Histamine, Low Libido and ED

Buy Lab Tests Online

wondering

Libido and ED as bad as they have ever been. Tried Prog at night per Dr. Saya's recommendation and no help at all. In the last month, I have weaned off HC after being on it for years and I feel a bit calmer without it, but the sexual dept is as stated. 25 years of this. Close to throwing in the towel, but always find something on the internet to pull you back. I have wondered about Histamine for awhile now and the whole Methylation thing is a bit confusing as many symptoms seem like they could belong to either side.

Nevertheless, even though I have seasonal allergies, I wonder if I am low Histamine. From this link in bottom right... Histamine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

"In addition, histamine also plays a role in sexual dysfunction, and supplementation with folic acid and niacin (used together), as well as L-histidine (an enzyme that metabolizes histamine from histidine) has been shown to be effective in addressing histamine deficiencies. Low levels of histamine have also been shown to correlate with schizophrenia."

So, I ordered some L-Histidine, Niacinamide (already have the Methylfolate) and will try that.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

wondering

Libido and ED as bad as they have ever been. Tried Prog at night per Dr. Saya's recommendation and no help at all. In the last month, I have weaned off HC after being on it for years and I feel a bit calmer without it, but the sexual dept is as stated. 25 years of this. Close to throwing in the towel, but always find something on the internet to pull you back. I have wondered about Histamine for awhile now and the whole Methylation thing is a bit confusing as many symptoms seem like they could belong to either side.

Nevertheless, even though I have seasonal allergies, I wonder if I am low Histamine. From this link in bottom right... Histamine - an overview | ScienceDirect Topics

"In addition, histamine also plays a role in sexual dysfunction, and supplementation with folic acid and niacin (used together), as well as L-histidine (an enzyme that metabolizes histamine from histidine) has been shown to be effective in addressing histamine deficiencies. Low levels of histamine have also been shown to correlate with schizophrenia."

So, I ordered some L-Histidine, Niacinamide (already have the Methylfolate) and will try that.
Then again, I have massive ADHD which would indicate the opposite. So who knows.

Gman86

Have u had prolactin levels checked? Dopamine and prolactin have an inverse relationship. So if u do in fact have low dopamine, u would probably have elevated prolactin, which obv has the ability to mess with sexual function.

wondering

Have u had prolactin levels checked? Dopamine and prolactin have an inverse relationship. So if u do in fact have low dopamine, u would probably have elevated prolactin, which obv has the ability to mess with sexual function.
yes, ranges from ok to low to high. Tried lowering with whatever drug lowers it. No change to libido and felt awful.

wondering

For those of us with HPA issues, perhaps something to being low histamine. Much is made of histamine intolerance and much much less is written about the reverse. My horrible libido has always been driven to zero by acid-reducers and when younger (early 20s) by antihistamines for hay fever. I'm not sure I'm a believer that just because I have seasonal allergies that my histamine is high, perhaps something else going on with histamine or at the receptor level.

Attachments

• 1-s2.0-S0024320500008997-main.pdf
    167.6 KB · Views: 37

wondering

MIP1950

For those of us with HPA issues, perhaps something to being low histamine. Much is made of histamine intolerance and much much less is written about the reverse. My horrible libido has always been driven to zero by acid-reducers and when younger (early 20s) by antihistamines for hay fever. I'm not sure I'm a believer that just because I have seasonal allergies that my histamine is high, perhaps something else going on with histamine or at the receptor level.
Histamine has been my bane since I was a child. Seasonal allergies, as well as food sensitivities. But when I began to think of histamine as related to sexual function, I recall when we lived in Maryland. During spring, when the pollen was high, my libido/erectile function went into overdrive, as well as being hypomanic(Also have Tourette's Syndrome and was ticcing like a machine gun). I worked as a courier, so I was driving around all day and seeing/interacting with women. Intensely horny! My wife was 'once a week is enough'. Jerking off everyday. Tempted to hook up with someone. My brain was on fire. Vitamin C never touched my histadelia, and I'd been taking several thousand milligrams, daily, since my early 20's. Another histamine/sexual function experience when I went to Miami in 2003 to visit family and friends. I'd gotten into eating raw honey and was eating spoonfuls everyday. Libido went up, as did erectile function, which was still okay. When I relapsed back into bipolar in mid 2004, my life and sexual function began to crater and that's where I've been stuck, even with testosterone. Recently added 25 mg of DHEA every morning. It's helped relieve my depression.

Histamine has functions in the brain. Read many abstracts and a few articles on it. There's H1, H2,(respriatory/gastro) H3 and H4, the latter two seeming to be exclusive to the brain. I've tried manipulating dopamine for ED,including being prescribed cabergoline by my urologist. Didn't find it helpful, nor was B6(P5P). Read the late Dr. Carl Pfieffer's books and his experiences with patients with low and high histamine. I used to fit most of the profile of histadelia; Couldn't gain weight, OCD/tics, poor sleep, easy orgasms, obsessed with sex(not on his list but fits with histadelia, IMO). Even though high histamine gave me an intense itch in the brain that I couldn't scratch, I felt alive, vital and, importantly, was sexually functional. Trying L-Histidine, sublingual. Started this morning, opening a 500 mg capsule and taking 250 mg. I always say I'll take it low and slow, then abandon that for balls to the wall. But I'll try to be restrained as I look for anything, negative or positive, from this latest experiment.

Last edited:

MIP1950

@MIP1950 Any luck with the L-Histidine?
My 'success' with 250 mg, sublingual, lasted one day. One rock hard erection in the evening. After that, my sleep worsened and I became extremely irritable, similar to my experience with arginine. The irritability lasted three days. Scary for me, with bipolar illness. I'm back self-treating with desiccated thyroid in hopes of establishing mood stability, sleep stability and erectile function. Playing a long game, since I have to slowly titrate.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me