Hematocrit still high even after Blood donation!

Buy Lab Tests Online

DarkMan X

Hey guys,

When I first started TRT one year ago with Royal mens medical., they said that if your RBC count/hematocrit go too high, you must do a blood donation to correct it. My blood donation was on July 19th, 2022.

Below are the results of my first blood test AFTER this donation. As you can see, my hematocrit is still too high.

Strange enough, my estradiol is normal now (first time ever since starting TRT).
ALT is normal too - does that also have to do with TRT?

Please understand, I know that I've made impulsive mistakes in the past through "experimentation". But I am in a dire situation, and I am on my knees BEGGING for your help.

Anyway, here it is:
1661385926561.png

1661385989134.png

First time ALT is fine...
1661386033134.png

1661386061883.png

Do you guys think my prolactin is a tad high? I only ask because I once took cabergoline (a prolactin-lowering medication) and it made me feel very good.
1661386149572.png

1661386240083.png

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Fortunate

Your hematocrit is a touch high, but your hemoglobin is only high end of normal. you’re getting close to a normal range. I might consider doing another donation in the near future and checking your hemoglobin hematocrit levels again.

Meanwhile, I would stay away from all testosterone for the time being.

DarkMan X

Your hematocrit is a touch high, but your hemoglobin is only high end of normal. you’re getting close to a normal range. I might consider doing another donation in the near future and checking your hemoglobin hematocrit levels again.

Meanwhile, I would stay away from all testosterone for the time being.
I intend to do another donation ASAP. However, They force you to wait 8 weeks between donations which means I cannot do another one until September 19th.

T

tareload

Please understand, I know that I've made impulsive mistakes in the past through "experimentation". But I am in a dire situation, and I am on my knees BEGGING for your help.

What have you injected over last 4 weeks?

Please list out your prior and current protocol in detail.

Why is your TT/fT still so high? It doesn't appear you skipped dosing for 1-2 weeks.

2-3 months to see significant reduction in Hct without phlebotomy. RBC lifetime is 90-110 days.

It doesn't have to be this difficult unless you want it to be.

Last edited by a moderator:

gallant

I intend to do another donation ASAP. However, They force you to wait 8 weeks between donations which means I cannot do another one until September 19th.
You can go to a different blood donation facility. Hospitals often have blood donation available as well. There is no central computer that keeps tabs on these things. Heck in my area there are 4 or 5 in a 20 mile radius and no one would ever know. However ,this may not be wise as you could crash your ferritin.

DarkMan X

So you have no plans to lower your steroid cycle dose?

If you just lowered your dosage, no need for all for the headaches of dealing with high HCT and losing iron in the process.
Last week (aug. 18th) was my last dosing of t-cyp (1 mL only). Also 1mL of Pregnyl. Also, it was my last because I ran out of T-cyp completely.

Systemlord: What does "losing Iron" have to do with High Hematocrit?

DarkMan X

When you donate blood, you lose iron. Donate blood excessively and you run the risk of depleting your ferritin, iron stores.

Username "Gallant" mentioned that. But he said that only happens if you do not wait the prescribed time between blood donations (which @ my blood bank is a minimum of 8 weeks)..

Besides I only donated once in my entire life.

DarkMan X

When you donate blood, you lose iron. Donate blood excessively and you run the risk of depleting your ferritin, iron stores.

Just to clarify:

Can a person have low iron even if their Red Blood cell count is too high, and Hemoglobin is at the very upper range?

(Below is my very latest blood lab done on August 10th 2022):

1661477230911.png

BigTex

In fact, the Red Cross sugggests that after donating blood you take 18-38 mg of elemental iron or a multivitamin with 18 mg of iron for at least 60 days after donating whole blood or 120 days after a power red donation.

Blackhawk

Just to clarify:

Can a person have low iron even if their Red Blood cell count is too high, and Hemoglobin is at the very upper range?

The number of importance as already stated is ferritin. Get your ferritin tested to have an idea of whether another phlebotomy is safe for you.

Ferritin is a proxy for how much accumulated iron is stored in your body's tissues.

Serum iron measurements are what's available in the blood. Related but not the same.

DarkMan X

The number of importance as already stated is ferritin. Get your ferritin tested to have an idea of whether another phlebotomy is safe for you.

Ferritin is a proxy for how much accumulated iron is stored in your body's tissues.

Serum iron measurements are what's available in the blood. Related but not the same.

Sounds feasible enough. I'll get it done.

I really didn't know that Ferritin was the real gold standard for your body's Iron stores.

Warrior

Hey guys,

When I first started TRT one year ago with Royal mens medical., they said that if your RBC count/hematocrit go too high, you must do a blood donation to correct it. My blood donation was on July 19th, 2022.

Below are the results of my first blood test AFTER this donation. As you can see, my hematocrit is still too high.

Strange enough, my estradiol is normal now (first time ever since starting TRT).
ALT is normal too - does that also have to do with TRT?

Anyway, here it is:
View attachment 24999
View attachment 25000

First time ALT is fine...
View attachment 25001
View attachment 25002

Do you guys think my prolactin is a tad high? I only ask because I once took cabergoline (a prolactin-lowering medication) and it made me feel very good.
View attachment 25003

View attachment 25006

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale