High iron and extremely high ferritin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Excep

Hi everyone. I've been on trt for a while and I never felt well on it. I tried to come off recently, I ran hcg for a month 500 eod, then started nolva for 3 weeks. I ultimately couldn't tolerate how badly I felt coming off and injected test and went for a blood test just to see my general health markers. Everything else including liver enzymes were good except my iron and ferritin.

Iron: 171 (38-169)
Ferritin: 763 (30-400)

I've never had it tested before but my question is could attempting to stop trt using the serm or hcg cause this to happen? Also I was 5 weeks post surgery for gyno removal during this test with a small amount of lipo around the chest (not overweight but surgeon recommended doing a small amount). Could this be a factor as well? Maybe testosterone rising back up from an injection after pct?

I don't drink, not obese, all other inflammatory markers are normal. Google is basically telling me cancer or other major diseases so I'm concerned.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Fortunately your iron level is not too far past the upper level, but it's certainly worth looking into with your physician right away. It's also impossible to draw conclusions from one set of labs, as it's merely a "snapshot", it's not a trend. However, I would make an appointment with your doctor, and make sure the concerning labs you already have are sent to your doctor BEFORE your appointment, (if they don't have them already), as soon as possible.

In the mean time, if it was me, I'd see about donating whole blood to drop your iron/ferritin levels. For therapeutic phlebotomy, you will need a script because you will be donating more frequently than the 8 weeks blood banks allow for voluntary donations, but right now, there is nothing from preventing you from going to the local blood bank and donating a unit of whole blood.

That's something all men should do, really; donate whole blood on a regular basis.

You also want to check your vitamins and supplements to make sure they are iron free, and reduce consumption of iron rich foods.

Keep your vitamin C levels at a minimal level, as vitamin C enhances iron absorption.

Also, if you frequently eat food cooked in a cast iron pan, you are getting extra iron, on top of the iron in your food.

It may be as simple as adjusting your diet and some therapeutic phlebotomy, but the only way to know for certain is to involve your doctor so they make sure nothing else is going on, and to make sure your iron and ferritin levels drop to safe levels.

Excep

Thank you for the reply. I hope it's nothing serious but Dr. Google isn't giving me many reasons for ferritin being so high that aren't serious issues.

Blackhawk

Ferritin as a phase reactant can indeed indicate some serious issues, and acute inflammation that may or may not be super serious.

I would not screw around with TRT protocol as a potential cause. See a doctor.

Match

Segundo li, 90% dos casos de Ferritina alta é causa por inflamação.
A minha tb alta, 450 e Ferro 107. Nao descobri a origem

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching