High hematocrit , low ferritin . What to treat first ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

TorontoTRT

I disagree 100%. I get the same feeling he does anytime my HCT gets above 50. I've confirmed this multiple times.
Maybe you guys have uncontrolled high blood pressure. My hct goes up to 58 zero issues. 50 is considered within normal range. If 50 gives you issues, you probably have other underlying conditions that need to be looked at.

Dicky

Maybe you guys have uncontrolled high blood pressure. My hct goes up to 58 zero issues. 50 is considered within normal range. If 50 gives you issues, you probably have other underlying conditions that need to be looked at.
My BP is slightly high. Usually 12x/8x. It rarely goes into the 130's. As for other conditions, IDK. I don't have high blood sugar. I am at 10% body fat. My cholesterol is excellent. My total T and free T are always in range. What am I missing?

Gman86

For guys having issues when their HCT get a bit high, where are ur platelets at?

Also, u guys might want to look into Telmisartan. It not only can lower BP, but it also lowers HCT. And it has a ton of other health benefits as well. I’m usually very against pharmaceutical meds, but I will personally be staring Telmisartan in a few days, and I highly recommend it to anyone that’s having issues with their HCT. It could be perfect for u guys, and possible prevent u from having to donate blood while on TRT. Here’s all benefits

BENEFITS:
-Decreases BP
-Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
-Decreases visceral fat
-Decreases general fat accumulation while maintaining the same amount of calories
-Increases nitric oxide production
-Decreases fluid retention
-Increases overall cardiovascular health
-Improves glucose tolerance
-Reverses left ventricular hypertrophy
-Decreases kidney stress
-Lowers HCT levels

Gman86

Also, for anyone thinking that they’re in the whole pickle of low ferritin and high HCT, look into Morley Robbins work. U’ll realize that u have it all wrong. We want ferritin low, around 20-30, but u still do want serum iron around 100, and HGB and HCT on the higher end of normal. But ferritin is not the iron marker everyone thinks it is. So for anyone in that low ferritin/ high HCT pickle, check his work out and u’ll realize that ur focusing on the wrong iron marker, and ur not really in a pickle at all. He’s all over YouTube. Just type in Morley robbins iron, and u’ll have plenty of videos to watch where he explains it very well

Steve78

For guys having issues when their HCT get a bit high, where are ur platelets at?

Also, u guys might want to look into Telmisartan. It not only can lower BP, but it also lowers HCT. And it has a ton of other health benefits as well. I’m usually very against pharmaceutical meds, but I will personally be staring Telmisartan in a few days, and I highly recommend it to anyone that’s having issues with their HCT. It could be perfect for u guys, and possible prevent u from having to donate blood while on TRT. Here’s all benefits

BENEFITS:
-Decreases BP
-Lowers LDL cholesterol and triglycerides
-Decreases visceral fat
-Decreases general fat accumulation while maintaining the same amount of calories
-Increases nitric oxide production
-Decreases fluid retention
-Increases overall cardiovascular health
-Improves glucose tolerance
-Reverses left ventricular hypertrophy
-Decreases kidney stress
-Lowers HCT levels
I’m on irbesartan, think that does the same things?

Edit: looks like they are similar but telmisartan is more effective since it stimulates PPAR gamma receptors :

Last edited:

Gman86

I’m on irbesartan, think that does the same things?

Edit: looks like they are similar but telmisartan is more effective since it stimulates PPAR gamma receptors :

Ya not sure how many benefits they share and how many benefits they don’t. Only ARB I’ve done any research in is Telmisartan. Do u only take irbesartan for BP, or does it give u other benefits?

Steve78

Ya not sure how many benefits they share and how many benefits they don’t. Only ARB I’ve done any research in is Telmisartan. Do u only take irbesartan for BP, or does it give u other benefits?
I take I for BP but apparently it also helps with metabolic syndrome

I would lower Testosterone to 75-80 mg /week in a 2-3 day per week dosing schedule (eg 25 mg eod, or 40 mg 2x per week) to lower HCT while you build up ferritin. I am in the same boat as you except my ferritin levels were in the single digits in a month after giving blood. I tried the ferritin raising protocol listed in this forum as well as lowering my testosterone dose and I am getting bloods done January 7 – so that would be a full six weeks on the new protocol – to determine how things are going

Hi how did it go with trying to increase your Ferritin? I am in the same situation as you now.

JimGainz

Hi how did it go with trying to increase your Ferritin? I am in the same situation as you now.
It didn’t work. I hadn’t measured and it went from about 11 to 15 after taking supplements. I’ve done my own research and I’ve concluded that in men taking testosterone ferritin is going to be low. However as long as hemoglobin and hematocrit are OK, in other words not anemic, and there are no symptoms of lethargy, there’s really nothing to do or worry about. My GP feels the same.

madman

Super Moderator
It didn’t work. I hadn’t measured and it went from about 11 to 15 after taking supplements. I’ve done my own research and I’ve concluded that in men taking testosterone ferritin is going to be low. However as long as hemoglobin and hematocrit are OK, in other words not anemic, and there are no symptoms of lethargy, there’s really nothing to do or worry about. My GP feels the same.

Speak for yourself!

Gman86

The few experts that I trust, in regards to iron and it’s effects within the body, all say the exact same. They all think ferritin should be below 30 in healthy people, and it’s a horrible marker for overall iron status. How’s ur serum iron levels?

TRicker

What should be one's target for Ferritin, Iron, TIBC, etc for guys on TRT?
I've read that you don't really want high ferritin, as it's a sign of inflammation, but I'm not sure if that's true.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me