High PSA

Buy Lab Tests Online

Purcy2000

I am changing TRT doctors, and had a new blood panel on 9/14. I received an email from the new doctor that my PSA was 5.4. My last blood panel was 6/23 and my PSA was 1.8, Which is the same as the January 2020 and August 2019. I haven’t had an opportunity to talk to the doctor yet, but was curious if PSA levels rise this fast! Obviously I am concerned about cancer. Just looking for input, besides go to the doctor which I will ASSP.

thanks
Purcy

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator

AyePopi

Thanks Vince, that's a great read. I discovered mine by mistake, and self diagnosed prior to going to the Urologist. General Practitioner missed it, and from what I later learned this is a common issue with men & their docs. It did take my PSA longer to drop than the article since it had a looooong way to go. I had it a long time, and just dismissed it as a BPA

ironlegal

As others have said, there are several reasons for an elevated PSA, including being sexually active the night before. With that said, the “rate of rise” (how fast your PSA goes up) is concerning. I would recommend seeing a urologist, not just your PCP

JimGainz

When mine jumped up - my Urologist told me about a special 4K Psa test. It not only can help determine the current risk of cancer but will predict your cancer risk over the next 20 years with 90% accuracy. It’s pretty damn expensive - a few thousand dollars - but a good first step before getting a biopsy (which was the other option). In my case, I just waited a few months and it came down to previous levels on its own.

Blackhawk

A sudden jump like yours in just months is not typical of cancer. More commonly cancer causes a slow steady rise over many months to years. Assess all other causes of prostatitis, and then potentially selectMDX test.

I went through this whole rodeo. PSA did a little roller coaster dance over about a year, peaked at 9.2 during that time. SelectMDX showed little to no chance of cancer, but PSA persisted, so i went the whole route: 3T MP MRI, which showed suspicious areas, but not typical of cancer... followed up by in MRI targeted plus standard spread (like TRUS 12 needle, but in bore in the MRI) biopsy... result, no prostate cancer, rather infiltration of prostate with CLL (Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia). I'm a bit of a unicorn, this is rare, but it wasn't prostate cancer.

My personal bias is to not jump to TRUS biopsy. This can put you on a high pressure train from your uro for procedures. Read the inspire prostate cancer forum in depth, and look up my and orrin israel's case histories here on excelmale. There are a couple other wormholes to follow here, I dont remember who else has been through this kind of scare to find it's not cancer here on the forum.

Ranger Rick

Mine made a jump like that and the doctor ordered another test and for me not have sex or masturbate for 3 days before the bloodwork. Went from 5.1 to 1.8. I always hold out before blood work now.

VacationMan

I'm on testosterone cypionate injections. My PSA is always between 1.4 and 1.7. Tried the scrotal application of testosterone cream to increase DHT. That test cream shot my PSA up above 4.0. I immediately discontinued it. PSA returned to normal.

You taking injections or slathering on cream?

OMI100

As noted above there are a LOT of things that can raise your PSA BESIDES cancer.
As noted above IF you have concerns and IF you see a Urol and first words out of his mouth are TRUSS BIOPSY, say not only no but HELL NO...
As noted above there are blood test (4K is one) that helps you make a determination of what to do next.
If you still have concerns then get a 3T MRI. That should nail down any areas that look suspicious (BTW that normally is the DRs 2nd step if they do a TRUSS and see issues... JUST go straight to step 2)(BTW a TRUSS can also MISS areas of concern).
IF something shows up then do your homework and research, research, research and research.
There are some GREAT sites where you can go learn and talk to folks that have been down the same road.
Inspire | Health and Wellness Support Groups and Communities is one of them and has a GREAT PCa section / group....

Purcy2000

Thank you for everyones replies. My plan is to wait three weeks and retest. If my PSA does not return to previous levels, then I plan the see a UR and keep in mind the knowledge that I have gained here and my own research.

Thanks everyone!
Purcy

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale