Hematocrit monitoring at home?

Buy Lab Tests Online

magnus68

Hey guys, I have to monitor my Hematocrit fairly often because of Recent diagnosis of hemochromotosis. Do any of you use a home monitor machine? It gets expensive to keep getting it tested at lab corp and the blood donation places wont test it anymore unless I donate, but I cant wait every 56 days...any ideas?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You're stuck on the 56 day schedule no matter what your tests say, that's just how donating works. No if you have a Dr that will write you an order for Therapeutic Phlebotomy, you can decrease those 56 days. I've not heard or seen any info on a home test option. Perhaps you could get your hemoglobin but if you go in to donate and you're at their low cutoff they'll just send you away = free test, so to speak.

gallan

Banned
You can also use different blood donation centers. Here in South Florida we have 4 different hospital systems within a 30 mile radius that are not in any central computer system so none are aware if you donated at any of the other ones.

magnus68

You can also use different blood donation centers. Here in South Florida we have 4 different hospital systems within a 30 mile radius that are not in any central computer system so none are aware if you donated at any of the other ones.

You see I dont want to donate UNLESS my crit is high. I just want it tested and if its high I will donate, if not I wont in order to keep my ferritin in range

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
CBC complete blood count.jpg

CBC includes hematocrit and it is $23 (minus 5 % coupon: $21.85) at DiscountedLabs,com

http://www.discountedlabs.com/cbc-complete-blood-count-includes-hematocrit/

Jon H

It doesn't get much cheaper than the Discounted Labs test, and you get the entire CBC panel. Even if there was a home testing kit, it wouldn't be as accurate and wouldn't cost much less over a 2-3 year period.

Thanks Nelson!

MarkLA

There are at-home test machines. If you search Amazon for Hemoblobin Monitor you can see them.

I used to have one of these (but not the brand currently on Amazon). I found it to be unreliable -- which is dangerous. I'd be curious if someone else buys one of these and confirms it to be reliable over time.

With cost of a machine at $70 and strips at $30 for $25, you're at $4/test assuming no bad strips, etc.

Lately, I just go to Labcorp and pay more because I figure accuracy is more important than cost...

Thomdavies2053

Hey guys, I have to monitor my Hematocrit fairly often because of Recent diagnosis of hemochromotosis. Do any of you use a home monitor machine? It gets expensive to keep getting it tested at lab corp and the blood donation places wont test it anymore unless I donate, but I cant wait every 56 days...any ideas?

Actually some of the answers were not correct. My HCT runs high, my primary wrote a prescription for me to donate every 14 days or twice a month. ARC and Shepheard blood both accept the script.

Vince

Super Moderator
Actually some of the answers were not correct. My HCT runs high, my primary wrote a prescription for me to donate every 14 days or twice a month. ARC and Shepheard blood both accept the script.

I've never heard of anyone donate blood twice a month. How high is your HCT actually.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me