Help with Cytomel

Buy Lab Tests Online

jmzwy

Just was prescribed Cytomel by defy medical. Reverse T3 was 23 and T3 was 2.8. Took 5 mcg for the first week as prescribed, and then increased to 10 mcg. For the first week I had trouble sleeping the first two or three nights, and then settled in. At 10 mcg I haven’t been able to sleep at all for three nights now.... like zero sleep seriously. Is this normal and just a matter of my body adapting to the new medication, or is this a sign that I just should not be taking cyromel. Any thoughts or experience are appreciated.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vtail

My numbers were very close to yours, and I was prescribed the extended release version of T3 from Empower. As I increased the dose I went through a rough patch of high anxiety/stress and very poor sleep for 3-4 weeks. After that things returned to normal.

Cataceous

Super Moderator
Are you taking it first thing in the morning? I had similar numbers and also take 10 mcg prescribed by Defy. I find that, if anything, it has improved my sleep. I use generic tablets from my local pharmacy and not something compounded.

I don't know how or why, but there may be differences in outcomes between different formulations at the same dose. I tried substituting AllDayChemist's version for part of my dose but then I did have trouble sleeping and experienced mild hyper- symptoms.

JimGainz

Try spreading out your dose - take 5 mcg when you get up and then another 5 mcgs 5 hours later or before lunch. T3 meds are tricky to get dialed in. I titrated from 5 to 10 and then 15 - by then I was bouncing off the walls. Went back to 10 per day but in a split dose and never take it after 3 pm to avoid sleep issues. Other than the dialing in period I have had zero problems sleeping with it.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Your FT3/RT3 ratio is real low, around 12, meaning something might be causing T4 to be converting to RT3 at a higher rate than desired.

It would be good to see the whole picture, with FT4, antibodies (TPO & TgAb), plus CBC's, iron/ferritin, D3, metabolic panel, etc., the gamut if you have it? Also, ranges can help as well to just get a better perspective of the % of reference range.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me