Hip Replacement Surgery Experiences

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
i'll need to lose nearly 15kg more to get my op.
I would try semaglutide.

August 17 2023 I will get a full hip arthroplasty.
How did it go?

-----------------

It has been a year since my hip replacement.

Since about March, I have experienced pain again in the hip that got replaced. It happens when I walk for over 15 minutes. My medical team is looking into it. So far, Xrays look OK. MRI and CT scan results are to be reviewed on Tuesday. I am starting to think that my pre-existing spine issues are influencing my hip flexor at the L2/L3 level. I will know more next week.

hip replacement.jpg

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Guided_by_Voices

An anecdote:

I was having a fairly scary level of hip pain in one hip for several years, and although I did all the usual suspects to try to fix it, the thing that had the most immediate short-term benefit which basically made all the pain go away for a while, has been stretching my hamstrings. My stretch was standing on my good leg/hip and elevating the bad leg onto something about the height of a table and holding that for a minute or two while leaning into the stretch and adding angle variations. I wouldn't have thought that would make a difference, but it certainly did and I think what may have been happening was that my tight hamstring was pulling my hip out of alignment somehow. Although I hate stretching as much as most guys, it is now 99% better and I am staying consistent with my stretching.

Last edited:

Old_Lifter_65

I would try semaglutide.

How did it go?

-----------------

It has been a year since my hip replacement.

Since about March, I have experienced pain again in the hip that got replaced. It happens when I walk for over 15 minutes. My medical team is looking into it. So far, Xrays look OK. MRI and CT scan results are to be reviewed on Tuesday. I am starting to think that my pre-existing spine issues are influencing my hip flexor at the L2/L3 level. I will know more next week.

View attachment 36219
I tried to message @andrewBwinter but it says I can't contact him. I am researching hip replacements as well.

In addition, if TRT raises hemoglobin and HCT, does that create post-op complications related to the open section of femur (is the marrow exposed) that the implant sits in? I would think that that stopping TRT would help to reduce blood density if clots are a possible post-op complication.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching