High TT, low FT, high SHBG

Buy Lab Tests Online

Kayakboy

I am 47 with a baseline Total Testosterone of 869 but only Free Testosterone of 7. My SHBG is sitting high at 82.

My Liver function is good, Thyroid function is good. Boron and Stinging Nettle Root has not lowered my SHBG.

Any suggestions on how to lower my SHBG and raise my Free Testosterone (FT) while not going too high on my TT?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

MarcoFL

I am 47 with a baseline Total Testosterone of 869 but only Free Testosterone of 7. My SHBG is sitting high at 82.

My Liver function is good, Thyroid function is good. Boron and Stinging Nettle Root has not lowered my SHBG.

Any suggestions on how to lower my SHBG and raise my Free Testosterone (FT) while not going too high on my TT?
what is your estradiol? have you started with a HRT doctor?

Vince

Super Moderator

Make sure you have a complete thyroid panel. Tsh, free T4, free T3, reverse T3 and both antibodies. The thyroid levels can affect shbg.

txmx

I had these numbers when I was using clomiphene. Switching to T cream helped. I tried all the tricks for lowering SHBG and none of them worked.

Kayakboy

I had these numbers when I was using clomiphene. Switching to T cream helped. I tried all the tricks for lowering SHBG and none of them worked.
These are my baseline numbers. When i tried Clomiphene (25mg/daily) my Total T went up to 1400 but my Free T only went up to 10. My SHBG went up to 143.

Did you use Clomiphene along with the T cream? Does the T cream make the testes shrink?

Systemlord

TSH - 4.33 (range of .45-4.5)
The median value for TSH is <1.5 and in fact some lab companies have lowered the top end of the ranges ->2.5. If Reverse T3 is not elevated, a high TSH and normal thyroid hormones is subclinical hypothyroidism.

TRT is inevitable at this point due to the high SHBG and low Free T and if you require thyroid treatment, the medicine will jack up your SHBG even higher which TRT can remedy.

It would be interesting to know your LH and FSH values.

I do have an HRT doctor, yes. My Estradiol is 16.
I have seen members diagnosed with osteoporosis at this level.

Last edited:

madman

Super Moderator

Hard to believe not one person asked what testing method was used for FT!

Although high SHBG will lower FT it comes down to your TT/SHBG level and regardless if you want to know where your FT truly sits than you would need to use the most accurate assay such as the gold standard Equilibrium Dialysis or Ultrafiltration (next best).

If you did not have such a test done than I would not be so quick to jump the gun thinking that your FT levels are as low as you may think.

If anything retest using an accurate assay than you can see where it truly sits.

Make sure you are in a fasted state and have blood work done between 8-10 am.

Post your labs with reference ranges so we can see what testing method was used for FT?

Choose one of the four below: 1 or 2 would be the most cost-effective

Discountedlabs.com

1 TT (LC/MS-MS) and FT (Equilibrium Dialysis)

2 FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Labcorp

3 FT (Equilibrium Dialysis)

4 FT (Equilibrium Ultrafiltration)

Vince

Super Moderator

sammmy

I am the exact same age and similar lab values: median to high-normal total T, median to low-normal free T, and very high SHBG.

However, your free T needs to be re-checked with a precise method as madman suggested.

Do you have actual symptoms or functional complains that make you want to have 'higher free T'?

It is not worth it to do TRT or other 'interventions' just to increase or decrease a lab value or 'to become more manly' because it simply won't happen - plenty of threads on here.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me