How can I make sure I don't start producing? Yes, you read that right...

Buy Lab Tests Online

RickB

This is going to sound like a joke, but it's not. It is however, the antithesis of everything this forum stands for, so I can understand if it's not a welcomed topic. Who knows, I may even be banned. But I'll ask anyway...

I gave trt a try and didn't get much out of it. Granted, I wasn't a good patient as far as sticking with protocols, and I probably wasn't an ideal candidate to begin with, but I got my numbers high enough for long enough that I should have at least had some positive symptoms, even if only briefly.

I last injected on October 15. And the thing is, I actually feel great. I'm not suggesting this is for everyone. This is specifically for me due to my issues. What it comes down to is that, for me, I'm finding that having zero sexual desire is better than having just some. I spent years longing for a healthy libido and for spontaneous erections and for natural sexual reactions, and all it did was depress me. And trt didn't fix it either. Again, I probably wasn't even a good candidate. Like has been said time and again, there's a lot more to the sexual aspect than T. But my free was low-normal and my SHBG was high-normal, so it seemed like maybe, just maybe T could be the answer.

So what I want to do now is to make absolutely sure I don't start producing again for as long as possible. I know that sounds insane. But I'll go as far as to say not only is having no sexual interest better than having just some, having none might even be better than having a normal, healthy libido...for me, of course. I think I feel better now than I did during puberty and during the first time having regular sex with a girlfriend and during the first months of marriage. I think this is better. My mind is free. I no longer feel like a slave to it. It feels good to scratch an itch, but I guess I prefer not itching.

If anyone is still reading, I have ten vials of 200mg left. I'm thinking of injecting 100mg once a month. I am hoping that will be enough to keep me from producing for at least that 20 months and hopefully longer. Does anyone have any ideas? I was on it for a little under a year, but even during that time I took a month off here and there, so I might start producing more quickly than expected.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Unfortunately, chemical castration from a long-acting GnRH agonist like triptorelin has the potential to harm your health in a myriad of other ways. Think weaker bones, impaired cognition, diabetes, etc. Research androgen deprivation therapy. A little safer might be to experiment with an androgen blocker such as spironolactone. I experienced reduced libido with even a relatively small amount of this applied topically as a treatment for androgenic alopecia.

Your original plan with infrequent doses of testosterone might be the safest, but it also seems less likely to give you the desired results. Wouldn't you expect all those distractions to come back with a vengeance in the week+ after each injection?

JA Battle

How about just inject 2mg of test enanthate daily. My serum levels would be around 200ng/dl if I did this. I still may try to go 4mg daily as an experiment but I am vain and like my pit bull like physic on 8mg daily

RickB

Your original plan with infrequent doses of testosterone might be the safest, but it also seems less likely to give you the desired results. Wouldn't you expect all those distractions to come back with a vengeance in the week+ after each injection?
I was hoping not, since most men feel no better for at least three weeks after starting trt. But yes, I am a little leery. Trying 50 is a possibility, but I just think 100 once a month is a nice round place to start.

And just so everyone knows, I have not noticed any differences in my body or anything else, at least not at this point. So it's not as if I feel I've given up anything other than sexuality.

RickB

Unfortunately, chemical castration from a long-acting GnRH agonist like triptorelin has the potential to harm your health in a myriad of other ways. Think weaker bones, impaired cognition, diabetes, etc. Research androgen deprivation therapy. A little safer might be to experiment with an androgen blocker such as spironolactone. I experienced reduced libido with even a relatively small amount of this applied topically as a treatment for androgenic alopecia.

I just realized the error of my prior statement. I can't really compare my situation to someone starting trt, as I am trying to stay completely shut-down, and any addition has the potential to bring the distractions.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Just know that shutting your T down can also have health consequences down the road. Higher risks of cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer can be more aggressive in men with low T, etc

I get what you mean about feeling good and not having to worry about sex. There is peace in becoming a monk :)

You can inject 100 mg per month and probably bring your T down under 150 ng/dL. But you are probably be better off taking finasteride to kill your libido. Your T, LH, FSH etc may be untouched but with no libido. An antidepressant could also achieve that goal.

RickB

Just know that shutting your T down can also have health consequences down the road. Higher risks of cardiovascular disease, prostate cancer can be more aggressive in men with low T, etc

I get what you mean about feeling good and not having to worry about sex. There is peace in becoming a monk :)

You can inject 100 mg per month and probably bring your T down under 150 ng/dL. But you are probably be better off taking finasteride to kill your libido. Your T, LH, FSH etc may be untouched but with no libido. An antidepressant could also achieve that goal.
Thanks. I'll definitely be on alert as far the dangers of going too low.

I know for sure that anti-depressants wouldn't work, as I took them in the past. Maybe finasteride is a consideration, but I'm skeptical there too. I've had the low libido, about as low as it could be. But a mental desire always remained to some extent, even if it was only the desire to have desire.

But this is new. I have never felt like this before. I look at things and wonder how they ever appealed to me. This is a total change in perception.

I decided to pin 50 yesterday around 1:30pm EST. So far, so good. I actually feel a little more energetic. Probably placebo. Regardless of that, still feeling monkish, so all's good for now. Hopefully no sexual surge coming today or tomorrow. Planning to pin again in 2 weeks.

S1W

How about just inject 2mg of test enanthate daily. My serum levels would be around 200ng/dl if I did this. I still may try to go 4mg daily as an experiment but I am vain and like my pit bull like physic on 8mg daily

What are your labs on 8mg/day? TT, FT, E2, SHBG?

Vince

Super Moderator
Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride for male pattern hair

Results: Subjects reported new-onset persistent sexual dysfunction associated with the use of finasteride: 94% developed low libido, 92% developed erectile dysfunction, 92% developed decreased arousal, and 69% developed problems with orgasm.

RickB

Persistent sexual side effects of finasteride for male pattern hair

Results: Subjects reported new-onset persistent sexual dysfunction associated with the use of finasteride: 94% developed low libido, 92% developed erectile dysfunction, 92% developed decreased arousal, and 69% developed problems with orgasm.
Yeah Nelson's post had me googling, so I'd found those numbers.

I've taken meds with sexual side effects. None of them ever desexualized me in this way, so I don't have total confidence I can achieve this from a med.

This is totally new. It's virgin territory (pun intended).

Vince

Super Moderator
Yeah Nelson's post had me googling, so I'd found those numbers.

I've taken meds with sexual side effects. None of them ever desexualized me in this way, so I don't have total confidence I can achieve this from a med.

This is totally new. It's virgin territory (pun intended).
You can do both, lower your t levels and take finasteride. You can totally destroy your sex drive.

RickB

I'm pretty sure I started producing already. Interest in sex came back yesterday. Psychologically and physically everything seemed the same as pre-trt. So who knows what I'll do next.

Now that I'm out of monk-mode, I don't necessarily want to try to go back in...as much as I loved it at the time. It's like my mind's playing tricks on me.

I might just start pinning 120ish a week and try to stick with it and see if anything good happens.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me