High RDW for the first time ever, MCV normal - could this be from too frequent donations?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bubbs

Because my hematocrit has been staying over 50, I have done some fairly frequent blood donations in the last 6 months - close to once every 2 months. For the first time ever my RDW value was high at just over 18, other numbers were in range

my doc didnt seem concerned and said he would test ferretin next time around to see how my iron was, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a correlation between frequent donations and high RDW?

Edit - context - TRT is 200mg a week, no AI, most other numbers in range but some a little high (likely because I'm about 240lbs and worked out right before the test). Benn on TRT for 10+ years and bloodwork every 6 months, RDW has never been out of range

He dropped my test dose down to 100mg a week from 200mg and added 100mg deca as a replacement, unorthodox I know but he is very willing to experiment.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

madman

Super Moderator
Because my hematocrit has been staying over 50, I have done some fairly frequent blood donations in the last 6 months - close to once every 2 months. For the first time ever my RDW value was high at just over 18, other numbers were in range

my doc didnt seem concerned and said he would test ferretin next time around to see how my iron was, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a correlation between frequent donations and high RDW?

Edit - context - TRT is 200mg a week, no AI, most other numbers in range but some a little high (likely because I'm about 240lbs and worked out right before the test). Benn on TRT for 10+ years and bloodwork every 6 months, RDW has never been out of range

He dropped my test dose down to 100mg a week from 200mg and added 100mg deca as a replacement, unorthodox I know but he is very willing to experiment.

Most likely from crashing your ferritin/iron due to the frequent blood donations.

Once every 2 months is a surefire way to tank your ferritin.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me