Vince

Super Moderator
Age 19, male

TSH: 2.53 mIU/L (RR 0.50-4.30mIU/L)
LH: 2.5 mIU/mL (RR 1.5-9.3 mIU/mL)
FSH 8.4 mIU/mL (RR 1.6-8.0 mIU/mL)
Total test: 265.6 ng/dL

help me interpret these results?
To me, your test results don't make sense. I wonder if you need to retest your LH and FSH. Unless someone else can give you an answer. Have you ever ran these Labs before?

Systemlord

Total test: 265.6 ng/dL

Your levels are low, but knowing your SHBG value would allow us to calculate the Free T level and percentage. Your LH is low which is looking more like secondary hypogonadism as Vince has stated. The majority of men diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism have an LH value in the 1-3 range.

kevmtao

@Systemlord @Vince
thanks for the replies guys. I do not have a good doctor when it comes to testosterone issues, so it's hard to push for getting comprehensive blood tests. They always tell me that I am normal and in range, and refuse to test for any other things besides total test and a few other things. I am going to get another test soon hopefully. I'm also quite young, only 19 at the moment.

kevmtao

Your levels are low, but knowing your SHBG value would allow us to calculate the Free T level and percentage. Your LH is low which is looking more like secondary hypogonadism as Vince has stated. The majority of men diagnosed with secondary hypogonadism have an LH value in the 1-3 range.

are there any studies or resources that point to the LH value of 1-3? I would love to show that to my doctor, as he always tells me I'm normal and in-range :/

kevmtao

I have also done another test that came out to 486 ng/dL total and 64.6 pg/mL free.

Vince

Super Moderator
I don't know where you're located or even if you can afford it. You could call Defy Medical, if you're located in the United States. They would run all of your labs and prescribe the right meds.

You could use discount labs, to see what your levels are at.

Systemlord

@Systemlord @Vince
thanks for the replies guys. I do not have a good doctor when it comes to testosterone issues, so it's hard to push for getting comprehensive blood tests. They always tell me that I am normal and in range, and refuse to test for any other things besides total test and a few other things. I am going to get another test soon hopefully. I'm also quite young, only 19 at the moment.

The problem is a lot of docs only care about the numbers and don't even consider the symptoms or the clinical picture of the patient, you need to find a doc that knows how to properly diagnose a testosterone deficiency and ordinary doc doesn't cut it.

You need two seperate test results <300 to qualify for TRT, so if you get a 265 on your first test and 465 on your second test, you keep playing the game until you get two test results <300. This attempt to educate your doc has a low chance of success.

If you want TRT now you will have to pay out of pocket and will have access to someone well versed in TRT that would be easily able to deal with any side effects encountered.

I have also done another test that came out to 486 ng/dL total and 64.6 pg/mL free.
If you aren't getting these numbers on a consistent basis and are low the majority of the time, that's no good. I mean if you are getting these numbers 1-2 time per week and are low all other times, then you will experience low-T symptoms.

I can't interpret your Free T result without reference ranges.

kevmtao

The problem is a lot of docs only care about the numbers and don't even consider the symptoms or the clinical picture of the patient, you need to find a doc that knows how to properly diagnose a testosterone deficiency and ordinary doc doesn't cut it.

You need two seperate test results <300 to qualify for TRT, so if you get a 265 on your first test and 465 on your second test, you keep playing the game until you get two test results <300. This attempt to educate your doc has a low chance of success.

If you want TRT now you will have to pay out of pocket and will have access to someone well versed in TRT that would be easily able to deal with any side effects encountered.

If you aren't getting these numbers on a consistent basis and are low the majority of the time, that's no good. I mean if you are getting these numbers 1-2 time per week and are low all other times, then you will experience low-T symptoms.

I can't interpret your Free T result without reference ranges.
thanks for the reply. Sorry, the reference is 35.0 - 155.0

Vince

Super Moderator
If you looking for labs, this one would work.
You may want to call Defy Medical, find out what they can do for you. They will run your labs and you can have a consultation. Everything is out of pocket though.

Vince

Super Moderator
Checkdis, posted this. The price of enclomiphene.

45x $150
90x $295

kevmtao

If you looking for labs, this one would work.
You may want to call Defy Medical, find out what they can do for you. They will run your labs and you can have a consultation. Everything is out of pocket though.

Will also contact Defy Medical, thanks. how's this lab btw?

My budget for lab is probably around 100$, so I'm deciding between that one which includes LH/FSH and the one you sent.

Vince

Super Moderator

My budget for lab is probably around 100$, so I'm deciding between that one which includes LH/FSH and the one you sent.
Sounds like you're on a pretty limited budget. You may just want to find a doctor, that's on your insurance and will prescribe enclomiphene for you. You could also just save up $100 a month and when you have enough saved start with defy.

kevmtao

Sounds like you're on a pretty limited budget. You may just want to find a doctor, that's on your insurance and will prescribe enclomiphene for you. You could also just save up $100 a month and when you have enough saved start with defy.

Just ordered a panel, and I will bring those results to an urologist in about 2 weeks. Thanks. Also is enclomiphene an approved drug? After searching about it on google, it seems unclear.

Vvs1

Probably want to call Defy first because they have required baseline lab tests.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me