How Accurate Is The Online Tru-T Free Test. Calculator?

Buy Lab Tests Online

DaytonaJonah

After putting in my Total T(633 ng/dL measured at trough), SHBG(39.10 nmol/L), and Albumin(4.73 gr/dL) numbers from blood tests into the Tru-T Free Test Calculator, are my Free T numbers normal?: 0.93 nMol/L or, 26.95 ng/dL.

I am currently dosing daily of 5mg test. Cyp. mixed with 4mg. test. Prop. + 350iu hCG EOD. My E2 fluctuates between 45-65 pg/ml.

Yet, I don't feel great. I have packed on about 10-15 extra lbs. of fat. My libido took the first bus out of town a couple of years ago. When I first attempted TRT 14 years ago I was injecting once a week then switched to every 3.5 days and I was doing much better. However, like so many guys here...I am chasing the libido 'dragon' and I am far from a sweet spot as some have finally landed upon. I've tried to duplicate other's protocols...without much success however.

Am considering going back to once weekly with test E.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed. DJ

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
After putting in my Total T(633 ng/dL measured at trough), SHBG(39.10 nmol/L), and Albumin(4.73 gr/dL) numbers from blood tests into the Tru-T Free Test Calculator, are my Free T numbers normal?: 0.93 nMol/L or, 26.95 ng/dL.

I am currently dosing daily of 5mg test. Cyp. mixed with 4mg. test. Prop. + 350iu hCG EOD. My E2 fluctuates between 45-65 pg/ml.

Yet, I don't feel great. I have packed on about 10-15 extra lbs. of fat. My libido took the first bus out of town a couple of years ago. When I first attempted TRT 14 years ago I was injecting once a week then switched to every 3.5 days and I was doing much better. However, like so many guys here...I am chasing the libido 'dragon' and I am far from a sweet spot as some have finally landed upon. I've tried to duplicate other's protocols...without much success however.

Am considering going back to once weekly with test E.

Your thoughts and suggestions are welcomed. DJ

post #15/16
Role of SHBG in the free hormone hypothesis and the relevance of free testosterone in androgen physiology

linear law-of-mass action (cFTV)

When it comes to using any of the calculators for estimating free testosterone cFTV has been the go-to.

Already validated/revalidated against ED!

Been in use for over 2 decades and now it is being challenged.

This is coming from Fier's camp's most recent paper (posted in the link above).

They clearly state for the time being, as they are well aware there is still much going on behind the scenes.

Far from over!

*In contrast we concluded that, although overestimating free T by 20–30%, the formula according to Vermeulen was independent of SHBG, total T, and albumin [221]. Taken into consideration the moderate bias level, but most importantly less influenced by the latter three variables, the Vermeulen formula, for the time being, still appears to be the most robust approximation and deserves our recommendation as a free T calculator for clinical use

post #36

Tru T calculator - what is the range?

ensemble allosteric model (cFTZ/TruTTM)

Post #36 sums up where Bhasin and his team stand.

It has already been validated in Phase 1.

My reply from the previous thread:

Even then it still needs further validation which is going to happen during Phase II.

There has been an ongoing effort behind the scenes to provide further proof of the validity of the TruT™algorithm (cFTZ).

You and I let alone everyone in the know including top researchers in the field/medical community is waiting on the results/data from Phase II.

Bhasin:

*the Vermeulen equation and others that assume a fixed Kd are just conceptually wrong and our data show it clearly that this model is completely wrong

*so the Vermeulen model or most of the linear equations underestimate free testosterone concentrations and the ensemble allosteric model (EAM) based upon our experimental data matches total testosterone within the range in which we have validated this

*In phase I studies, we demonstrated that the TruTTM algorithm provides accurate free T values that match those obtained using the equilibrium dialysis in healthy and hypogonadal men. We have also shown that the binding parameters that have formed the basis of previous equations (e.g., Vermeulen) are incorrect, and that free T values derived using these equations deviate substantially from free T measured by equilibrium dialysis. The phase I studies have led to the adoption of the TruTTM algorithm at several institutions.

Everyone keeps talking out of their ass yet the results /data from Phase II have not come out yet!

*The phase II program will continue the development of the TruTTM algorithm by validating it in common conditions characterized by altered SHBG concentrations, such as obesity and aging (AIM 1), in healthy women across the menstrual cycle, and in women with PCOS (Aim 2). We will generate population-based reference ranges for free T (Aim 3). Phase II also includes plans for the commercialization of the TruTTM algorithm using a HIPAA-compliant infrastructure for its clinical adoption

*The phase II program will provide validation of the TruTTM algorithm in the two most common clinical indications for free T measurement - men suspected of hypogonadism and altered SHBG levels, and women with hyperandrogenic disorders

T

tareload

#StreetCred4TruT

Can't wait for the data. Always the best of both worlds when a model with accurate constitutive framework will fit real world data.

