How can I manage E2- estradiol without the sensitive lab test?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fisher

I live in a part of the world where mass spectrometer testing of blood samples is very rare, only in the top research labs.

All my TRT has been based for years on the only test available here- immunoassay. I have recently read in the stickies here is not a reliable test for men. My doctors had no idea of course:confused:

I looked into shipping frozen samples internationally, and cost was really high, over 400 dollars per sample, plus lots of paperwork.

So, looking for ideas on managing TRT with the less accurate lab test. I can get the ultra-sensitive one done once a year while on holiday. Can a ratio of results be guessed from sensitive vs standard? Any other ideas?

Shooting in the dark here...

Thanks in advance

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Inject daily Testosterone may be the best way. Some more experienced HRT users may feel that they can do it by how they feel, too, but requires lots of time and a steady protocol and self-awareness.

Fisher

I think I remember reading that higher frequency T injections cause much less aromatization. Is that your thinking Vince?

May need to switch to sub-q if trying that route

I think I remember reading that higher frequency T injections cause much less aromatization. Is that your thinking Vince?

May need to switch to sub-q if trying that route

The premise is you inject less, daily, with less chance of any being excess for aromatization. But daily can/could have a fatigue for some men, you get weary off injecting yourself day after day after day...and so on. It takes some added discipline to stick with it.

I live in a part of the world where mass spectrometer testing of blood samples is very rare, only in the top research labs.

Post up any labs that you have. Something is better than nothing.

Even though the regular E2 test is the wrong one for men, it's something to look at when comparing all the other results of your blood work. Total Test, Free Test, SHBG, E2, CBC, CMP, lipids, are a good start. If you have any thyroid numbers, those would be great too.

Fisher

Thanks for your suggestion Vince. It seems worth a try to go every day if that simplifies E2 management.

For over 20 years, I have been suffering from CFS, I have not really felt very good for a long time. The TRT as part of a larger plan to heal my system. I'm working with adrenal issues, better diet, trying to get better sleep, and tracking down any possible infections, like candida. When my TRT is working well, it really helps me. One part of the puzzle.

When doing TRT before I felt best at 650-900 TT, and E2 under 60 as measured by immunoassay.

The latest labs where done when I was on HcG monotherapy. That did not work very well to say the least.

The doc wanted to boost my fertility, so he had me stop testosterone, and put me on higher dosage HCG. He started at 1500iu 3 times a week, then went up to 2500 after a month. The results where really weird!

Here is the basic results:
after one month of HCG: TT=646,
After 2 weeks of HCG at 2500 3x week: TT=479 Feeling bad.
one week later at same dosage: TT=297, E2 was 96. Feeling terrible.

That is when I asked to stop the HCG monotherapy, because feeling terrible again, and my T was dropping so fast. The doctor suspected was not sure what was happening. Suggested possible antibodies, or leydig cell problems. Another doctor I consulted said the problem was not enough Arimidex, and the E2 caused my T to plummet. He wanted to to take 1mg every other day. Crazy I thought.

So back on "normal TRT" for the last week, feeling somewhat better, but I think will take some time. Will do labs after a month.

Thanks everybody

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching