High SHBG low Free T, Help

Buy Lab Tests Online

TheRightWay

Please advise. Just finished first round of Bio T pellets and about to switch to T gel (20%) next week to get a steady consistent dose. My dilemma is my high SHBG levels.

Total T: 646
SHBG: 77.4
Free T: 7.6

Two part question. Will lowering SHBG level increase Free T, and is there a vitamin D dosage that can resolve this.

Also, will switching from Bio T to a T gel give me a different ratio.

I have so many other questions 6 months into TRT. I would appreciate someone who would mentor me. Send me a request and you can get me straightened out. God Bless.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

D.Trump

I'm 2 years in on TRT for the same reason. SHBG was ranging from the 70's to the 90's. My FT was between 4.5 to 6.5 prior to TRT. After some titration of my T-Cyp dose I've found the sweet spot to keep my SHBG controlled and my FT holding steady at 20.

Get on T-Cyp injections 1x per week. Don't go for splitting your dose into twice or more per week. 1 big dose per week should keep your SHBG down into the 50's. You'll most likely have to run your Total T level over 1000-1200 to get your FT up to a reasonable level, with your SHBG that high. The good news is that it works quite reliably well.

Don't waste your time or money on trying to control it with vitamins & supplements. They aren't going to do much of anything in terms of controlling your SHBG standalone. However, adding some VitD & some high potency nettle (Barlowe's Nettle High Potency Extract for example) to a solid TRT program won't hurt.

Good luck to you.

CoastWatcher

High SHBG values typically call for larger, less frequent doses of testosterone. You may well achieve that with topicals, but it may not happen. D. Trump is correct in that regard.

We're glad you joined EM. If you provide us with more context, including your full blood work (with reference ranges), the discussion will be more productive.

I'm 2 years in on TRT for the same reason. SHBG was ranging from the 70's to the 90's. My FT was between 4.5 to 6.5 prior to TRT. After some titration of my T-Cyp dose I've found the sweet spot to keep my SHBG controlled and my FT holding steady at 20.

Get on T-Cyp injections 1x per week. Don't go for splitting your dose into twice or more per week. 1 big dose per week should keep your SHBG down into the 50's. You'll most likely have to run your Total T level over 1000-1200 to get your FT up to a reasonable level, with your SHBG that high. The good news is that it works quite reliably well.

Don't waste your time or money on trying to control it with vitamins & supplements. They aren't going to do much of anything in terms of controlling your SHBG standalone. However, adding some VitD & some high potency nettle (Barlowe's Nettle High Potency Extract for example) to a solid TRT program won't hurt.

Good luck to you.

Fourth post and off to an excellent start if I do say so myself.

TheRightWay

I work offshore and travel overseas so needles (even with a prescription) is not the practical delivery system right now. I am stuck with alternatives. Pellets were fine. Level was 1392 after 4 weeks, 694 @ 3 months, 646 @ 3.5 months. However, the T gel will allow me to oscillate in the 1100-1200 range for as long as I stay on the treatment. I absolutely know T-cyp is the best route, and will switch as soon as my lifestyle permits. TY

TheRightWay

Thank for the information. Did some research on your recommended Nettle root. I am starting the gel this week and will take new bloods in 4-5 weeks. I'll wait to start the nettle root ten so I can determine if the SHBG levels are consistent with the different forms of T, one being bio-identical (from a yam) and the other a typical form. I rather change one variable at a time. I'll pot my results in 5 weeks. TY

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me