High Dose Vitamin D

Buy Lab Tests Online

SkyWarn

My vitamin D was low at 24. The doc phoned in a high dosage 50,000 IU to be taken once a week. Just curious if anyone has tried this and had success.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

DragonBits

My vitamin D was low at 24. The doc phoned in a high dosage 50,000 IU to be taken once a week. Just curious if anyone has tried this and had success.

I have 50,000 IU dosage, but when it's gone I won't get another. I tend to take it maybe once a week or maybe once every other week.

So it depends on what do you mean success, generally speaking taking a Vit D3 supplement will always increase your levels sooner or later depending on dose.

Easier to take 10K daily in the winter. In the summer I cut back.

My last Vit D test I was at 56.7 in 2018 from a low of 25.1 in 2015.

SkyWarn

I have 50,000 IU dosage, but when it's gone I won't get another. I tend to take it maybe once a week or maybe once every other week.

So it depends on what do you mean success, generally speaking taking a Vit D3 supplement will always increase your levels sooner or later depending on dose.

Easier to take 10K daily in the winter. In the summer I cut back.

My last Vit D test I was at 56.7 in 2018 from a low of 25.1 in 2015.
Any sides from the 50K dose?
Did you feel better after raising the levels?

DragonBits

Any sides from the 50K dose?
Did you feel better after raising the levels?

No side effects, but then again I didn't take it on a regular basis. I took the 10K more regular, and it does accumulate in fat. So you could take 50K once a week.

I am more or less operating on the theory Vit D level is better between 50-100.

(I do have a theory that one thing often facilitates other processes, like maybe calcium works better or mg is easier to absorb with good level of vit D,it's near impossible to figure out all the pathways that are possible or how things interact)

But specific benefits, well, I don't have the following. :)

1. Heart Disease

2. High Blood Pressure

3. Type 2 Diabetes

4. Type 1 Diabetes

5. Un-Healthy Bones

6. Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

7. Macular Degeneration

8. Arthritis

9. HIV/AIDS

10. Depression

11. Asthma

12. Colds and Flu

13. Autism

14. Cancer

15. Alzheimer’s/Dementia

16. Crohn’s Disease

17. Eczema

18. Psoriasis

19. Parkinson’s Disease

20. Autoimmune Diseases

20 Amazing Benefits of Vitamin D
====================
I haven't noticed anything special, it was a gradual rise in VitD, and many things changed during that time, like I went back on TRT.

CoQ10 went up 57%, Total T went up 150%, E2 up over 200%, Vit D doubled, I lost 30 lbs, I am taking T3/T4, hard to sort out exactly what effect one or the other is having.

Vince

Super Moderator
Is it vitamin D2 or vitamin D3. The common dose of vitamin D2 is 50,000 iu once a week.

HealthMan

My vit D was low a few year ago (i live in the northeast and wake up 5am to go to work and come back home around 7pm so i barely see the sun during the weeks). My doc prescribed me 50,000 IU once a week (i reduced to 50,000 IU E10D after some time) and my vit D levels are in the upper range of normal now. So side effects

Vince

Super Moderator
Mine is zahler brand D3 50,000 IU
When I first started supplementing with vitamin D3. I did have to take 10000 IU daily of D3. Overtime I had to keep lowering my dose because my levels would get too high. I now supplement with 5000 IU of D3 daily.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
The Dangers of High Vitamin D
Among others:
The authors wrote that "analysis of 24,094 adult patients showed that 25(OH)D levels less than 20 ng/mL and 60 ng/mL or greater before hospitalization were associated with an increased odds of 90-day mortality. Although previous reports have suggested an association between low vitamin D status and mortality, these data raise the issue of potential harm from high serum 25(OH)D levels, provide a rationale for an upper limit to supplementation, and emphasize the need for caution in the use of extremely high doses of vitamin D among patients."

DragonBits

When I first started supplementing with vitamin D3. I did have to take 10000 IU daily of D3. Overtime I had to keep lowering my dose because my levels would get too high. I now supplement with 5000 IU of D3 daily.

Vince, I don't really know how much Vitamin D3 I take.

Because I have both 10,000 IU and 50,000 IU bottles and I don't take either one of them on a daily basis. Or any sort of regular basis.

If I think, it seems to have been a week or more since the last time, I will take the 50K, but otherwise I tend to take the 10K.

9/4/2018 my level was at 56.7, next scheduled test from my doctor is sometime in June. I don't recall what I was taking in 2015, but it took 2 years to move up from 26>46.

Once I get a new level in June, I will try and get a strength that I can take daily.

I take the same Vit K you do, I take it every other day. Pretty concentrated, and it's kind of expensive, so every other day is what I am doing.

The Doc wanted me to retake the CAC score test, I am OK with that, let's see what happened to my score when I take it. The guy that promotes KoncentratedK claims he moved his score down by taking K2. From what I have read, the CAC score seldom goes down and they consider it a success if it stays the same.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, I don't really know how much Vitamin D3 I take.

Because I have both 10,000 IU and 50,000 IU bottles and I don't take either one of them on a daily basis. Or any sort of regular basis.

If I think, it seems to have been a week or more since the last time, I will take the 50K, but otherwise I tend to take the 10K.

9/4/2018 my level was at 56.7, next scheduled test from my doctor is sometime in June. I don't recall what I was taking in 2015, but it took 2 years to move up from 26>46.

Once I get a new level in June, I will try and get a strength that I can take daily.

I take the same Vit K you do, I take it every other day. Pretty concentrated, and it's kind of expensive, so every other day is what I am doing.

The Doc wanted me to retake the CAC score test, I am OK with that, let's see what happened to my score when I take it. The guy that promotes KoncentratedK claims he moved his score down by taking K2. From what I have read, the CAC score seldom goes down and they consider it a success if it stays the same.
Yes, I take the same brand of vitamin k as you do. I take it twice a day.

DragonBits

As with any hormone, too much or too little is likely to be bad. I'd aim for blood levels of 30-40 ng/mL. Interestingly, the low 30s is correlated with maximum natural testosterone production.

Low 30s being best for natural testos production is interesting, though not very relevant for TRT. It could be the body is compensating for low levels of VitD? I never noticed in my blood tests when not taking TRT any relationship between totat T and any supplement I took.

But what made you pick 30s as the range you want?

In the link you posted, they said" The lowest mortality risk was at 50-60 nmol/liter. "

Do you not believe them, or don't care, or some other reason to pick the 30s level?

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Low 30s being best for natural testos production is interesting, though not very relevant for TRT. It could be the body is compensating for low levels of VitD? I never noticed in my blood tests when not taking TRT any relationship between totat T and any supplement I took.
Vitamin D below 20 ng/mL is definitely correlated with bad things. Anecdotally, guys who were deficient by this standard have achieved better testosterone levels via supplementation. Overall though vitamin D supplementation is striking out big-time, with the new, large studies not finding improvements in all-cause mortality and other parameters. It's been suggested that low vitamin D is serving as a marker for underlying health issues, which supplementation does not address.

But what made you pick 30s as the range you want?

In the link you posted, they said" The lowest mortality risk was at 50-60 nmol/liter. "

Do you not believe them, or don't care, or some other reason to pick the 30s level?
I pick 30s ng/mL because it's nicely between the extremes where there are correlations with bad things (<20, >50 ng/mL). Note that 50-60 nmol/liter is 20-25 ng/mL. I don't recommend that low because other studies may suggest higher. But I also don't think people at that level should panic. The decision by the labs to raise the lower limit to 30 ng/mL is not well-grounded.

DragonBits

Vitamin D below 20 ng/mL is definitely correlated with bad things. Anecdotally, guys who were deficient by this standard have achieved better testosterone levels via supplementation. Overall though vitamin D supplementation is striking out big-time, with the new, large studies not finding improvements in all-cause mortality and other parameters. It's been suggested that low vitamin D is serving as a marker for underlying health issues, which supplementation does not address.

I pick 30s ng/mL because it's nicely between the extremes where there are correlations with bad things (<20, >50 ng/mL). Note that 50-60 nmol/liter is 20-25 ng/mL. I don't recommend that low because other studies may suggest higher. But I also don't think people at that level should panic. The decision by the labs to raise the lower limit to 30 ng/mL is not well-grounded.

Thanks, I didn't catch that nmol.liter Vs ng/ml.

The problem was I looked directly at their references in the end of the article like this one where Mayo clinic is talking about 50 ng/ml.

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/article/S0025-6196(15)00185-8/fulltext

Now that makes me wonder about the article and where they got 50-60 nmol/liter because the references they gave, at least the ones I took a look at, were in ng/ml and mostly saying greater than 100 or 140 ng/ml was connected with Hypercalcemia problems, and they at least didn't see problems below 100 ng/ml.

I would like to see if anyone knows where PEAK TESTOSTERONE came up with that number, the 50-60 nmol/liter.

I feel like Peak T is conflating nmol/L with ng/ml as being the same.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
I would like to see if anyone knows where PEAK TESTOSTERONE came up with that number, the 50-60 nmol/liter.

I feel like Peak T is conflating nmol/L with ng/ml as being the same.
It's direct from this study, and the units are correct:
A reverse J-shaped association of all-cause mortality with serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D in general practice: the CopD study.
CONCLUSION:
In this study from the general practice sector, a reverse J-shaped relation between the serum level of 25(OH)D and all-cause mortality was observed, indicating not only a lower limit but also an upper limit. The lowest mortality risk was at 50-60 nmol/liter. The study did not allow inference of causality, and further studies are needed to elucidate a possible causal relationship between 25(OH)D levels, especially higher levels, and mortality.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me