HIGH PSA. DOCTOR PULLED MY TRT MEDS

Buy Lab Tests Online

KennyT

I was just taken off of testosterone because of high PSA. it had climbed all year to 4.0.
Urologist said ( that's it ) did a finger up the backside test and said it is enlarged. Yanked my TRT meds and had scheduled me a Biopsy. a week later he does the biopsy and that sucked in itself. Now I have to wait till Nov 21st to get the results. Still without TRT meds. I swear I feel like a wet noodle in the wind. So tired and no drive at all. Sex? forget that. don't even want it. Just kill me.

What is a guy to do now. I feel like crap.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

KennyT

Just yesterday, after having several tests done ( neverending ) I was allowed to restart my Testosterone. I didn't do the shot last night because I started Flomax and wanted to see if I tolerated it ok first. Starting shots tonight. He wanted to do yet more testing and I had to say no. Then he agreed to try meds. Copays where bleeding me dry. I had to agree that if after 3 months on meds if not improving we can do more testing. well... YEA...

now we wait and see how the meds work.

KennyT

It has gone up over the year pretty quickly. He was worried something was going on.
2.9 in Dec 2016
3.1 June 2017

4.0 Nov 2018

I cant seem to find the others.... weird but my file system is bad LOL

Blackhawk

-PSA is a crappy diagnostic tool regarding prostate cancer. PSA with Free PSA percent gives a somewhat better assessment of cancer risk.

-Biopsy is a shot in the dark. If they find cancer, they scored, but if they don't, it actually means nothing. Without MRI guidance, the pattern of needles is random and can completely miss cancer in the prostate. So if PSA stays up, what do they want to do? ...More biopsies.

-I am in somewhat the same boat as you, PSA is higher than desired, but my PSA is not on a steady rise. I am not going to submit to biopsy as next step. Look into 4K score and 3T multi parametric MRI. Also seasrch for Orrin Israel's posts about this on this forum.

-Hopefully there will be better blood tests coming soon. Dr Rand McClain referred to an Oncoblot test, but it is not currently available. I really hope something like it that is truly definitive becomes available.

-Testosterone remains highly controversial in relation to prostate, but The old addage "taking testosterone is like throwing gasoline on the fire" referring to prostate problems has been pretty thoroughly debunked. Many Uros don't even know this, just like most don't know how to manage TRT.

-Most prostate cancers are indolent-slow growing and do not kill the patient. Patients die with, not from prostate cancer, and taking testosterone has VERY little to do with progression of this type of prostate cancer

-Aggressive metastasizing prostate cancer is a different beast, is not commonly cured by surgery, radiation seeds, chemo, androgen deprivation etc. despite what the industry would like you to believe. This is because if it is this type of cancer, the Prostate cancer cells have already spread by the time of treatment. This is documented in the references of Dr Bob Leibowitz's videos below. Success rates are in many cases determined by remission, not cure. These techniques often work well to put things in temporary remission for 18-20 months, then commonly come roaring back. Some multi drug approaches seem to work better at "turning (metastasizing) prostate cancer into a chronic illness that is treatable, but not curable", though hormone blockade. androgen deprivation therapy is part of the treatment... sounds miserable.

KennyT

well DAMM. He did say an MRI is in my future if things progress down hill but the other test you mention I haven't heard of.
I will admit ( tho don't believe yet ) that after taking the flomax, I am going easier. + not as urgent and hurried to get to the bathroom. Stream seams better. But honestly I don't believe taking one pill could have made this difference. If it works this good every man on earth should be on it.. I'm really hoping its not a mental thing and it is working because it is a god send today. I don't miss flying to the bathroom every 1/2 hour just to pee a little.

OMI100

Hmmm
I have a thread or 2 on my PSA.
I was waaaay higher than you.
DR wanted to do a blind biopsy.
Not no, but hell no.
Lets do a 4K blood test.
Results were good.
Still over 4.
Lets do a blind biopsy.
Hell no.
Let do a 3T-MP-MRI.
results came back good.
I had an infection.
After getting the right antibiotics the PSA came down.
Blind biopsy is not the best if you needed one.
Go here and sign up and do your homework on PCa on testing and treatment option.
Do your home work and research.
Us TOO Prostate Cancer - Inspire
some info here:
The 4Kscore Can Accurately Identify the Risk of Aggressive Prostate Cance
Prostate infection

Had you that you recall had any sexual activity in the 24-48hrs prior to your blood tests as the PSA rose?

I have always wondered about this. My PSA vacillates a lot, but remains in range. Always seems odd to me that it can change so much during the 6 month period between bloodwork. What type of experience have guys had about this variation based on sexual activity beforehand? How long must you abstain? And, why is it that so many doctors never ask how sexually active you are?

I did experiment with that, orgasmed within ~12hrs of a PSA blood draw and the result was my normal ~.5 so I've tried to influence the test that way just to see but I still like to give that advice to a guy that is having trouble just to eliminate it as a possible false positive. Same with Prolactin.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me