Phase 1 and 2 can't be properly completed until free testosterone measurement methods are properly calibrated and standardized (sort of important irrespective of model building).

Cataceous

Super Moderator
However, like so many guys here...I am chasing the libido 'dragon' and I am far from a sweet spot as some have finally landed upon. I've tried to duplicate other's protocols...without much success however.
Peak or trough or other? Vermeulen free T is 11.9 ng/dL. This would be on the low side for peak, but good for trough on this protocol. Sorry to say, but your situation seems similar to mine a few years back. No amount of testosterone fiddling gave lasting improvement. HCG use had led to elevated estradiol, which may have been the reason for increasing prolactin. Sexual function and libido were impaired. Forcing prolactin down with cabergoline helped a little, but not enough to be a viable long-term solution. That's when I gave up on hCG and started experimenting with GnRH. @readalot observes that this new kind of protocol "Shows promise but you have to be 'criminally insane' ... in a scientific way to try it." At the least it requires a lot of determination. Quality of results is the primary factor in being almost through the third year of this; it's not masochism.

T

tareload

Shows promise but you have to be 'criminally insane' ... in a scientific way to try it."
Highest compliment I can possibly give! FWIW.

1666230348416.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DaytonaJonah

Peak or trough or other? Vermeulen free T is 11.9 ng/dL. This would be on the low side for peak, but good for trough on this protocol. Sorry to say, but your situation seems similar to mine a few years back. No amount of testosterone fiddling gave lasting improvement. HCG use had led to elevated estradiol, which may have been the reason for increasing prolactin. Sexual function and libido were impaired. Forcing prolactin down with cabergoline helped a little, but not enough to be a viable long-term solution. That's when I gave up on hCG and started experimenting with GnRH. @readalot observes that this new kind of protocol "Shows promise but you have to be 'criminally insane' ... in a scientific way to try it." At the least it requires a lot of determination. Quality of results is the primary factor in being almost through the third year of this; it's not masochism.
I can honestly say that I won't go down that road your currently on...UNTIL, it has can be more easily administered. The number of pins per day, to me, is just too excessive to be practical for everyone other than those with an immense amount of time and a schedule that allows the such. Also, I'm unable to obtain GnRH here in Mexico, so I wouldn't be able to duplicate your run. In any event, I salute you.

I need to find something to where it works better than what I'm doing but can also fit into my current lifestyle. I don't want to live my life for TRT. Instead, I want TRT to work well enough so I can live my life.

It's likely I'll change up my protocol to something more like I did many years ago and ride a weekly fluctuation which seemed to make me feel better than how I do now. At the moment, I don't remember the Forum member who has posted recently his change to weekly and the resulting success, but he was emphatic about his dramatic turnaround and how he's been able to sustain it. So, I'm willing to try it for the next 8-12 weeks and see.

Last edited:

Willyt

I can honestly say that I won't go down that road your currently on...UNTIL, it has can be more easily administered. The number of pins per day, to me, is just too excessive to be practical for everyone other than those with an immense amount of time and a schedule that allows the such. Also, I'm unable to obtain GnRH here in Mexico, so I wouldn't be able to duplicate your run. In any event, I salute you.

I need to find something to where it works better than what I'm doing but can also fit into my current lifestyle. I don't want to live my life for TRT. Instead, I want TRT to work well enough so I can live my life.

It's likely I'll change up my protocol to something more like I did many years ago and ride a weekly fluctuation which seemed to make me feel better than how I do now. At the moment, I don't remember the Forum member who has posted recently his change to weekly and the resulting success, but he was emphatic about his dramatic turnaround and how he's been able to sustain it. So, I'm willing to try it for the next 8-12 weeks and see.
Still curious if your test was taken at peak or trough.

Hyrulewarrior1978

I’ve seen several members now mention how fluctuations in their testosterone dosages keeps their libido alive. For me scrotal creams do that very well (better than any other method I’ve tried). Once a week injections worked for me as well (dailies never worked for me). It’s definitely a dopamine reset or something along those lines. Everyone seems to be different in how they respond which is weird since we all have similar physiologies. But from what I’ve been reading and noticing myself is that fluctuations are key. Long esters do not give enough fluctuation unless they are done with enough time in between them. Then again some other members seem to get good results with eod or dailies and then when libido disappears they increase or decrease the dosages to get fluctuations that way. I don’t think it has anything to do with gnrh or hcg personally.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me