Hematocrit Increasing Blood Pressure

Buy Lab Tests Online

LakeGuy81

Pre TRT my blood pressure was 130/80 with HCT of like 47 (top range 51.0) and hemoglobin of 16.8 (top range 17.7). My last labs have my HCT now at 51.8 (top range 51.0) and hemoglobin at 17.6 (top range 17.7) and I've been having some BP issues with spike readings of 160/90. I have anxiety as well maybe pushing these readings, but BP is definitely up. Can going from 47 to 52 in HCT cause BP spikes like this? I just started a BP med, but am wondering if maybe donating first would have been a better option. I have never donated before.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Testosterone increases extracellular water ECW. Testosterone acts directly on the kidney, because androgen receptors are expressed in renal tubules. There is evidence that androgens stimulate the expression of the angiotensinogen gene in the kidney, providing a potential mechanism of sodium and water retention by testosterone. This retention can increase weight and blood pressure during the first weeks of TRT. A high proportion of red blood cells (hematocrit) caused by TRT can also increase blood viscosity and blood pressure. High hematocrit can be managed by blood donations.

It is important to have your blood pressure measured during the first month of treatment to ensure that it does not increase with testosterone. The good news is that replacement doses are much less associated with this problem. More serious risks for hypertension are associated with the high testosterone doses associated with performance-enhancing use.

David P

Donate for sure! I do every quarter. Helps many people who need blood, and definitely helps you (with reducing the viscosity of your blood).

TorontoTRT

It’s individual. 51 htc is not high. I’ve had htc of 58 with blood pressure 100/65. Pretty sure your anxiety is causing blood pressure spikes.

David P

i just know I have high bp, and when my htc gets high (>54 or so), it even gets higher. And does seem to go down some after donating. Also, feel much better after donating (physically and mentally). Just my take.

TorontoTRT

i just know I have high bp, and when my htc gets high (>54 or so), it even gets higher. And does seem to go down some after donating. Also, feel much better after donating (physically and mentally). Just my take.
It’s strange how we each feel different things. I also donate but I feel no difference from before to after. Also my blood pressure never even reaches 120/80 even when I take stimulants like ephedrine which cause blood pressure spikes.
E5ACFF47-7A4E-4ABC-A9B2-FC7F6F98B488.jpeg

LakeGuy81

TorontoTRT you are lucky, because I've seen many other threads on here where guys claim HCT can definitely increase BP. Thicker blood viscosity=more pressure (generally). I was just wondering if anyone else experience BP increases going from 47 to 52 HCT like my numbers show. But yes, it could just be anxiety and/or other issues as high BP does run in my family.

TorontoTRT

I just read a study that actually says in healthy people BP is decreased with higher hct due to testosterone increasing nitric oxide production to compensate.

Gunga

TorontoTRT you are lucky, because I've seen many other threads on here where guys claim HCT can definitely increase BP. Thicker blood viscosity=more pressure (generally). I was just wondering if anyone else experience BP increases going from 47 to 52 HCT like my numbers show. But yes, it could just be anxiety and/or other issues as high BP does run in my family.
I feel inclined to share this to hopefully help someone else. I’m definitely having BP issues from Hematocrit. I donated today. My hematocrit has been creeping up the last year or so on TRT and about 8 weeks ago I added Nandrolone 6mgs daily to my TRT thinking it’s a small dose and shouldn’t affect it much. Yikes! Bad idea. My Hemoglobin was 19.3 AFTER I pounded 2 waters to get it down to pass the blood screening! (They don’t take blood if you’re over 20) Last night I had readings that were really scary; like 180-110, 160/100 even a 190/120. After I donated double red cells today my BP is 130/80. I have been drinking more water as well. There’s no doubt a correlation. I’m done with Nandrolone add on for TRT. Be careful gentlemen.

Vince

Super Moderator
It’s strange how we each feel different things. I also donate but I feel no difference from before to after. Also my blood pressure never even reaches 120/80 even when I take stimulants like ephedrine which cause blood pressure spikes.
View attachment 10770
When my pulse is high, for some reason. My blood pressure also tends to run lower.

But I don’t believe my pulse ever runs that high.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me