested in this and thanks for sharing @HealthMan. I have tried every regimen and T dosage and Still have to phlebotomy every 2 months for last several years. Low ferritin is a major concern for me due to phlebotomy schedule. The only way my HCt lowered to acceptable range, was lowering T dose to a point I had low T symptoms again. Ordered the IP6 and lactoferrin today. Already on aspirin regimen, zinc, copper, and curcumin. We will see how it goes!
Hi. Following up. Did you have any success controlling your hematocrit. Iam in the exact same situation as you. Keep lowering dose and it sucks.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me