High SHBG, not on TRT...what to do?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Eskimojoe

Hi Everyone

Relatively new to this forum. I am a long time sufferer of high Shbg which has caused me significant erectile dysfunction issues. Desperate for some kind of resolution or treatment

The only supplement that helped was Tongkat Ali but the results didn’t stick

Im in my early thirties so anxious about going on TRT, and having to commit to this for the rest of my life

From reading the forum, there doesn’t seem to be any agreed upon treatment for treating this (clomid, proviron and danozol all receive mixed feedback here)

Is there anything potential treatment that people could reccomend?

Many thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
SHBG can't be directly treated, Clomid is known to RAISE shbg (and Estrogen) at typical dosing; 25mg/D. Pro/Danz are not used on this forum that I can think of but if one of those DID lower SHBG, it would be more widely known.
Unfortunately you're stuck with what you have. You can try to sort out Thyroid issues, adrenal, liver and see if there's something there but SHBG is what it is, you play it were it lies.
High(er) dosing in TRT has seen some guys push down their SHBG some but that's debatable too on the effect that has on Free T and resolution of symptoms.

Eskimojoe

thanks for getting back vince

that’s pretty depressing, so basically assuming my adrenals / liver is fine theres nothing I can do if I dont want to go the TRT route?

Obviously I have to do something as cant accept current erectile issues

There’s definitely an hormonal angle to the ED as it temporarily resolves itself post tongkat ali

sh1973

My situation is similar and I have shbg in the 70s and have found that only 60-70mg per week is all I need for symptom improvement. With me, more is not in any way better. Also testosterone only is the only way I’ve found success. I’ve struggled with libido on trt and have not figured that out. If you do start trt I highly recommend you start low such as 60mg per week and work up slowly until you find symptom relief. Starting high and going down is no fun, I assure you.

Eskimojoe

My situation is similar and I have shbg in the 70s and have found that only 60-70mg per week is all I need for symptom improvement. With me, more is not in any way better. Also testosterone only is the only way I’ve found success. I’ve struggled with libido on trt and have not figured that out. If you do start trt I highly recommend you start low such as 60mg per week and work up slowly until you find symptom relief. Starting high and going down is no fun, I assure you.

thanks...are you not concerned about the impact on fertility?

Eskimojoe

I'd get some tests...Total T, Free T, TSH, Free T3, Free T4, Reverse T3, and antibodies, and SHBG
thanks vince

Please see results attached

Attachments

• AE0274C5-1A80-4AF4-B46F-EB5ED90F7039.png
    AE0274C5-1A80-4AF4-B46F-EB5ED90F7039.png
    47.8 KB · Views: 145

Bigfootexpert

You need to order a Luteinizing Hormone Secretion (LH) Test. A Low number would indicate a low sperm production as clomiphene citrate or anastrozole, should be prescribed.

From the Book: Testosterone for Life by, Abraham Morgentaler M.D.

"Although good T levels are necessary to produce reasonable numbers of sperm, raising testosterone with gels, patches, and injections stimulate the negative feedback system to reduce LH secretion, which in turn shuts down the testicular production of testosterone. Low T within the testicles causes the sperm machinery to go to sleep."

Eskimojoe

You need to order a Luteinizing Hormone Secretion (LH) Test. A Low number would indicate a low sperm production as clomiphene citrate or anastrozole, should be prescribed.

From the Book: Testosterone for Life by, Abraham Morgentaler M.D.

"Although good T levels are necessary to produce reasonable numbers of sperm, raising testosterone with gels, patches, and injections stimulate the negative feedback system to reduce LH secretion, which in turn shuts down the testicular production of testosterone. Low T within the testicles causes the sperm machinery to go to sleep."

thanks so much for replying

Excuse my ignorance but doesn’t my high shbg level make me unsuitable for Clomid?

Systemlord

Excuse my ignorance but doesn’t my high shbg level make me unsuitable for Clomid?

While clomid will increase SHBG, it will get your HPTA firing again. You can add HCG and FSH injections to a TRT protocol, the HCG will wake up the testicles and get them producing a little bit of testosterone and estrogen, the FSH will help create more sperm.

Bigfootexpert

I would highly recommend the Book by Abraham Morgentaler. It was recommended by
Dr. Rand McClain to me. It is an easy read and it cost me ~$12 for Kindle.
DR. Morgentaler is an internationally-renowned expert in testosterone therapy, prostate cancer, and male sexuality. Credited with founding Men's Health Boston, the first center that specifically focuses on men's health.

I also noticed that your Lab Report is over 2 years old and you should order yourself a new test, You don't want to start any kind of protocol based on a 2y old test. I don't know of all your symptoms but you should take a step back and just Nerd up on the subject matter. There are just to much "opinions" floating around.

I'm dealing with a Host of classical Low T symptoms and was Ill advise many years ago on Stuff you read on the Internet, LOL. I'm trying to go about it the proper way This time around, I'm 39 and most likely will go on a Indefinite TRT. I'm waiting on my Lab Results as we speak.

Eskimojoe

I would highly recommend the Book by Abraham Morgentaler. It was recommended by
Dr. Rand McClain to me. It is an easy read and it cost me ~$12 for Kindle.
DR. Morgentaler is an internationally-renowned expert in testosterone therapy, prostate cancer, and male sexuality. Credited with founding Men's Health Boston, the first center that specifically focuses on men's health.

I also noticed that your Lab Report is over 2 years old and you should order yourself a new test, You don't want to start any kind of protocol based on a 2y old test. I don't know of all your symptoms but you should take a step back and just Nerd up on the subject matter. There are just to much "opinions" floating around.

I'm dealing with a Host of classical Low T symptoms and was Ill advise many years ago on Stuff you read on the Internet, LOL. I'm trying to go about it the proper way This time around, I'm 39 and most likely will go on a Indefinite TRT. I'm waiting on my Lab Results as we speak.

thanks for reply big foot, I have a similar test from last month with identical results, just not on my phone

if anything that has reinforced my belief that my erectile dysfunction is hormonal

really trying to avoid trt as dont have kids yet

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching