High SHBG, not on TRT...what to do?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bigfootexpert

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vvs1

Your vitamin D is low, which will increase shbg. Get sunlight and supplement with a sublingual supplement.

Try that with boron, and Tongkat.

It would also be good to test your estradiol again with labs through discounted labs, with the estradiol sensitive test. I have high shbg with low estrogen. I'm sensitive to anything that inhibits estrogen such as Tongkat.

AyePopi

What kind of boron did you take? There seems to be a lot of different boron supplements out there
I take liquid ionic boron, and many medical studies support that it indeed lowers SHBG, however some say it does nothing. Google, and do your own DD

Attachments

• 20191123_224452.jpg
    20191123_224452.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 82

Eskimojoe

[QUOTE="Eskimojoe, post: 164818, member: 16857"[/QUOTE]

latest results attached... i calculate free test as 1.6pc

any opinions appreciated but presumably this could explain my ed issues

Attachments

• BED63E1B-7196-4E4B-B60F-B3BF39AE2229.jpeg
    BED63E1B-7196-4E4B-B60F-B3BF39AE2229.jpeg
    428.2 KB · Views: 94

Cataceous

Super Moderator
These numbers suggest that low testosterone is less likely to be the issue. Tru-T calculated free testosterone is 20.6 ng/dL, with a healthy range 16-31. Prolactin was previously elevated, but is closer to normal now

Eskimojoe

These numbers suggest that low testosterone is less likely to be the issue. Tru-T calculated free testosterone is 20.6 ng/dL, with a healthy range 16-31. Prolactin was previously elevated, but is closer to normal now

hmm thanks, better than previous which refects my improvements... still thought as a young man i should be higher in range

Eskimojoe

Your vitamin D is low, which will increase shbg. Get sunlight and supplement with a sublingual supplement.

Try that with boron, and Tongkat.

It would also be good to test your estradiol again with labs through discounted labs, with the estradiol sensitive test. I have high shbg with low estrogen. I'm sensitive to anything that inhibits estrogen such as Tongkat.

3 days taking 12mg boron and vitamin d and already feel improvements, ie morning wood etc

Eskimojoe

thanks a lot for checking in. So when i first start this thread over a month ago, was feeling quite low..had gone through a period of a month or so where my penis just wasn’t functioning properly.

For context, Im a post finasteride case so have been suffering with this symptom to varying degrees for a few years

I them went on the boron / vit d combo and it geniunally helped. Started getting morning erections again. Then last week had an appointment with an endocrinologist who prescribed low-dose clomid as he said i had low t symptoms. Have continued the supplements with the clomid and improvement has continued. Not perfect yet by any stretch but running at about 70pc and still getting morning wood...feeling positive

JayLay777

thanks a lot for checking in. So when i first start this thread over a month ago, was feeling quite low..had gone through a period of a month or so where my penis just wasn’t functioning properly.

For context, Im a post finasteride case so have been suffering with this symptom to varying degrees for a few years

I them went on the boron / vit d combo and it geniunally helped. Started getting morning erections again. Then last week had an appointment with an endocrinologist who prescribed low-dose clomid as he said i had low t symptoms. Have continued the supplements with the clomid and improvement has continued. Not perfect yet by any stretch but running at about 70pc and still getting morning wood...feeling positive
What is your clomid dosage?

Nomad

I’m glad things are improving. It’s a marathon not a sprint for sure. It took me about two years to feel great and multiple doctors.

Eskimojoe

I’m glad things are improving. It’s a marathon not a sprint for sure. It took me about two years to feel great and multiple doctors.

thanks, tbh the biggest comfort from this improvement is the confirmation that my issue is hormonal and im not fundamentally broken

Vvs1

3 days taking 12mg boron and vitamin d and already feel improvements, ie morning wood etc

Awesome. Looks like your Boron dosage is good for lowering shbg. I think most bottles recommend 3mg, and that may be why some don’t feel a difference.

Im going in for baseline labs tomorrow, then starting Natesto immediately.

apsjiml

Hi Everyone

Relatively new to this forum. I am a long time sufferer of high Shbg which has caused me significant erectile dysfunction issues. Desperate for some kind of resolution or treatment

The only supplement that helped was Tongkat Ali but the results didn’t stick

Im in my early thirties so anxious about going on TRT, and having to commit to this for the rest of my life

From reading the forum, there doesn’t seem to be any agreed upon treatment for treating this (clomid, proviron and danozol all receive mixed feedback here)

Is there anything potential treatment that people could reccomend?

Many thanks
Did you ever get any help with this?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale