High CRP was correlated to ED

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Aging Male. 2016 Nov 12:1-5. [Epub ahead of print]

The correlation between highly sensitive C-reactive protein levels and erectile function among men with late-onset hypogonadism.

Shigehara K1, Konaka H1, Ijima M1, Nohara T1, Narimoto K1, Izumi K1, Kadono Y1, Kitagawa Y1, Mizokami A1, Namiki M1.

Author information

1a Department of Integrative Cancer Therapy and Urology , Kanazawa University Graduate School of Medical Science , Kanazawa , Japan.

Abstract

We investigated the correlation between highly sensitive C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) levels and erectile function, and assessed the clinical role of hs-CRP levels in men with late-onset hypogonadism (LOH) syndrome. For 77 participants, we assessed Sexual Health Inventory for men (SHIM) score, Aging Male Symptoms (AMS) score and International Prostate Symptom Score (IPSS). We also evaluated free testosterone (FT), hs-CRP, total cholesterol, triglyceride levels, high density lipoprotein cholesterol, hemoglobin A1c, body mass index, waist size and blood pressure. We attempted to identify parameters correlated with SHIM score and to determine the factors affecting cardiovascular risk based on hs-CRP levels. A Spearman rank correlation test revealed that age, AMS score, IPSS and hs-CRP levels were significantly correlated with SHIM score. Age-adjusted analysis revealed that hs-CRP and IPSS were the independent factors affecting SHIM score (r= -0.304 and -0.322, respectively). Seventeen patients belonged to the moderate to high risk group for cardiovascular disease, whereas the remaining 60 belonged to the low risk group. Age, FT value and SHIM score showed significant differences between the two groups. A multivariate regression analysis demonstrated that SHIM score was an independent factor affecting cardiovascular risk (OR: 0.796; 95%CI: 0.637-0.995).

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Is CRP included in a CBC or CMP, or is it a specific singular test to be ordered? Reviewing some past records I don't see CRP listed anywhere that I've had a CBC or CMP.

CoastWatcher

Mine has been mildly elevated for years. Dealing as I do with colitis, that is not unexpected. However, when it climbed a bit last winter, due to a colitis flare, ED became a problem for the first time since I initiated TRT. An anecdotal account, but interesting.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me