High TSH, normal fT3 & fT4 - antibodies & rT3 OK.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Fr8man

And really low free testosterone.

TSH
4.54 (0.27 - 4.20) uIU/mL

fT3, free
3.6 (2.0 - 4.4) pg/mL

ft4, free
1.24 (0.93 - 1.70) ng/dL

Iodine intake is (and always has been) optimal.

Any advice where to go from here? I used to think it was do to low T. But now I'm hearing that my low T is because of the thyroid.

How to fix, diagnose? No doctor option. I'm overseas.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
No one has fixed low T because of thyroid though they go hand-in-hand.
Systemlord means to say that Reverse T3, which you didn't test, if elevated, can mean that the T3 that you do have is "pooling" and not able to be used by your cells. You need to rerun your tests:

TSH
FT3
FT4
Reverse T3
Antibodies.

Your TSH is astronomical which can point to the RT3/Pooling problem. Anything over 2.0 is generally a problem in the making.

Fr8man

No one has fixed low T because of thyroid though they go hand-in-hand.
Systemlord means to say that Reverse T3, which you didn't test, if elevated, can mean that the T3 that you do have is "pooling" and not able to be used by your cells. You need to rerun your tests:

TSH
FT3
FT4
Reverse T3
Antibodies.

Your TSH is astronomical which can point to the RT3/Pooling problem. Anything over 2.0 is generally a problem in the making.

Like I mentioned in the title, rt3 and antibodies check out. Don't have the results on me right now, but that's not the reason.

Systemlord

This rT3 test is far from routine testing outside the US and requires some serious arm twisting to get your doctor to run because it's difficult to get in other countries.

Sean Mosher

Having RT3 would help, but regardless I agree with everyone above.....you're going to need to treat thyroid.
And just for the heck of it.........when you're saying iodine is optimal, can you be specific as to what you mean?
What are you taking, how much, etc.....

CaptianCurious

I've seen correcting thyroid raise total T ~100-200 or so, but that's usually from 200-400 up to 400-500. Never seen anything higher.

May depend on your age and anything else (aas use, etc.).

Fr8man

This rT3 test is far from routine testing outside the US and requires some serious arm twisting to get your doctor to run because it's difficult to get in other countries.

No problems at all if you're paying out of pocket.

Having RT3 would help, but regardless I agree with everyone above.....you're going to need to treat thyroid.

That's why I'm here. Question is "how"?

And just for the heck of it.........when you're saying iodine is optimal, can you be specific as to what you mean?
What are you taking, how much, etc.....

No measurement. Just eat a lot of table salt.

apsjiml

And really low free testosterone.

TSH
4.54 (0.27 - 4.20) uIU/mL

fT3, free
3.6 (2.0 - 4.4) pg/mL

ft4, free
1.24 (0.93 - 1.70) ng/dL

Iodine intake is (and always has been) optimal.

Any advice where to go from here? I used to think it was do to low T. But now I'm hearing that my low T is because of the thyroid.

How to fix, diagnose? No doctor option. I'm overseas.

I have seen a huge amount of labs over the years and a free t3 like that with an elevated tsh points to a type of thyroid hormone resistance, which could be a reverse t3 issue. I am assuming rt3 is 15 and under? is that the case? I honestly never see that tested outside the USA but that is great if you had that tested.

Fr8man

I have seen a huge amount of labs over the years and a free t3 like that with an elevated tsh points to a type of thyroid hormone resistance, which could be a reverse t3 issue. I am assuming rt3 is 15 and under? is that the case? I honestly never see that tested outside the USA but that is great if you had that tested.

That test was done in the US.

apsjiml

That test was done in the US.

So, and your not on thyroid meds? Do you know yet what reverse t3 number was? That would be very important. With elevated tsh and elevated or normal t3 levels to me, #1 that looks like a form of thyroid resistance. or #2 have you checked total t3? Sometimes people have t3 antibodies which can give a false elevated free t3 level and may also give a false low total t3 level #3 Are you taking biotin or other prescription? #4 low thyroid binding globulin-that can give a higher looking free t3.

Fr8man

So, and your not on thyroid meds?
No I'm not. Still in the diagnosis stage.

Do you know yet what reverse t3 number was?
I can't find the numbers. Searched everywhere.

#2 have you checked total t3? Sometimes people have t3 antibodies which can give a false elevated free t3 level and may also give a false low total t3 level
No. But I have neither. My results are showing normal fT3. Or are you saying that my fT3 could actually be below normal because I might have t3 antibodies that are making it seem like my t3 is normal?

#3 Are you taking biotin or other prescription?
No.

#4 low thyroid binding globulin-that can give a higher looking free t3.
My free t3 is normal. And so is free t4. It's TSH that's above normal.

apsjiml

No I'm not. Still in the diagnosis stage.

I can't find the numbers. Searched everywhere.

No. But I have neither. My results are showing normal fT3. Or are you saying that my fT3 could actually be below normal because I might have t3 antibodies that are making it seem like my t3 is normal?

No.

My free t3 is normal. And so is free t4. It's TSH that's above normal.
t3 antibodies interfere with that test could make free t3 artificially elevated more than it is. that is one reason why people should do a full panel with total t3 to see what is going on. reverse t3 should be in the low end of range not the upper I dont remeber what yours was. The other thing I have heard of is some form of thyroid hormone resistance

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me