Hemoglobin 19.1

Buy Lab Tests Online

TorontoTRT

All my numbers look perfect except my Hemoglobin is the highest it’s been at 19.1, hematocrit 56 and RBC 6.94. I don’t have any side effects. Other than anxiety reading online posts about this. Should I donate blood even though my ferritin is lower range at 29? Is flying in a commercial airline dangerous with these numbers? Can anyone here confirm they flew with high hematocrit? Thanks guys.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Reasoning behind this?
Is flying in a commercial airline dangerous with these numbers?

Otherwise I think the only real implication because I don't necessarily subscribe to the HCT/HGB stuff is will your Dr cut you off from treatment if you do not donate. I only donate really because my Dr requires it.

TorontoTRT

I’m going to donate right now. Dr said because my hemoglobin and hematocrit is so high right now, ferritin won’t be lowered much. What can you guys say about this from personal experience?

Will certainly decrease your ferritin even more, at 29 I'd be surprised after a donation if you're over 15-20. Which a little research is easy to find why Ferritin that low causes problems, namely Iron is a key component in the Thyroid conversion of T4-T3.

Vince

Super Moderator
I would donate. That high of HCT scares me. Make sure you drink lots of water and I would considered taking baby aspirin daily.

TorontoTRT

Yeah I drink at least 2 litres a day and take an aspirin and 4 grams omega fish oil daily. Phlebotomy went good. Can’t say I feel any different. Never had any symptoms. Nurse even complimented me on how quick and liquidy my blood was lol. I was expecting to see Jell-O come out. How many point could my hemoglobin and HCT drop from this donation?

They say HCT should reduce 3 points with a 1 pint donation. Using the loose calculate of HGB multiplied 3 times, your HCT at that time could have been 62.7
Most places have an upper cutoff on the finger stick I can't remember exactly but my place might be 21 or 22 where they'll reject you during screening.

TorontoTRT

I think the finger prick might not be as accurate. My actual blood test 24 hours before was 19.1. Can’t imagine my hemoglobin went up 10% in one day?

Its not...you just take this stuff with a grain of salt. The most common response to the variances (in HCT) that can be found is hydration levels.

TorontoTRT

How do you feel after donations? This is my first ever blood donation. I was expecting to feel a bit tired or weird a day after due to the low ferritin I had going in. But I don’t feel any different.

TorontoTRT

Donation worked!
843BBED4-0D99-4AC7-90DB-7F5BC4A15688.jpeg

Vince

Super Moderator
I felt neutral. So it looks like every number dropped exactly 10%. I’m assuming they’ll start climbing back up immediately right?
Yes, your levels should gradually increase. Hopefully over time your HCT will stabilize. After two years of trt, I no longer have to donate blood. What a relief.

It has been almost two and a half years since I donated.

AMPS

All my numbers look perfect except my Hemoglobin is the highest it’s been at 19.1, hematocrit 56 and RBC 6.94. I don’t have any side effects. Other than anxiety reading online posts about this. Should I donate blood even though my ferritin is lower range at 29? Is flying in a commercial airline dangerous with these numbers? Can anyone here confirm they flew with high hematocrit? Thanks guys.
Your hematocrit is to high, please listen to your body.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me